1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

MOAR Units Mod 1.2

Adds 10 general units and 2 additional unique units for each Civilization.

Tags:
  1. Jopo

Jopo Chieftain

What´s this I hear? That the maker of MOAR Units is retiring from modding? Well, may I ask have you nominated someone to succeed you in maintaining this mod and perhaps continuing your work? Perhaps there could even be a team to continue the mod?

I know I haven´t got the skills as regards to 3d models etc., at least not yet, but perhaps I could serve as some sort of history advisor as I do study that subject and particularly military history, so maybe that could be my contribution?

I was just thinking of beginning a conversation within this mods frame of adding some new unit "paths" that I´ve proposed elsewhere I think?

like this;

Divide melee infantry into two "paths" Heavy and Light Melee Inf.

Light Melee path could perhaps be like this; "light" warrior/skirmisher (ancient era) --> light swordsman (classical era), in contrast to legions etc. these guys wear light armor and are more suited to raiding and could perhaps have a movement bonus in rough terrain? ---> light medieval inf. (fyrdmen, levies whatever you want to call them?) ---> Skirmishers (Jaegers, Grenzers, Chasseurs etc. renaissance musket armed light inf., the idea being that instead of marching into enemy gunfire ranks closed these guys have a more open formation of battle, if you´re familiar with Total war games like Empire TW?) ---> Sharpshooters (rifle armed light inf of say Victorian era etc.) ---> Light Infantry (WW-2 era) ---> Airborne Infantry (adv. helicopter borne light inf. Vietnam war era style)

Heavy Melee path; basically this would be the vanilla melee inf path.

as for cavalry... maybe a "mounted archer" path like this;

mounted archer (generic ancient/classical era unit) --> medieval mounted archer --> dragoon (renaissance/napoleonic era) --> since these are ranged units... perhaps "horse artillery" as the industrial era unit ---> for WW-2 era, maybe assault gun or Tank Destroyer as the equivalent? --> Light Armor or Infantry Fighting vehicle as the modern equivalent?

Anyway... there are some of my ideas... but most importantly, what is to become of MOAR units?

2. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

We need to research new units for Nubia, Khmer, and Indonesia, even if the mod is practically finished.

3. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

My ideas for Nubia based on rough history and art options would be:
    * Medjay
    * African Forest Elephant (can convert/reskin the Carthage unit from Civ 5 for this)

For Indonesia an obvious choice would be to bring back the Kris Swordsman, but would need one more.

Two more units for the Khmer is hard. Perhaps a naval unit?

4. God of Kings

The Medjay's skin could be imported from Age of Mythology.

For both Khmer and Indonesia, perhaps look for units from the Khmer Rouge and Suharto eras, respectively?

5. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

What about Kopassus for Indonesia.

EDIT: I actually did a conversion of the Civ 4 Khmer War Elephant from Civ 4 to Civ 5 ( with bad animations I think). I wonder if I still have the art files somewhere.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  6. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

JFD already did a pretty decent Medjay for Piye that I co-opted to use with Amanitore.

7. God of Kings

That is excellent. @Deliverator Do you want to incorporate that?

8. Deliverator

The Khmer already have the Ballista elephant in Civ 6, the Domrey. So would need another two non-elephant units.

9. Lynnes

Lynnes Chieftain

Now that you have replaced the maceman, could you give the warriors their clubs back please? :)

10. Superszadko

Superszadko Chieftain

Hello
    I have a few propositions of new units for the Nubian, Indonesian and Khmer civilizations.
    Nubia:
    1. Medjay - is an ancient elite paramilitary unit (like today's policeman). The unit can replace swordsman.
    2. Beja Camel Warrior - tribal warriors - one version is a rider with javelins and shield. The second version is a rider with a rifle. It can replace a horseman or cavalry.
    Indonesia:
    1. Nias Warrior - spearmen.
    2. Bali Warrior - a similar unit was in Civ V - kriss warrior. Replaces a swordsman or a longswordsman.
    3. Karambit Warrior (unit from Age of Empires II: Rise of Rajas) - light infantry armed with karambit knives. Rather, it replaces a swordsman.
    4. Kapal Majapahit (Ship) - another sea unit. I have no idea.
    Khmer:
    1. Rattan Archer (unit from Age of Empires II: Rise of Rajas) - archers with a bonus to fight in forests / rain forests.
    2. Mantlet - a support unit that protects the units from enemy fire.
    3. War Boat (War Canoe) - a ship used by Khmer.

beja.jpg
    Beja Camel Warrior v.1

beja warrior.jpg
    Beja Camel Warrior v.2

Bali_warriors.jpg
    Bali Warriors with kris

Nias Warrior.jpg
    Nias Warrior

kapal majapahit ship.jpg
    Kapal Majapahit Ship

karambit.jpg
    Karambit Warrior -- a rather modern but I don't have another :)

mantlet khmer.jpg
    Khmer Mantlet - drawing based on bas-reliefs

war boat khmer.jpg
    War Canoe - this also on bas-reliefs.

2691858703_997cc745dc.jpg
    Cambodian Archer

Attached Files:

11. God of Kings

For Korea, there can be the Turtle Ship and the Hwarang (though the latter is also the name of Seondeok's leader ability; the extra unique unit could be called Flowering Knight instead, it would only be the same if there were a Korean localization (and a Chinese and Japanese localization as well) of the mod).

12. Aedra

Aedra Chieftain

I just want to congratulate you on your mod, it doesn't even feel like a mod but a missing part of the game.

13. Troubledsoul

Troubledsoul Chieftain

I got ideas for Indonesia

It is well known for Indonesians that, back then during the war for independence, soldiers craft and use a makeshift bamboo spear to compensate the lack of weapons. I'd say, we can use this to replace infantry for Indonesia. But then, it will make Indonesian soldiers look rather.....primitive. Or maybe we can just replace the upcoming pike and shot but it will be waaaay too early, I guess

Or, we can use PETA Army, a voluntary army organized by Imperial Japanese which members are highly influental on gaining the nation's independence, especially (and ironically) against Japan.

14. Lynnes

Lynnes Chieftain

A few bugs I found:

-the Bandeirante is missing BuildCharges="1", currently it cannot construct anything
    -the Bandeirante unit model is wearing two different hats (brown and purple) over each other, could be intended though
    -the russian translation for many unit descriptions contains more parts than the other localisations. when the game is set to English or any other language, a lot of russian text appears after the original one. Examples are Ghazi, Yamato, Amazon Scout..

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  15. kiwipeso

kiwipeso Chieftain

This mod and the other related mods are currently incompatible with Civ6 1.06 (Version for Khmer and Indonesia DLC).

16. God of Kings

For the Netherlands, there's the Sea Beggar and please help me come up with one other unique unit for the Netherlands.

17. CrazyDutch64

CrazyDutch64 Chieftain

Here some suggestions

Marinier = Marine exist in the Netherlands all about 350 years. Is elite infantry and some parts are Special Forces and Anti-Terrorist units. A part is from the 70ties part of the UK-NL Force (UK= 3rd Commando Brigade)

KCT = Korps Commando Troepen

Fokker Biplane = The Fokker Airplanes of Germany in WWI are designed and factored by Anthony Fokker a Dutch. Or
    Fokker GI = Fighterplane look alike as P-38 Lightning exist in 1940 but not many.

18. God of Kings

For Mongolia, we should come up with ideas for two new units. I can come up with one though: the Khan (unique great general that also acts like a medic).

19. Deliverator

Deliverator updated Moar Units Mod with a new update entry:

1.11 Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

Clubber Lang likes this.
  20. Deliverator

Thanks for reporting these issues - they have been addresses in today's update. :)

Lynnes likes this.