1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Never Before Seen Civs - Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Xandinho, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuchiTaton

BuchiTaton Chieftain

Ashanti - 23
    Burma - 9 (12-3) I like Burmese history and their interaction with Siamese and Khmers, but I think Vietnam have more to add.
    Hebrews - 7
    Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 10
    Tibet - 23
    Vietnam -20 (19+1) Like said, Viets could add historical and gameplay elements that distinguish them in a higher degree that Burma in relation of Khmer, Indonesian or the previous Siamese civs.

2. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

Ashanti - 23+1 = 24 = A really cool choice from Africa, never been seen before.
    Burma - 9
    Hebrews - 7-3 = 4 Look, I'd love for them to make it in, but the reality is pretty grim. And "Hebrews" would be the best way to do it. But out of these, I prefer the others.
    Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 10
    Tibet - 23
    Vietnam -20

3. Itsjustanick

Itsjustanick Chieftain

Ashanti - 24
    Burma - 12
    Hebrews - 5 (4+1) Oh hell no! We've just recived religiuos victory and such religious powerhouse will be ignored? And again- opportunity for an protective civ, which civ 6 lacks in.

Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 7 (10-3) Maybe it's just me, but Maasai (or Ethiopia's comeback) seem to be better choice for east coast of Africa.
    Tibet - 23
    Vietnam - 20

4. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Chieftain

Ashanti - 21 (24 - 3) - I'm still not sure why this is such a popular idea. I haven't seen any interesting mechanics proposed, and again the Asante don't seem to do a particularly good job of representing Guinea as a whole. I think their opportunity to be added to VI was Rise and Fall (where we got the Zulu instead) and I don't think whatever theme expack 3 has will cater to "tiny empires." Would much prefer something with a bit of breadth like Morocco, Ethiopia, or the Swahili.
    Burma - 9
    Hebrews - 5
    Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 8 (7 + 1) - The argument that they were just a collection of city-states doesn't carry much water in VI. The Maori tribes were never unified. Nor really the Phoenicians or Scythians. Not only has the roster branched out to include cohesive tribal cultures in regions other than the US (Cree, Mapuche), but it has extended that mentality for civ design to other continents. The only continent besides Europe which doesn't have a sprawling ethnic group is Africa, and the Swahili are one of the best options for this kind of culture-oriented civ design, given that they were trading along the West African coast long before Omani expansion. VI has already made clear that it wants to feature more aspects of civilization than rote imperialism: I don't know why people are still beating the "it's not an empire" dead horse.
    Tibet - 23
    Vietnam -20

5. fredrikslicer

fredrikslicer Chieftain

Ashanti - 21
    Burma - 9
    Hebrews - 5
    Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 5 (8-3) Not a region that really sticks out to me as anything particularly interesting
    Tibet - 24 (23+1) It has some rather interesting timeperiods like their Imperial age or the Dual government between mongols and Dalai Lama
    Vietnam -20

6. Krajzen

Krajzen Warlord

Ashanti - 21
    Burma - 9+1=10
    Hebrews - 5
    Navajo - 25-3=22
    Swahili - 5
    Tibet - 24
    Vietnam -20

Navajo: they don't have anything interesting for me besides being related to actually interesting Pueblo people (their little desert civilization). I don't care about representation of every part of native US.

Burma: for me the most underrated South East Asian culture. Really interesting, rich and diverse history and heritage.

7. Xandinho

Xandinho Warlord

Ashanti - 22 (21+1) I appreciate African culture as a whole, and I find this continent quite underrepresented. Ashanti is a good name for more African representation, as well as Benin and Dahomey. In addition, Yaa Asantewaa would be a good female leader.
    Burma - 7 (10-3) I feel like I have to make really difficult choices now, I want all the civs on the list in the game. Something between Vietnam and Burma should be added in a third expansion, I have a slightly higher preference with Vietnam, it would be a really unique design as a cultural/defensive civ. Obviously, if they decide to include Burma, it would be an incredible inclusion as well.
    Hebrews - 5
    Navajo - 22
    Swahili - 5
    Tibet - 24
    Vietnam - 20

8. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Chieftain

Ashanti - 22
    Burma - 4 (7-3) I have nothing against them, but haven't really heard any arguments for why they should be included and what could make them interesting.
    Hebrews - 6 (5+1) I can't really add much more than what has already been stated for them. They are a prime candidate for a defensive civ with a focus on religious victories due to their significant religious legacy. I would love to play as them, but that is just a personal preference.
    Navajo - 22
    Swahili - 5
    Tibet - 24
    Vietnam - 20

9. SagarRathore

SagarRathore Chieftain

Ashanti - 22
    Burma - 5 (4+1) just being good neighbour.I think Pagan empire would be a good addition or a modern civ based on Theravada Buddhism is also required.
    Hebrews - 6
    Navajo - 22
    Swahili - 2 (5-3) For me there r better African options including Ashanti.
    Tibet - 24
    Vietnam - 20

10. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Ashanti - 22
    Burma - 5
    Hebrews - 7 (6 + 1) Aside from getting a Judaism-preferring civ in the game for the first time ever (the other option would be Khazaria for that, the religious legacy of the Hebrews is long, they have a fascinating diplomatic role they can provide in gameplay as well if they go with Hezekiah’s revolt, and we don’t generally have too many Near East civs. Furthermore, religious victory in Civ VI calls out for the Hebrews. I don’t imagine they’ll make it to top three in this one, but they should at least last slightly longer.
    Navajo - 22
    Swahili - Eliminated (2 - 3) (Not a unified empire, and was a collection of city-states, unlike the unified kingdom of Judah comprising some 50 cities in the time of Hezekiah. We can do better for African representation, and we already have Muslim African states in Civ like Morocco and Mali/Songhai.)
    Tibet - 24
    Vietnam - 20

11. Naktis

Naktis Chieftain

Ashanti - 19 (22-3) there are other better options for africa like alt egypt leader, madagascar,ethipia ,morrocco and prob few more plus next expanssion is the last one for sure , so room is getting smaller.
    Burma - 5
    Hebrews - 8 (7+1) Like others mentioned we need judaism representing civ, and I also think that A LOT of poeple would play this civ. But to add them there would be a lot of hate too from specific party.
    Navajo - 22

Tibet - 24
    Vietnam - 20

12. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Ashanti - 19
    Burma - 5-3=2 As stated before I prefer Vietnam that would bring something different and we don't need many more from East Asia/Southeast Asia as much as Africa and the Americas.
    Hebrews - 8
    Navajo - 22+1=23 Other than the Iroquois this would be the ideal tribe for the U.S. Desert farming, code talker UU etc. would be nice things added to the game.
    Tibet - 24
    Vietnam - 20

13. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Ashanti - 19
    Burma - 2-3=0. Eliminated. I think Vietnam would be a better addition than Burma.
    Hebrews - 8
    Navajo - 23 +1=24. Given their long history of resistance to the Spanish, Mexicans and US, their preservation of much of their culture, and the success of the Navajo Nation I think they would be the ideal addition to North American civs.
    Tibet - 24
    Vietnam - 20

14. fredrikslicer

fredrikslicer Chieftain

Ashanti - 19 - 3 = 16 Had it been Oyo we I would have considered them in the top 3
    Hebrews - 8
    Navajo - 23
    Tibet - 24 +1 = 25 See previously an interesting story from a region most people just associate with the independance movement
    Vietnam - 20

15. Leucarum

Leucarum Chieftain

Ashanti - 17 = 16 + 1 - From what I've read here there's potential for a diplomatic/cultural angle which is a play style I enjoy. As opposed to...
    Hebrews - 5 = 8 - 3 - People seem to be suggesting a religious/defensive civ here. Honestly, Tamar already has this covered, and even then she isn't particularly popular. What other mechanics are people thinking here?

Navajo - 23
    Tibet - 25
    Vietnam - 20

16. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Looks like the +1 I gave to Navajo has been missed.

Correct scores should be:
    Ashanti - 17
    Hebrews - 5
    Navajo - 24
    Tibet - 25
    Vietnam - 20

17. Cave Johnson

Cave Johnson Chieftain

Ashanti - 17
    Hebrews - 2 (5-3) Let's see, who deals the coup de grâce. Admittedly I do not think they are unworthy in and of itself, but the other options are definitely more interesting to me.
    Navajo - 25 (24+1) One of the Native American groups most deserving of a slot. Rich history and not exactly small.
    Tibet - 25
    Vietnam - 20

18. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

Ashanti - 17
    Hebrews - 5+1=6 People have been asking for them since Civ3. Wouldn’t be difficult to do properly. They’re a glaring omission at this point.
    Navajo - 24-3=21 Downvoting is a real challenge at this point. They’re worthy, but are they really our #2?
    Tibet - 25
    Vietnam - 20

Edit: Looks like we crossposted.

Hebrews should be at 3 and Navajo at 22.

19. Xandinho

Xandinho Warlord

Correcting the score:

Ashanti - 17
    Hebrews - 3
    Navajo - 22
    Tibet - 25
    Vietnam - 20

20. TeddyMain

TeddyMain Chieftain

Ashanti - 17
    Hebrews - 0 (3-3) Eliminated. Voting is down to the wire now. The thought of a Jewish state in this game was really appealing, but not as much as the other options on this list.
    Navajo - 23 (22+1) Their history of resistance to expanding empires and their rich culture, as well as filling in a large void in the map, make this civ a great candidate for the top 3, if not the #1 civ of the remaining 5.

Tibet - 25
    Vietnam - 20

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.