1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Never Before Seen Civs - Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Xandinho, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

Armenia - 18
    Ashanti - 20
    Berbers - 8
    Bulgaria - 14
    Burma - 21
    Colombia - 9
    Gaul - 17 (16+1) The most obvious choice for a Celtic civilization and if not in the next Xpac, I hope we get to see them in Civilization 7.
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 22
    Italy - 20
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 24
    Pueblo - 0 (3-3) This will never happen. Let's drop it.
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 26
    Tlingit - 15
    Vietnam- 20

2. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Chieftain

Armenia - 18
    Ashanti - 20
    Berbers - 8
    Bulgaria - 14
    Burma - 21
    Colombia - 10 (9 + 1). Okay here's the thing. I actually am dubious of this civ working. We already have a 19th century SA leader in Pedro. I also think the concept is a bit schizoid as far as VI's "personality" design goes, given that Simon Bolivar would encourage a militaristic bent, while mechanically Colombia really wants to be a luxury resource and gold machine. Bolivar and "Colombia" simply don't meld well into a cohesive whole. However, between the Muisca and the Arawak, and Colombia's rich resources, and Bolivar, there still feels like so much potential that I can't dismiss it as impossible.
    Gaul - 14 (17 - 3) - I just see a lot of unearned exceptionalism around this idea. It doesn't pull triple duty like Scythia as far as cultural, historical, geographical representation go, and only clutters an already dense Europe. There's no modern cultural heritage to rally around like so many other European civs. UU on both mods is basically a highlander, so nothing new there. And Colombia has a much stronger identity for a mining and metalsmithing civ. Also, Vercingetorix looks really doofy, whereas Theoderic is magnificent.
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 22
    Italy - 20
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 24
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 26
    Tlingit - 15
    Vietnam- 20

3. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Chieftain

Armenia - 18
    Ashanti - 20
    Berbers - 8
    Bulgaria - 15 (14+1) Were a major regional rival to the Byzantines during the Early Medieval period for 300 years roughly, until eventually defeated by Emperor Basil II "the Bulgar Slayer." Also briefly became so powerful during the latter years of the Ottoman Empire that during the second Balkan War five countries teamed up against them.
    Burma - 21
    Colombia - 10
    Gaul - 14
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 22
    Italy - 20
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 24
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 26
    Tlingit - 12 (15-3) I know several people have made strong defenses of them. However for me they remain just another one of many Native American tribes that could be chosen. Personally I don't care that much about using civs to fill out parts of the map unless their is a strong historical case for why they have an important legacy.
    Vietnam- 20

PhoenicianGold likes this.
  4. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Chieftain

My schedule is shifting a bit right now so if no one minds I'll be voting a bit earlier today since I won't be able to later in the day.

I was hoping to give the Pueblo more time so it's sad to see them go. Several groups make up the Publoans and, while the Tewa said no before for Civ 5, the Hopi and Acoma could've said yes and they'd certainly be a worthy choice if they did.

Armenia - 18
    Ashanti - 20
    Berbers - 8
    Bulgaria - 15
    Burma - 21
    Colombia - 10
    Gaul - 14
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 22
    Italy - 20
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 24
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 23 (26 - 3) Their history and accomplishments are undoubtedly impressive so I'd love to see Tibet make it in at some point. However, if the Pueblo are going to be cut because 'it won't happen' then it's a bit harder to justify why Tibet should stick around much longer let alone claim the #1 spot if its arguably even less likely to happen. I'll be all ears if someone wants to explain why.
    Tlingit - 13 (12 + 1) We all have our likes, our dislikes, and our opinions so I'm not expecting to sway anyone who's dead set on seeing them leave. However, I do think I've made some strong defenses of their leaders, overall strengths, uniqueness, and the accomplishments they made despite the tough hand history gave them. If you're looking for only the worthiest choices for native NA civs like the Iroquois then the Tlingit won't disappoint. Even if you don't think they're as good as some of the European or Asian empires on this list I'd like to think that at least most people can understand and see why the Tlingit should be included as one of a handful of worthy native NA civs.
    Vietnam- 20

679x likes this.
  5. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe Chieftain

Armenia - 18
    Ashanti - 23 (20+3) This game don't have ANY slavery kingdom, that isn't just a civ who never be in the game, is a time period totally ignored.
    Berbers - 8
    Bulgaria - 15
    Burma - 21
    Colombia - 10
    Gaul - 14
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 22
    Italy - 17 (20-3) This game already got Rome to be kind of Italy, I know it is not the same, but also is not different either.
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 24
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 23
    Tlingit - 13
    Vietnam- 20

6. TeddyMain

TeddyMain Chieftain

Armenia - 18
    Ashanti - 23
    Berbers - 8
    Bulgaria - 15
    Burma - 21
    Colombia - 11 (10+1) I'm baffled that such an historically influential nation is so low. Bolivar's legacy as the head of the continent's decolonization and the nation's abundance in resources need to be represented in some sense, whether that be Colombia, Gran Colombia, Venezuela, etc. Either way, I feel like they would be more welcome by the community then the Muisca or the Arawak, who have far less of notoriety in the public's eyes than Colombia.
    Gaul - 14
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 22
    Italy - 17
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 24
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 20 (23-3) Tibet does have an incredible culture and stood as an impressive rival to the Chinese in the past, but with the region's status and the Chinese government, it would never happen. If the developer's decision to include the Pueblo created quite the controversy with the tribal leaders, imagine the complete ****storm that would be Tibetan inclusion. I feel like this also applies to the Hebrews and reception in Arab states (I definitely don't want to dive into that mess), but a civ based around Tibet would almost certainly result in the game being barred from the largest gaming market on the planet and thus lost revenue. It would be an awful business venture.
    Tlingit - 13
    Vietnam- 20

7. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

Armenia - 18
    Ashanti - 23
    Berbers - 8
    Bulgaria - 15
    Burma - 21
    Colombia - 11
    Gaul - 14+1 = 15. I get that there is not a lot of "room" left on Europe, but I've always wanted an actual Gaul civ to appear to replace the awful Celtic blob. I love that we got Scotland, but Gaul is really where I want them to go with it.
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 22
    Italy - 17-3 = 14. Okay...would I mind Italy? No. But at the same time...it's another one of the choices here I want less than others.
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 24
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 20
    Tlingit - 13
    Vietnam- 20

8. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Armenia - 18+1=19. So much history to draw on.
    Ashanti - 23
    Berbers - 8
    Bulgaria - 15
    Burma - 21
    Colombia - 11-3=8. I just don't like former colonies in Civ. It is going to be very hard to choose anyone to vote down when Colombia are out.
    Gaul - 15
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 22
    Italy - 14
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 24
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 20
    Tlingit - 13
    Vietnam- 20

9. Xandinho

Xandinho Warlord

Armenia - 19
    Ashanti - 21 Adjusted. @Henri Christophe, your uptvote must add +1 point instead of +3 points.
    Berbers - 8
    Bulgaria - 12 (15-3) It would be a good choice, but there are many European civs that I would add before: Portugal, Byzantines, Italy, Goths, Austria, Gauls, Romania... Bulgaria is low on my list of priorities, even among Europeans.
    Burma - 21
    Colombia - 9 (8+1) Although I prefer Argentina, I still think the gap of former Spanish colony should be filled. Colombia has its merits, not just because it has an iconic leader.
    Gaul - 15
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 22
    Italy - 14
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 24
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 20
    Tlingit - 13
    Vietnam- 20

10. 679x

679x Chieftain

Armenia - 19
    Ashanti - 22 (21+1) - Indeed, it is a time period + location combo that has yet to appear in Civ (outside of city-states), despite a wealth of activity going on in the region in those years. Mali is the only West African civ we have, but AFAIK doesn't seem to have enough in common with the other polities of 'West Africa' for it to represent all of it. I put quotations on that because Mali is technically in western Africa, but as I said, I don't think it truly encompasses West Africa to the point where it should be the only civ. So, if we're going to include another civ from this region in the game, we could pick from Ghana, Dahomey, Benin, Ashanti, etc. but Ashanti is the only one on this list (and and still possibly the best option, anyway, but that could be for another thread) so they receive my upvote.
    Berbers - 8
    Bulgaria - 12
    Burma - 18 (21-3) We already have Khmer in the game, which I believe would rule out civs like Siam. I wouldn't say we shouldn't have any more SEA civs, so if we're going to have another, it would probably be out of choices like Burma or Vietnam rather than, say, Siam. Out of such a choice, I'd much prefer to have Vietnam.
    Colombia - 9
    Gaul - 15
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 22
    Italy - 14
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 24
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 20
    Tlingit - 13
    Vietnam- 20

11. Naktis

Naktis Chieftain

Armenia - 19
    Ashanti - 22
    Berbers - 8
    Bulgaria - 12
    Burma - 18
    Colombia - 9
    Gaul - 12 (15-3) Overcrowded region , and we already have alt leader for France.
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 23 (22+1) What a controversial choice, I dont think firaxis has the guts to add them or do they ?!
    Italy - 14
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 24
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 20
    Tlingit - 13
    Vietnam- 20

12. Cave Johnson

Cave Johnson Chieftain

This looks cool, guess I'll join in. :)

Armenia - 19
    Ashanti - 22
    Berbers - 5 (8-3) Like others already said, I would prefer Morocco to come back.
    Bulgaria - 12
    Burma - 18
    Colombia - 9
    Gaul - 12
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 23
    Italy - 14
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 25 (24+1) I think North America is quite underrepresented, and I consider them a rather "important" group of Native Americans.
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 20
    Tlingit - 13
    Vietnam- 20

13. Amrunril

Amrunril Warlord

Armenia - 16 (19 - 3) This seems to overlap fairly heavily with Georgia. Perhaps for Civ VII?
    Ashanti - 22
    Berbers - 5
    Bulgaria - 12
    Burma - 18
    Colombia - 9
    Gaul - 12
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 23
    Italy - 14
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 20 Remember, the idea of this thread is to vote for civs you would like to see, not the ones you think are likely to appear. The Chinese government's censorship may unfortunately weigh on Firaxis' ultimate choice, but there's no reason we need to be constrained by it in our discussion of what we think would make an interesting civ. This is a different situation from the Pueblo, where the issue was respect for the wishes of the people themselves.
    Tlingit - 14 (13 + 1) In my view, the point of having many playable civs is to provide variety in as many ways as possible. The mechanical side of which civs will do this best is hard to predict, but on the cultural side, it's hard to overstate just how much potential there is in the Americas and Sub-Saharan Africa.

Vietnam- 20

14. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

Armenia - 16
    Ashanti - 22
    Berbers - 5-3=2 Nothing against them. I think Morocco might be the better option for representing them.
    Bulgaria - 12
    Burma - 18
    Colombia - 9
    Gaul - 12+1=13 Best option for an early European civ. Romans need a proper contemporary to battle.
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 23
    Italy - 14
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 20
    Tlingit - 14
    Vietnam - 20

15. Itsjustanick

Itsjustanick Chieftain

Armenia - 16
    Ashanti - 22
    Berbers - 2
    Bulgaria - 12+1= As a Polish I think, that we defini'tly need more slavs in game and even through Poland is my homeland I think that Bulgarians should appear earlier than us. I know, that there's already a huge cluster on Balkan peninsula, but they can always appear in civ 7 right?
    Burma - 18
    Colombia - 9
    Gaul - 13
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 23
    Italy - 14-3=11 Don't get me wrong. I would love to see some italian city states as a civ, but Italy on it's own doesn't make much sence. I definitly prefer Piemont or Tuscany.
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 20
    Tlingit - 14
    Vietnam - 20

16. SagarRathore

SagarRathore Chieftain

Armenia - 16
    Ashanti - 22
    Berbers - 2
    Bulgaria - 13-3=10 not on my priority list.May be other civs from Europe have better claim
    Burma - 18
    Colombia - 9
    Gaul - 13
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 23
    Italy - 11
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 20+1 =21 well Amrunril made a decent point.Moreover Tibet can be represented by Zhang Zhung or Songtsen gampo. I don't think china can object to representation of Tibet by these two powers as they claim Tibet only on the basis of Qing Empire.A mountainous civ based in Himalayas would enrich game many fold.Just change the name or pick another power from different era before formation of PRC.Even choosing Bhutan to represent Tibetan culture would be fine.
    Tlingit - 14
    Vietnam - 20

17. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

Armenia - 16
    Ashanti - 22
    Berbers - 2
    Bulgaria - 11 (10+1) Let's see, THE dominant military power in Eastern Europe during the 9th-11th century, possess a rich cultural tradition which dates back to the ancient Thracians, invented a liturgical alphabet used it to spread Christianity all over Eastern Europe (hereby popularizing both the cyrillic script AND polyphonic singing across all slavic nations), becoming THE dominant orthodox power until the Macedonian Renaissance. Bulgaria's claim to get into Civ is at least as strong as those for Sweden, Ukraine, Ireland and Hungary, and stronger than those for Italy, Goths, Norway, Lithuania, Yugoslavia and Romania.
    Burma - 18
    Colombia - 9
    Gaul - 13
    Goths - 21
    Hebrews - 23
    Italy - 11
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 18 (21-3) I'm just not hyped, at all. Sure, the fact that they won't be included, ever, also contributes to my apathy, but there are other options in central asia I find much more exciting (Burma, Vietnam, Uzbeks, Malaysia, Manchuria, Ainu). Good minor civ potential though and I wouldn't be sad if Lhasa became a city state again.
    Tlingit - 14
    Vietnam - 20

18. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Armenia - 16
    Ashanti - 22
    Berbers - 2
    Bulgaria - 11
    Burma - 18
    Colombia - 9
    Gaul - 13
    Goths - 21-3=18 Europe is getting crowded and I'd prefer Gaul if we were choosing a pre-Medieval European Civ.
    Hebrews - 23
    Italy - 11+1=12 I would much rather have Italy than one single city-state. That way you can alternate leaders with a good number of leaders from the various city-states to choose from.
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 18
    Tlingit - 14
    Vietnam - 20

19. Leucarum

Leucarum Chieftain

Hey, interesting choice of thread :) time to jump in

Armenia - 16
    Ashanti - 22
    Berbers - 2
    Bulgaria - 11
    Burma - 18
    Colombia - 9 -3 = 6 It's difficult to defend a civ that ended so quickly no matter how influential one person was... (Assuming we're still talking about Gran Colombia)
    Gaul - 13
    Goths -18
    Hebrews - 23
    Italy - 12
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 18
    Tlingit - 14 + 1 = 15 Out of the first nations that could appear, a group on the pacific northwest stands out to me. It's a region with a lot of distinct cultures that haven't been represented before and which is currently empty on the map.
    Vietnam - 20

20. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Chieftain

Armenia - 16
    Ashanti - 22
    Berbers - 2
    Bulgaria - 11
    Burma - 18
    Colombia - 6
    Gaul - 13
    Goths -18
    Hebrews - 24 (23+1) Plenty of interesting leader options, such as King David, King Solomon, or David Ben-Gurion. Should Hebrews be added, of course. Will they be added? Well if they had an emphasis on the ancient Hebrews it would have a better chance. Just like as was mentioned with Tibet, you can recognize past civilizations without needing to recognize them as currently independent. Scotland being in the game does not necessarily mean support for an independent Scotland and the break up of the United Kingdom!
    Italy - 12
    Madagascar - 18
    Navajo - 25
    Swahili - 20
    Tibet - 18
    Tlingit - 12 (15-3) Just because there is a gap in the map does not mean it has to be filled! For me at the end of the day the Tlinget are either the least or jointly least significant civilization on this list in terms of impact at the time or lasting legacy.
    Vietnam - 20

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.