Moar Units Mod

MOAR Units Mod 1.2

I love your MOD man! :lol:

Maybe you can lend me a Hand: I need a unit which is giving the same bonus a Great Generals to neighboring units and have a ZOC.

Is this possible?

Unfortunately, the mod creator practically retired from creating new units.

That's why there's no new units for Nubia, Khmer, or Indonesia.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when Even Moar Units mod will be updated from the fall 2017 patch? All the DLC Civs have there Even Moar Mod working.

After the latest patch and DLC Moar Units doesn't work properly - no new units appear :(

After the latest patch and DLC Moar Units doesn't work properly - no new units appear :(

It's only the Civ selection screen that is broken - the new units still appear in the loading screen and work in game. I believe I've identified the issue with the selection screen and will upload this week.

Does anyone know when Even Moar Units mod will be updated from the fall 2017 patch? All the DLC Civs have there Even Moar Mod working.

I've said previously that the Macedon & Persia Even Moar Units would be the last one from me.

@Deliverator Had an issue come up in the Modding log after MOAR's update on Steam today. The game was loading MOAR when this error comes up:
Code:
[2050938.237] Status: Mods - Loading Platforms/Windows/BLPs/units/tanks.blp
[2050938.237] Status: Mods - Loading Platforms/Windows/BLPs/units/trebuchet.blp
[2050938.238] Status: Mods - Loading Platforms/Windows/BLPs/units/ulfhednar.blp
[2050938.238] ERROR: Attempted to evaluate a path for a mod that doesn't actually contain that path.
70+ more lines with the same error.
[2050938.311] ERROR: Attempted to evaluate a path for a mod that doesn't actually contain that path.
[2050938.311] Status: Mods - Loading Text/de_DE/MOAR_Units_GameplayText_de_DE.xml
[2050938.312] Status: Mods - Loading Text/de_DE/MOAR_Units_Text_de_DE.xml
[2050938.312] Status: Mods - Loading Text/en_US/MOAR_Units_GameplayText.xml
I had been checking for errors in my own mods otherwise I wouldn't have seen this. I didn't play past a few turns and the errors didn't crash the game outright. There's no error messages in the Database log at all, which seemed odd. However, I noticed that a couple mods like Expanded Warfare and one of my own that make some changes to MOAR were not applying their changes. Could it be related to this from the patch notes?
Deliverator said:
Pruned unnecessary SHARED_DATA - ANIMATION and TEXTURE files that are included in the base game.

@Deliverator Had an issue come up in the Modding log after MOAR's update on Steam today. The game was loading MOAR when this error comes up:
Code:
[2050938.237] Status: Mods - Loading Platforms/Windows/BLPs/units/tanks.blp
[2050938.237] Status: Mods - Loading Platforms/Windows/BLPs/units/trebuchet.blp
[2050938.238] Status: Mods - Loading Platforms/Windows/BLPs/units/ulfhednar.blp
[2050938.238] ERROR: Attempted to evaluate a path for a mod that doesn't actually contain that path.
70+ more lines with the same error.
[2050938.311] ERROR: Attempted to evaluate a path for a mod that doesn't actually contain that path.
[2050938.311] Status: Mods - Loading Text/de_DE/MOAR_Units_GameplayText_de_DE.xml
[2050938.312] Status: Mods - Loading Text/de_DE/MOAR_Units_Text_de_DE.xml
[2050938.312] Status: Mods - Loading Text/en_US/MOAR_Units_GameplayText.xml
I had been checking for errors in my own mods otherwise I wouldn't have seen this. I didn't play past a few turns and the errors didn't crash the game outright. There's no error messages in the Database log at all, which seemed odd. However, I noticed that a couple mods like Expanded Warfare and one of my own that make some changes to MOAR were not applying their changes. Could it be related to this from the patch notes?

Looks like a temporary Steam mod distribution error to me. Those files are definitely all still present in the mod when I subscribe. Try unsubscribe/resubscribe and restarting the game.

Looks like a temporary Steam mod distribution error to me. Those files are definitely all still present in the mod when I subscribe. Try unsubscribe/resubscribe and restarting the game.
I did that a couple times already and I still got the errors. The last update from Oct. 9 worked fine it was just this Nov. 1 update, which has caused problems. Had to go back to using ver. 1.04 from Civfanatics since I forgot to back-up that last Steam update. I should also mention that I had to go back to using the Poland and Aztec versions available here as well, as the last Steam update versions caused the unit icons to not show up in-game.

I did that a couple times already and I still got the errors. The last update from Oct. 9 worked fine it was just this Nov. 1 update, which has caused problems. Had to go back to using ver. 1.04 from Civfanatics since I forgot to back-up that last Steam update. I should also mention that I had to go back to using the Poland and Aztec versions available here as well, as the last Steam update versions caused the unit icons to not show up in-game.

I'm pretty sure the icons are fixed now. Using a mix of versions Steam vs Civfanatics could cause issues due to dependencies. I should really update the CFC version because there have been about 5 Steam releases since then...

I did that a couple times already and I still got the errors.

Ah those errors definitely coming from Moar Units. Do you get them if you run Moar Units in isolation?

Do you get them if you run Moar Units in isolation?
Yep, same errors. After I re-subscribed the second time I ran only MOAR Units and the DLC's just to verify the issue.
Using a mix of versions Steam vs Civfanatics could cause issues due to dependencies.
Before the Summer update, I used to run all the MOAR mods as Civfanatics' versions, which I much preferred. I stopped playing until after the Summer update, but started again after the Fall update. Since they seemed the most updated I subscribed to all the MOAR mods from Steam instead of from here as I was afraid there might be issues. So at least within this group there shouldn't have been any dependency problems.
I should really update the CFC version because there have been about 5 Steam releases since then...
:thumbsup:

Is there way to leave specific unit in the game and turn off all the other for balance? For example if I want to play on Duel map with new DLC civilization that has only unique naval unit, I would want Egypt (let's pretend) to have only their uniq naval unit to appear in game and no Chariot Archers by Firaxis or archers by you. Thus game would look fair for me because no civ has huge advantage on land.

P. S. I think Egyptian Archers you made are imbalanced, not mainly because of strength, but because it makes their Chariot Archers irrelevant and not worth to rush.

Last edited:
Deliverator updated Moar Units Mod with a new update entry:

1.1 Update

Gameplay
* Weakened Chokonu and increased cost and maintenance.
* Reduce Yamato combat and give free promotion.

Art
* New Septireme Art.
* New Hirdman 3D art.
* New Fatherland Volunteer Graphics.
* Fixes for Peltast and (Medieval) Horseman art.
* New Bandeirante 3D Art.

Icons
* Many new unit portraits!
* FrontEndActions load order fix.
* Load order -1 for icons.
* Fix Config data for Civ Selection screen.

Tidyup
* Prune unnecessary SHARED_DATA - ANIMATION and TEXTURE files that are...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Deliverator Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same errors I mentioned above with the recent update. Am I the only one? This is with the Civfanatic's version of MOAR Units run in isolation and after deleting cache and mods.sqlite. I've attached the full Modding & Database logs if you want to look at them.

Attachments

• MOAR Modding & Database Logs.rar
    9.9 KB · Views: 200
@Deliverator Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same errors I mentioned above with the recent update. Am I the only one? This is with the Civfanatic's version of MOAR Units run in isolation and after deleting cache and mods.sqlite. I've attached the full Modding & Database logs if you want to look at them.

Do these errors actually stop you from being able to start a game with the mod? Also are you completely deleting the old version of the mods before installing the new one? And are you definitely not running both Steam versions and CFC versions?

Last edited:
Do these errors actually stop you from being able to start a game with the mod?
I can start a game and there's no errors in the d/b log so my only concern is that parts of the mod may not be loading correctly or at all.
Also are you completely deleting the old version of the mods before installing the new one?
Of course. But as I mentioned before there are no errors if I go back to the Civfanatics Ver. 1.04, even after deleting the new version 1.1.
And are you definitely not running both Steam versions and CFC versions?
Definitely not. I only subscribed to the Steam version once last week and then completely scrubbed it after the errors appeared - unsubscribed, deleted the empty folder under steam workshop content, deleted all three cache files, and deleted the mods.sqlite file. I went back to CFs Ver. 1.04, which worked fine. When you released 1.1 the other day, I deleted 1.04 from my mods folder and pasted 1.1 into it. The errors then reappeared.

More so than just wanting to have clean logs to help identify errors when doing debugging of my own mods, I just want to understand what's causing the errors and if they're going to cause any unforeseen issues or if I can just ignore them. I'd also like to know if anyone else has these same errors showing up in their logs or if it's unique to myself.

Was about to install the 1.1 when I noticed that it is far smaller in size than 1.04, has anything been cut? 121MB vs 69MB.

Was about to install the 1.1 when I noticed that it is far smaller in size than 1.04, has anything been cut? 121MB vs 69MB.

I have pruned many unnecessary files from the Platforms/SHARED_DATA to reduce the file size. Modbuddy builds out a load of files in the mod directory that aren't needed because they are included in the base game. There is no functional difference - just a smaller mod.

Laurana Kanan said:
I can start a game and there's no errors in the d/b log so my only concern is that parts of the mod may not be loading correctly or at all.

Laurana Kanan said:
Of course. But as I mentioned before there are no errors if I go back to the Civfanatics Ver. 1.04, even after deleting the new version 1.1.

Take it from me that these errors are completely unimportant. I think what is happening is this. The .blp files that are still included are referencing files in SHARED_DATA that aren't present in the mod. However, this is not an issue because those files are included in the base game and the textures and animations (the only files that have been removed) work just fine. If there was a problem with removing these files then there would be a issue with displaying the textures/animations of the Moar Units units - but I have tested them all and there isn't so removing the files is fine. It is just that there is some Modding.log error reporting code that isn't smart enough to know that the mod .blps are referencing base game textures and animation files. The reason why there are no errors in the 1.04 version is because that version included 52MB of redundant base game files!

Last edited:
Top Bottom