1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MOAR Units Mod 1.2

Adds 10 general units and 2 additional unique units for each Civilization.

Tags:
  1. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

Call me nuts, but I liked the Minutemen. Too many modern American units already...

gimper42 likes this.
  2. CivLiberator

CivLiberator Chieftain

he doesn't want to replace it, just add an extra unit as in the base game an advantage of America was that it had units not 1.

3. cometheart

cometheart Chieftain

Hello, Deliverator, could you add some naval units to the game? Is it possible? Is there a manual for modding so I could contribute the modding process?

4. Bosworth II VII

Bosworth II VII Chieftain

Hi,

Any plans to change Greece's unique unit now that Macedonia have them and Macedonia's are actually weaker ?

5. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

6. rracoon

rracoon Chieftain

I have been playing as Gandhi recently and it's unique units are pretty wonky to use considering that he has to build Varus and Mughal Sowar from scratch. Could you maybe make it so that the Varu upgrades to Mughals?

7. skodkim

skodkim Deity

@Deliverator

I'm not able to start a new game using the version you just uploaded.

It might be compatibility problems with other mods (I use a lot but have seen none so far and check log files on every start).

Funny part is I took the Steam version you uploaded earlier today and have no problems when using that one.

\Skodkim

8. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Deliverator updated Moar Units Mod with a new update entry:

0.83 Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. Deliverator

Yeah, there was an issue there. Anyway, I've now uploaded a version that is the same as the Steam version.

10. Firebug

Firebug Not-so Great Engineer

What animations does the Peltast use?

11. Deliverator

Just the Slinger ones for now. It looks a little bit weird, but I haven't had time to test custom animations yet.

12. rracoon

rracoon Chieftain

This is why you are my fav modder.

13. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Yes! Thank you for adding the light cavalry unit back in from HaHW - I really hated the big gap between the Horseman & Cavalry in the Vanilla game.

14. Tolerant

Tolerant Chieftain

There still two problems remaining (besides Voomera and Peltast animations - in this case we all know that resourses and your time are limited). First problem - my short swordsman (original) in every game have the same color - white. New horseman unit looks good but you forgot to add a sound when they are selected. Maybe you should add sound from original light horsemen.
    Рисунок1.png Рисунок2.png

15. Tolerant

Tolerant Chieftain

And one more thing. In HaHW I really liked the idea of caravan units diversity. Maybe in the future updates you consider to return that feature.

16. 22radioactive22

22radioactive22 Chieftain

For Macedon,

Pezhetairoi - +3 combat strength vs. spearman, additional +6 combat strength vs cavalry, and +6 combat strength vs. melee units, Enemies have +50% flanking bonus. Pezhetairoi were the backbone of the Macedonian army, and their Sarissa spears would be able to impale enemies before they came into reach. Philip first used them, and successfully defeated his enemy in the Battle of Chaeronea. Unfortunately, Sarissa spears lacked maneuverability, therefor a flank could be more effective.

For Persia -

Persian War Elephant (To counter India's Varu) - Replaces horseman, uses heavy cavalry tree, is not effected by enemy combat bonuses. Although the War Elephants the Persian's used in the Battle of Gaugamela were of Indian Origin, i think it would be cool to have another war elephant unique unit that could match up against india's Varu.

Sparabara - Unique melee unit available with the Bronze Working tech, +5 combat strength when defending adjacent to a friendly archer, enemy archers cannot shoot past Sparabara (They must shoot the Sparabara.) Does not upgrade into an Immortal. (60 production cost, 28 combat strength)

EDIT: Also one more thing, do you know if you could change the U-boat? Since the U-boat in real life wasn't really a ship that did well in the ocean, and was more of a trade plundering vessel I have an alternative.

U-boat - +100% gold from pillaging, +1 sight, +1 speed, can pillage traders from 1 tile away and costs 1 movement to pillage.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  17. Deliverator

I haven't noticed this issue. Are you certain that another mod isn't causing this?

Can't do the Reindeer unfortunately as it's not possible to re-use elements of the DLC art anymore - it was possible for a time until a patch disabled it again. I could use the War Cart Donkey though for non-Middle Eastern Cultures.

18. parth

parth Chieftain

Been having a problem, I unzipped all the files into my mods folder and enabled moar units under the "additional content" but when I make a new game, the mod does not seem to work. Other mods work perfectly fine. Not sure if I did something wrong.

19. AndreP

AndreP Chieftain

Here is the German Translation from Junky (civforum)

Attached Files:

20. castrito

castrito Chieftain

Hello, two possible bugs.
    a. In my Pericles game the Peltast would not upgrade to anything
    b. In my Pericles game again while Geneva city state was asking me to build a Peltast suddenly their demand changed and they were asking for hirdman, the Norwegian unit.