Moar Units Mod

MOAR Units Mod 1.2

Hello, Deliverator, could you add some naval units to the game? Is it possible? Is there a manual for modding so I could contribute the modding process?

Hi,

Any plans to change Greece's unique unit now that Macedonia have them and Macedonia's are actually weaker ?

I have been playing as Gandhi recently and it's unique units are pretty wonky to use considering that he has to build Varus and Mughal Sowar from scratch. Could you maybe make it so that the Varu upgrades to Mughals?

@Deliverator

I'm not able to start a new game using the version you just uploaded.

It might be compatibility problems with other mods (I use a lot but have seen none so far and check log files on every start).

Funny part is I took the Steam version you uploaded earlier today and have no problems when using that one.

\Skodkim

Deliverator updated Moar Units Mod with a new update entry:

0.83 Update

* Additional Light Cavalry unit: New Horseman unit inserted between Rider (Old Horseman unit) and Cavalry.

* Minuteman changed: Now weaker than Musketman, but cheaper to build and maintain Still gains +5 Combat Strength when fighting in or adjacent to its home territory and gains additional +5 Combat Strength when fighting in Forest or Jungle.

* Fixed: Upgrade and AI types for Peltast.
* Fixed: Hirdman is now available at Iron Working.
* Indian Varu now upgrades to Mughal Sowar.

* Added...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Deliverator

I'm not able to start a new game using the version you just uploaded.

It might be compatibility problems with other mods (I use a lot but have seen none so far and check log files on every start).

Funny part is I took the Steam version you uploaded earlier today and have no problems when using that one.

\Skodkim

Yeah, there was an issue there. Anyway, I've now uploaded a version that is the same as the Steam version.

What animations does the Peltast use?

What animations does the Peltast use?

Just the Slinger ones for now. It looks a little bit weird, but I haven't had time to test custom animations yet.

There still two problems remaining (besides Voomera and Peltast animations - in this case we all know that resourses and your time are limited). First problem - my short swordsman (original) in every game have the same color - white. New horseman unit looks good but you forgot to add a sound when they are selected. Maybe you should add sound from original light horsemen.
Рисунок1.png
Рисунок2.png

And one more thing. In HaHW I really liked the idea of caravan units diversity. Maybe in the future updates you consider to return that feature.

For Macedon,

Pezhetairoi - +3 combat strength vs. spearman, additional +6 combat strength vs cavalry, and +6 combat strength vs. melee units, Enemies have +50% flanking bonus. Pezhetairoi were the backbone of the Macedonian army, and their Sarissa spears would be able to impale enemies before they came into reach. Philip first used them, and successfully defeated his enemy in the Battle of Chaeronea. Unfortunately, Sarissa spears lacked maneuverability, therefor a flank could be more effective.

For Persia -

Persian War Elephant (To counter India's Varu) - Replaces horseman, uses heavy cavalry tree, is not effected by enemy combat bonuses. Although the War Elephants the Persian's used in the Battle of Gaugamela were of Indian Origin, i think it would be cool to have another war elephant unique unit that could match up against india's Varu.

Sparabara - Unique melee unit available with the Bronze Working tech, +5 combat strength when defending adjacent to a friendly archer, enemy archers cannot shoot past Sparabara (They must shoot the Sparabara.) Does not upgrade into an Immortal. (60 production cost, 28 combat strength)

EDIT: Also one more thing, do you know if you could change the U-boat? Since the U-boat in real life wasn't really a ship that did well in the ocean, and was more of a trade plundering vessel I have an alternative.

U-boat - +100% gold from pillaging, +1 sight, +1 speed, can pillage traders from 1 tile away and costs 1 movement to pillage.

Last edited:
First problem - my short swordsman (original) in every game have the same color - white.

I haven't noticed this issue. Are you certain that another mod isn't causing this?

And one more thing. In HaHW I really liked the idea of caravan units diversity. Maybe in the future updates you consider to return that feature.

Can't do the Reindeer unfortunately as it's not possible to re-use elements of the DLC art anymore - it was possible for a time until a patch disabled it again. I could use the War Cart Donkey though for non-Middle Eastern Cultures.

Been having a problem, I unzipped all the files into my mods folder and enabled moar units under the "additional content" but when I make a new game, the mod does not seem to work. Other mods work perfectly fine. Not sure if I did something wrong.

Here is the German Translation from Junky (civforum)

Attachments

• Übersetzung.zip
    63.3 KB · Views: 145
Hello, two possible bugs.
a. In my Pericles game the Peltast would not upgrade to anything
b. In my Pericles game again while Geneva city state was asking me to build a Peltast suddenly their demand changed and they were asking for hirdman, the Norwegian unit.

Top Bottom