[GS] Music Theme Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
China (Jasmine Flower) - 12 (11+1) I think this theme deserves to be at least top 5.
Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 19
Japan (Itsuki Lullaby) - 23
Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 21 (24-3) It's not bad, but one of the worst remaining.
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 30
Persia (Kereshme + Reng-e Shalakhu) - 3
Scythia (Traditional Melody) - 20
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 14.

China (Jasmine Flower) - 12
Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 19
Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 22 (21 + 1)
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 30
Persia (Kereshme + Reng-e Shalakhu) - 3 - 3 = Eliminated
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 14.

Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 16 (19-3) The weakest left
Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 22
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 31 (30+1) Just the best.
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 14.

Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 17 (16+1) I strongly disagree that this is the weakest one left. It is beautiful, epic, and calming.
Japan (Itsuki Lullaby) - 20 (23-3) Not a bad theme, just my least favorite left. I know that sounds almost hypocritical given my comments on Indonesia. Oh well.
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 31
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 14.

Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 14 (17-3) I'm glad I'm no longer the only one downvoting this any more. Getting tough to spread downvotes unfortunately.
Japan (Itsuki Lullaby) - 20
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 15 (14+1) With the exception of Mongolia choral themes don't seem to have done well this time. I find that a shame as I think all of the choral themes in civ6 are among my favourites

Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 14
Japan (Itsuki Lullaby) - 21 (20+1) Nice flute.
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 12 (15-3) Weakest one left.

Japan (Itsuki Lullaby) - 21+1=22 - Just to give Scythia a slight break. This theme is very great. Evolves nicely, and similarly to Russian or American themes, perfectly matches with Japanese history. Foggy ancient history of Japan is represented with simple tones of traditional instruments. Then comes the medieval theme, and I have to say, Japan has one of the best medieval themes in the game, with the medieval strings perfectly going with the darker tone of Japanese theme and with the Japanese instruments. It truly succesfully invokes the feel of Feudal Japan, the time of samurai and clans. And then comes industrial... And I have to admit, when I first played Japan, and opened the industrial era, it was astonishing how epic it felt, to hear traditional instruments blending with modern orchestra so well, creating a bit dark sounding, but nevertheless grand, and even a bit menacing piece of music. This actually represents the Meiji era very well. Tokugawa Shogunate and entire feudal era is gone, Japanese Empire has entered the way to modernisation, and through cooperation with the West, it transformed itself into modern industrial and militaristic great power of the world, about to show Qing China and Imperial Russia who rules the East Asia. Atomic era also suits Japan very well. Japan is one of the most developed and modern countries in the world, but still has its distinct culture, and the theme perfectly captures both of these things.
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 31-3=28 - Don't get me wrong, it's my favourite of R&F and one of the Ottoman-Mongolia-Scythia trio of my most favourite themes in this game... But I don't think it deserves such a runaway score. It is very good, and the usage of both morin khuur and throat singing is great. It beautifully invokes the feel of intimidating galloping Mongol horde. But in my opinion, it is rather lacking when it comes to comparison with Civ V theme of Mongolia, which also used Urtin Duu for its song. I'll go striking other countries in the following days though.
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 12

Looks like all my favourite themes are gone already.

Japan (Itsuki Lullaby) - 22
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 29 (28+1) I think this one is the strongest among the remaining themes.
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 9 (12-3) - Least favourite.

Japan (Itsuki Lullaby) - 23 = 22 + 1. My favorite theme. I listen to it regularly, even outside the game.
Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 19 = 22 - 3. It's solid, but my least favorite of the remaining ones.
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 29
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 9

China (Jasmine Flower) - 9 (12 - 3) The least interesting theme remaining in terms of instrumentation, and it has a few chorals in one version but not in the others. It’s a simple, pleasant melody, but hardly memorable compared to the others here.
Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 15 (14 + 1) One of the best remaining. Those gamelan notes are nicely paced and create an inspiring, optimistic effect that is epic but not overly bombastic.

Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 19
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 9

China (Jasmine Flower) - 10 (9 + 1): I actually find it easier to remember this theme than almost any of the others still here, with the exception of Mali and Mongolia.
Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 15
Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 19
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 6 (9-3): Not a fan of this; I preferred the Civ V Zulu peace theme which doesn't help it.

China (Jasmine Flower) - 10
Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 15
Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 16 (19-3) This tune has grown on me, and it certainly works well in the Medieval era. However it is less good in the other eras particularly the ancient.
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 7 (6+1) What's not to like about this tune? Beautiful vocal melodies, and unlike with the Cree and Maori, they can't be accused of shouting at you.

Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 16 (15+1) I've already said what I have had to say about this majestic piece.
Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 16
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 26 (29-3) Is this piece good? Yes, the orchestra is great. Does it deserve a landslide win? Debatable, but I say not really.
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 7

Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 17 (16+1) - Beautiful, atmospheric theme.
Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 16
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 23 (26-3) - If this theme wins, it should not be this easy. Let me level the field some more.
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 7

Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 14 (17 -3) - previously explained why I'm not a fan and I pretty much like the rest of this list...
Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 17 (16+1) Spreading my upvotes a little bit. The atomic orchestral bit of thia is amazingly grandiose, the ancient calm and soothing.
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 23
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 7

Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 18 (17+1)
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 20 (23 - 3)

Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 7

Moderator Action: Votes to be ignored, as votes without a rationale are not valid votes. -- Browd

Last edited by a moderator:
China (Jasmine Flower) - 7 (10-3) I don't understand the appeal of this one. I find it a rather dull and generic theme. Mid-tier.
Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 18 (17+1)
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 20 (23 - 3)
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 8 (7+1) Upvoting this because even though I am not a fan and find it mildly annoying, it is one of the strongest compositions deserving of top three compared to what is left now

China (Jasmine Flower) - 7
Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 11 (14-3) Worst remaining.
Mali (Mali Sadjo; Masana Seesay) - 18
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 21 (20+1) This forum is so weird. Oh this has a lot of votes? Way too popular for me I like only obscure stuff /hipster. This upvote is because the song is good.
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 8

Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 11
Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 22 (21+1) Clearly the best one left...
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 5 (8-3) To hell with it already

Indonesia (Rejang Dewa; Bapang Selisir) - 12 (11+1) Best remaining.
Japan (Itsuki Lullaby) - 20 (23-3) Gets old kinda fast.

Mongolia (Pastoral Song; Urtin Duu) - 22
Zulu (Uthe Ubhuti) - 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom