1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

MOAR Units Mod 1.2

Adds 10 general units and 2 additional unique units for each Civilization.

Tags:
  1. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

We should come up with two units for the Cree.

2. Metecury

Metecury Chieftain

Have you guys considered the addition of more WMDs? I think it would add something interesting to late game war. I mean something like chemical weapons being discovered at chemistry and having a similar effect as nuclear fallout or Beyond Earth's miasma, and perhaps bio weapons pillaging farms or causing amenities drop in cities and negative growth. All with added diplo penalties and perhaps some related strategic resource.

What do you guys think?

3. God of Kings

We should come up with two more units for Georgia as well.

4. kerrigan1603

kerrigan1603 Chieftain

I notice you have added WW1 tank units but not WW1 infantry units, have you thought adding any Great War units not included in Vanilla Civilization VI, should be easy to import the models over, oooh how about The Giant Death Robot, that would be soo awesome, you could even launch ICBM's from it....... if that's okay with you of course.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  5. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

I think you might be confusing this mod with Warfare Expanded - the base Moar Units doesn't add WWI tanks.

6. kerrigan1603

kerrigan1603 Chieftain

My apologies dear person, i must of had a brain fart, so sorry.

7. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

@Deliverator Even though you've retired from unit making, I wonder if after the release of R&F you might return to update existing units and/or add new ones like a paratrooper. I know that was something that interested you (Is it possible to implement a Paradrop unit action using Lua?), and which I hope will now be possible with the paradrop ability of the new Spec Ops unit.

8. Deliverator

I'm planning a new mod which will be the successor to Moar Units Core Only - with some changes and a couple of additions. It will only have General/Global Units - no Unique Units. I'm not planning to make a Paratrooper unit.

With Moar Units I'll do the minimum required to make it work with Rise & Fall - this will mean dropping the Recon unit to make way for the new Spec Ops unit and fixing the Anti-Cav progression for Pike and Shot.

I'm not going to create a new unique unit mod. Even if I were to drop to one UU per civ I would have to make unique art for another 11 Civs and I don't have time for that.

9. margustoo

margustoo Chieftain

Can someone take this mod over? It is quite sad that mod creator has decided to give up on creating new units for civs. Now I need to ether play without Nubia, Indonesia and Khmer or without this mod because otherwise those civs wouldn't be balanced. Has anyone tried to convience f.e JDF or some other mod creator to take over this mod or at least make it so that someone else supports it as long as mod creator decides not to do so??

10. Frinckles

Frinckles Chieftain

Late to the party on this one. @Deliverator: Is the issue art assets creation or just managing the mod in general?
    I don't have enough experience with the XML equipping system but I can make basic art assets like models/textures for units if lack of time is an issue. Thanks for all the work on the mod by the way.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  11. Deliverator

Both. It all takes time. Actually making the art is the fun bit. Implementing art defines and the rest of mod maintenance not so much.

I've released a new successor mod to the Global Units component of Moar Units called Steel & Thunder. Now on Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1292617460

Wolfdog likes this.
  12. DD44

DD44 Chieftain

With steel and thunder putting the global units back, what is the future of this mod with Deliverator retiring? I cannot impress this enough: the base game is essentially unplayable to me now without the new unique units. This is the most essential mod I own. Will the unique units be added in a separate mod compatible with R&F? I love this mod, am heartbroken it doesn't work with R&F, and am sorry you're retiring...

13. marceljc

marceljc Chieftain

Deliverator, first of all let me tell you how happy I was the first time I played with your MOD, it makes the game much more fun!
    Also, could you please add a non steam link for the last update to make Moar Units compatible with Rise and Fall? The last one here is the 1.11 version not the last one.
    Thanks,

14. Scouse22rn

Scouse22rn Chieftain

Can I second this request please, I bought a non Steam version of the game and it just doesn't work with the workshop properly, love your mod!

15. God of Kings

There are only two legal non-Steam versions of Civ VI: one's for the Mac and another's for the iPad.

16. Deliverator

Deliverator updated Moar Units Mod with a new update entry:

1.2 Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

[to_xp]Gekko likes this.
  17. Golan v

Golan v Chieftain

not working on Rize & Fall ***.216... it throws me out to the main menu when I activated the new update (1.2 from today) :/

18. Gwydion62

Gwydion62 Chieftain

Can you please tell me how to add a UU to a an other Civ?
    Let's say the Hireman to Scotland?
    Where is the right file to put a line in?

19. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko WM junkie

Golan v likes this.
  20. Golan v

Golan v Chieftain