Moar Units Mod

MOAR Units Mod 1.2

yes, scale, number/type of figures and formations for all units can be changed in the Units.artdef file, I've made a first version of R.E.D., but we miss is a way to change all that without editing the game's original files.

How does one manually edit THIS mod to add your unit scale to the new units? =/
I simply must have both of your mods together. xD

I noticed u were able to add the axe to some other units. I offered to help someone redo the unit classes and one of my ideas was to do an axeman/swordsman type situation frim Civ IV. So im thinking would the axe look good with warrior anims? In which case do you think ethnic helmets/hats could be done to do a generic ethnic set of axemen for the existing types?

Oh yeah. The Aztecs also had warrior priests. I think you can do some kind of uu for them that involves faith. Is it possible to use the head from their crossbows on like a warrior or swordsman with maybe the eagles weapon? Just a thought. Look up Mexica warrior priest, some depictions have them with those pointy hats. Theres also a warrior class called the shorn ones that had shaved heads, often painted blue. Not sure how youd recreate this look. Ive literally played one game so far so my familiarity with what graphics are available to you are limited.

I noticed u were able to add the axe to some other units. I offered to help someone redo the unit classes and one of my ideas was to do an axeman/swordsman type situation frim Civ IV. So im thinking would the axe look good with warrior anims? In which case do you think ethnic helmets/hats could be done to do a generic ethnic set of axemen for the existing types?

I think either of the Builder or Berserker axes would work OK with Warrior anims. Another thought I had would to be use the Warrior's Mace to make a Maceman unit like in Civ 4. There are actually 4 different Warrior weapons.

Oh yeah. The Aztecs also had warrior priests. I think you can do some kind of uu for them that involves faith. Is it possible to use the head from their crossbows on like a warrior or swordsman with maybe the eagles weapon? Just a thought. Look up Mexica warrior priest, some depictions have them with those pointy hats. Theres also a warrior class called the shorn ones that had shaved heads, often painted blue. Not sure how youd recreate this look. Ive literally played one game so far so my familiarity with what graphics are available to you are limited.

I'll see if I can add a couple more Aztec UUs after I get all the other Civs to 3 UUs each which I have plans for!

Just wanted to say thank you for this mod. Awesome work, keep it up!! I always have your mod active.

One unit missing from previous Civ's is an upgrade between swordsmen and muskets such as Macemen. If you ever have a spare moment something like that would be really nice.

Wishlist
1. Cruise Missiles
2. Attack Helicopter (penalty to attacking cities, bonus against tanks/calvary)
3. Trebuchet
4. Barbed Wire - no attack, units take 20 dmg moving on to, cannot move again once deployed
5. Boiling Pitch - near defenseless unit used to defend cities, range 1
6. Paratroopers
7. Special Forces - Expensive alternative to Mechanized Infantry (limit 2 per civ)

I'm loving this. Best mod by far.

My dream units, in reverse order of doability:

Trebuchet: For everyone, between catapult and Bombard. Probably not doable with current graphical limitations.
Jaguar Warrior: For Aztecs. Either replacing Swordsmen or parallel in addition to Eagles. Give culture and heal on kill. Probably not doable with the classic Jaguar Head but maybe something close with the Eagle's weapon?
Longswordsmen/Zweihander/Dismounted Knight: For everyone, between Swordsmen and Musketmen. Extra strong vs anticavalry. Maybe doable depending on how flexible you can get mounted armors to work unmounted? Admittedly no idea. I'd love to see some swordsmen with 2-handers like in the last game though. Current Swordsmen don't really feel medieval...

Amazing amazing work, sir.

Deliverator updated [Civ VI] Moar Units Mod with a new update entry:

Winter Patch Compatibility Update

* The update makes Moar Units compatible with the Winter Update 2016.
* The mod is now a true self-contained mod and doesn't require overwriting core game files - thanks to PlotinusRedux for the guide on how to do this.
* To install unzip and copy the MOAR_Units folder into your Civ 6 mod directory - removing any existing MOAR_Units folder.

If you want to revert your Civ 6 install to the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

There is more new unit art in the Viking Scenario - Huscarls, Moorish Farfanes (light horsemen) and Frankish Caballarii.

Ok I'm having a problem: upon downloading the new update, none of my old saves will load. This hasn't been a problem with any previous updates.

Even more annoyingly, I can't seem to roll back to the old mod either. The game won't recognize it anymore. Doesn't even show up in the mod list no matter what I do.

Is there any fix for this? I've put in rather a lot of time on this savegame. Either allow the game to recognize this mod in the same fashion as the last one so as not to cause conflicts with old saves or else tell me why the game no longer recognizes the old mod at all. It let me play under the old mod last night, and I'd rather play with no art than not get to play the file at all.

Last edited:
Also, (since I've been playing scenarios while waiting/hoping for a fix to my problem) I've realized that your units kinda break the Viking scenario. It uses a different techtree, and for some reason Curiassers and Riflemen are available from the beginning of the scenario. And of course all the AI build them instantly.

Last edited:
Ok I'm having a problem: upon downloading the new update, none of my old saves will load. This hasn't been a problem with any previous updates.

Even more annoyingly, I can't seem to roll back to the old mod either. The game won't recognize it anymore. Doesn't even show up in the mod list no matter what I do.

Is there any fix for this? I've put in rather a lot of time on this savegame. Either allow the game to recognize this mod in the same fashion as the last one so as not to cause conflicts with old saves or else tell me why the game no longer recognizes the old mod at all. It let me play under the old mod last night, and I'd rather play with no art than not get to play the file at all.

OK, I think this might be caused because I've changed the Mod ID of Moar Units with the 0.42 update - the previous one wasn't a valid one but seemed to work anyway.

Within the MOAR_Units folder there are two files, MOAR_Units.modinfo and MOAR_Units.dep. Update the long mod id within both from "8342b98d-80c7-4002-87bb-419646bd9b54" to "c5cbb14e-d424-4960-89dd-3e4c9d3790Za". Then see if your savegame loads OK.

Also, (since I've been playing scenarios while waiting/hoping for a fix to my problem) I've realized that your units kinda break the Viking scenario. It uses a different techtree, and for some reason Curiassers and Riflemen are available from the beginning of the scenario. And of course all the AI build them instantly.

Moar Units has not been designed to work with the Viking Scenario so my recommendation is that you simply disable the Moar Units mod if you're playing the Viking Scenario. The combination of mods you use is specific to the game you are playing so there is no need to have both enabled at the same time.

Good news we don't have to overwrite files anymore, thanks for the quick update :)

@PlotinusRedux @Horem @Seven05 : can you confirm that reference is working in the modinfo ?

I'm trying to include a compatibility section for Moar Units in R.E.D Modpack, but here is the result:

Clipboard-1.jpg

The 2 smaller figures in the amazon scout units on the right show that at least this part of my change are loaded, but the dog and central figures (and all other Moar Units) are still using the old scale and formations, as if the R.E.D Modpack section for Moar Units was loaded first then overwritten.

Maybe I've missed something ?

here is the modinfo

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Mod id="8670da15-d435-44ea-9758-7438cb321411">
    <Properties>
        <Name>LOC_RED_MODPACK_NAME</Name>
        <Teaser>LOC_RED_MODPACK_DESC</Teaser>
        <Description>LOC_RED_MODPACK_DESC</Description>
        <Authors>Gedemon</Authors>
    </Properties>
    <LocalizedText>
        <Text id="LOC_RED_MODPACK_NAME">
            <en_US>R.E.D. Modpack</en_US>
        </Text>
        <Text id="LOC_RED_MODPACK_DESC">
            <en_US>Units rescaling and formations.</en_US>
        </Text>  
    </LocalizedText>

<References>
        <Mod id="8342b98d-80c7-4002-87bb-419646bd9b54" title="MOAR_Units" />
    </References>

<Files>
        <File>REDModpack.dep</File>
    </Files>

<Components>
        <ModArt id="REDModpack">
            <Items>
                <File>REDModpack.dep</File>
            </Items>
        </ModArt>
    </Components>

</Mod>

edit: full mod on gitHub https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ6-RED-Modpack

edit 2 : removed the reference section from my modinfo, got this result :
Clipboard-3.jpg

I'll have to do some tests but I don't like that first look at mods compatibility...

edit 3 : seems that only the order of inclusion in the Mods table (in Mods.sqlite) matters ATM, even if ModRelationships is correctly updated when the <References> section is used.

Last edited:
Top Bottom