1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Never Before Seen Civs - Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Xandinho, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SagarRathore

SagarRathore Chieftain

Ashanti - 24
    Burma - 17
    Hebrews - 15
    Italy - 1
    Madagascar - 8 (11-3) not very important in terms of history,influence or power.
    Navajo - 23
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 21
    Tlingit - 7
    Vietnam - 18 (17+1) there should at least 2 civs from Indo-China.I am fine with either Thailand or Vietnam.A defensive civ who had defended against both USA and China deserve a chance.

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  2. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

Before I cast my vote, I will just take a moment to comment on one of the posts

Oooh an intriguing choice. It's really hard to find abilities for Swahili/Kilwa that aren't maritime/trade based, but that opens up a possible cultural angle. Good suggestion.

Anyway,

Ashanti - 24
    Burma - 18 (17 + 1) Anawratha and Bayingnaung are both Inspired leader choices, bursting with potential and personality, ideal for a third Civ 6 expansion pack.
    Hebrews - 15
    Italy - 0 (1-3 ELIMINATED) - Italy isn't going to win the elimination war, but I do want them in as a separate entity at some point. (maybe with Matilda di Canossa or Garibaldi as the leader), but right now I have other preferences.
    Madagascar - 8
    Navajo - 23
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 21
    Tlingit - 7
    Vietnam - 18

TahamiTsunami and Itsjustanick like this.
  3. Leucarum

Leucarum Chieftain

@Lord Lakely - I hadn't thought of Mathilda as an Italian leader but she would be a really good and interesting candidate for an almost United italian civ. I'm still not sold on Italy over the city states but good call!

Ashanti - 24
    Burma - 18
    Hebrews - 12 (15 -3) i like all of the civs on this list so downvotes are getting tough. I've gone for this because I don't see how firaxis could implement a Hebrew civ without justifiably offending someone. Every civ is a stereotype, and in this instance caricatures can and have done immense harm. Historically I have no doubt that this is a worthy inclusion but I also feel it is best left to modders.
    Madagascar - 8
    Navajo - 23
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 21
    Tlingit - 8 (7+1) @TahamiTsunami has really done their research and it shows from their arguments. The PNW tribes are a very distinct cultural group which have yet to feature in a civ game. Also whichever of their various symbols were picked they would probably hands down have the coolest logo in the game.
    Vietnam - 18

4. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

Ashanti - 24
    Burma - 18
    Hebrews - 12+1=13 The Hebrews were in Civilization: Call to Power and nobody batted an eyelash. Their long absence in the main franchise has almost become offensive in and of itself.
    Madagascar - 8-3=5 Italy contributed a massive portion of the game’s great people. Nothing against Madagascar, but I just don’t think it trumps Italy.
    Navajo - 23
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 21
    Tlingit - 8
    Vietnam - 18

5. TeddyMain

TeddyMain Chieftain

Ashanti - 24
    Burma - 19 (18+1) Gotta keep the Burma train going. Both the Pagan and Taungoo empires have had a lasting impact on SEA culture and history, and deserve to be included in the next expansion.
    Hebrews - 13
    Madagascar - 2 (5-3) How the mighty have fallen. Sorry Madagascar, but the other options just seem more interesting.
    Navajo - 23
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 21
    Tlingit - 8
    Vietnam - 18

6. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Chieftain

Ashanti - 21 (24 - 3) - No interest here, sorry. I am unaware of any larger regional influence the Asante had and so they feel more properly to be a city-state. Generally speaking I think the Bight just doesn't have any strong candidates for civs under VI's design philosophy. Maybe in VII.
    Burma - 20 (19 + 1) - I'm actually surprised both Burma and Tibet are doing so well, and better than Vietnam. It seems like we would only get one or the other, and that people want Tibet but would settle for Burma.
    Hebrews - 13
    Madagascar - 2
    Navajo - 23
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 21
    Tlingit - 8
    Vietnam - 18

7. Naktis

Naktis Chieftain

Ashanti - 21
    Burma - 20
    Hebrews - 13
    Madagascar - 3 (2+1) A better option for africa, sadly someone gonna eliminate them.
    Navajo - 23
    Swahili - 17 (20-3) Better options, at least for me.
    Tibet - 21
    Tlingit - 8
    Vietnam - 18

Strange how Italy used to be quite popular option for many people in these forums and gets eliminated so early here, was expecting atleast top 3 for them.

8. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Chieftain

Ashanti - 21
    Burma - 20
    Hebrews - 14 (13+1) Obviously a modern Israel is not an option (they would be pretty controversial). But I'm not sure who is meant to be offended by the ancient Hebrews? They are mentioned in the religious texts of all 3 Abrahamic religions.
    Anyone offended by them would have to be a total Philistine!:rotfl:
    Aside from this they have by far the most important legacy of all the remaining civilizations (particularly now Italy has sadly departed us). #giveimportanthistoricallegaciesachance

Madagascar - 0 (3-3 ELIMINATED) Madagascar ahead of Italy... :shake:
    Navajo - 23
    Swahili - 17
    Tibet - 21
    Tlingit - 8
    Vietnam - 18

9. Xandinho

Xandinho Warlord

It is because in these games the negative opinions have triple of force of positive opinions. Colombia is also quite popular and fell fast.

Ashanti - 22 (21+1) Africa needs more love, we are talking about a huge continent with many options of interesting civilizations.
    Burma - 20
    Hebrews - 14
    Navajo - 23
    Swahili - 17
    Tibet - 21
    Tlingit - 5 (8-3) The American continent also needs more love, but I prefer Iroquois, Navajo or Sioux as another native civilization of North America, it's just a personal preference.
    Vietnam - 18

10. Itsjustanick

Itsjustanick Chieftain

Ashanti - 22
    Burma - 20
    Hebrews - 15 (14+1) Their region WILL be a cluster, they WILL be controversial, but they certainly deserve more love.
    Navajo - 23
    Swahili - 17
    Tibet - 21
    Tlingit - 2 (5-3) Didn't know about them before. Couldn't find anything interesting aboit them. If you link me article that tells something more interesting than "first Europeans to ecounter them were Russians" I might upvote them in the fiture. For now they seem kind of boring and not unique at all.
    Vietnam - 18

11. fredrikslicer

fredrikslicer Chieftain

Ashanti - 22
    Burma - 20
    Hebrews - 15
    Navajo - 23
    Swahili - 17
    Tibet - 22 (21 + 1) Tibetan empire or Khoshut would be very interesting.
    Tlingit - -1 (2-3) Eliminated, dont find much of interest about them.
    Vietnam - 18

12. 679x

679x Chieftain

Ashanti - 23 (22+1) We need more African civs. And we could do with one from West Africa (well, one in addition to Mali, which is a civ I wouldn't consider to be a proper representation of the West African region as a whole, even though it technically is part of it). Ashanti could be our civ to represent the polities that resided in what is now Ghana, Togo, Benin, and Nigeria. Is it the best choice for this area? That could be debated. But I sure hope to see at least something from this region, and I certainly wouldn't mind if it were to be the Ashanti Empire.
    Burma - 20
    Hebrews - 12 (15-3) I'm kind of indifferent about this civ, but that may be because I know absolutely zilch about this nation in history! And maybe I'm wrong to downvote it without actually really knowing anything about it but A: it's getting hard to pick something to downvote because I already do like the remaining civs on here (still not 100% sure about Burma yet), and B: for the purposes of this elimination thread I'd rather pick something from an underrepresented region.
    Navajo - 23
    Swahili - 17
    Tibet - 22
    Vietnam - 18

13. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

We should encourage more people to join in these games so it's not the same dozen or so people (or fewer) every time.

Ashanti - 23
    Burma - 20
    Hebrews - 12 + 1 = 13 (679x, I already mentioned Hezekiah's revolt against Assyria and the Hebrew religion forming the basis for three Abrahamic faiths, so maybe start your reading there? Hebrews can be represented by the Kingdom of Judah, which had many different cities and covered a fairly broad swathe of land well outside Jerusalem (contrary to people who see Hebrews/Israel as nothing but a Jerusalem city-state). Civ VI having religious victory frankly mandated the inclusion of Hebrews. I don't see how ancient Hebrews could be offensive, as long as a Muslim prophet (David, Solomon, etc) is not chosen as their leader. Hezekiah also had plenty of non-biblical archaeological evidence surrounding his reign, and his responsibility for the Siloam Tunnel, Broad Wall and reformation of the faith are significant achievements, even if he ultimately paid tribute to Assyria after his revolt failed (that said, Jerusalem never fell to Assyria after their army retreated from there). Modern Israel would be controversial, but ancient Hebrews are no more like modern Israel than Silla dynasty Korea is like modern Korea. There's no reason to be indifferent about a faith-based civ when they are relatively uncommon in Civ VI (Arabia, Spain, Georgia, Poland, Khmer, and others with minor faith-based UIs which barely count like Norway, Egypt, etc).
    Navajo - 23
    Swahili - 17 - 3 =14 Now here's a civ that was definitely just a range of city-states and not a unified kingdom. I think more unified African civs like the Ashanti or Benin deserve more representation, and we already have Muslim Africa representation in Mali/Songhai/Morocco throughout Civ, and trading civs tend to those same ones too.
    Tibet - 22
    Vietnam - 18

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  14. Cave Johnson

Cave Johnson Chieftain

Ashanti - 23
    Burma - 20
    Hebrews - 13
    Navajo - 24 (23+1) This and Ashanti are my favorites atm, but I give another one to this, because I think North America needs a little bit more representation than Africa.
    Swahili - 11 (14-3) I have to agree with Morningcalm here, they were not really an empire, and while I do not consider them uninteresting, there are better choices for Africa. Ashanti, for example, is much more appropriate.
    Tibet - 22
    Vietnam - 18

15. Amrunril

Amrunril Warlord

Ashanti - 23
    Burma - 17 (20 - 3) I haven't seen a convincing argument for this being in the top 5, especially not with another southeast Asian civ.
    Hebrews - 13
    Navajo - 24
    Swahili - 12 (11 + 1) Fills one of the larger geographic and cultural gaps in the current roster , and has a solid potential niche as a trade focused civ.
    Tibet - 22
    Vietnam - 18

16. SagarRathore

SagarRathore Chieftain

Ashanti - 23
    Burma - 17
    Hebrews - 13
    Navajo - 24
    Swahili - 9 (12-3) 7th position is good for them.I think Ashanti is better option from Africa.
    Tibet - 23(22+1) For me it should be in Top3
    Vietnam - 18

17. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Ashanti - 23
    Burma - 17
    Hebrews - 13-3=10. Not a major power even in the region.
    Navajo - 24+1=25. Excellent choice for N. America.

Swahili - 9
    Tibet - 23
    Vietnam - 18

18. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Italy will always be number one in my heart so that is where I'll upvote them.

Ashanti - 23
    Burma - 17-3=14 Would prefer Vietnam or Siam to return again for another one from SEA.
    Hebrews -10
    Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 9
    Tibet - 23
    Vietnam - 18+1=19 Different than the rest of SEA by having more of a Chinese influence on their history. Very militaristic and powerful navy throughout centuries.

19. Leucarum

Leucarum Chieftain

Survival of the blandest? Being innocuous probably helps in this game until the last stages. Modern civs are probably also at a disadvantage since a lot of people find them a incongruous.

Ashanti - 23
    Burma - 11 = 14 - 3 Spreading my downvotes a bit as I don't strongly think there is an obvious 'next civ' to eliminate and I'm not as excited by Burma as some others.
    Hebrews -10
    Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 10 = 9 + 1 - The Swahili are pretty distinctive relative to some of the other civs on this list. I don't think it should be their time quite yet.
    Tibet - 23
    Vietnam - 19

20. TeddyMain

TeddyMain Chieftain

Ashanti - 23
    Burma - 12 (11+1) Just have to give my most wanted civ of the bunch a few more breaths before its eventual elimination.
    Hebrews - 7 (10-3) Competition is getting tough about now, and personally the Hebrews just don't peak my interest compared to the other choices.

Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 10
    Tibet - 23
    Vietnam - 19

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.