Never Before Seen Civs - Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armenia - 16
Ashanti - 22
Bulgaria - 12
Burma - 18
Colombia -9 + 1 = 10 Simon Bolivar conquer more land than Napoleon, Napoleon had a short empire and was already a leader in Civ 5. (I'm saying that because someone here use the argument the Gran- Colombia was a short lived country) Also that is false, because Colombia still existing and it is the oldest country of spanish-america. It's just lost the lands of Venezuela and Equador.
Gauls - 7
Goths -18 -3 = 15 We already have Germany, the union of all germanic tribes, includes the Goths.... And if we think the Visigoths as different nation, I will also argue we already have Spain.

Hebrews - 24
Italy - 9
Madagascar - 18
Navajo - 25
Swahili - 20
Tibet - 18
Tlingit - 12
Vietnam - 20

Armenia - 16
Ashanti - 22
Bulgaria - 12
Burma - 18
Colombia - 11 (10+1) Simon Bolivar is simply shouting for Civ6.
Gauls - 7
Goths - 15
Hebrews - 24
Italy - 9
Madagascar - 18
Navajo - 25
Swahili - 20
Tibet - 18
Tlingit - 9 (12-3) I'm sorry the defenders of this, you gave good arguments in defense of this that made me back down on give downvotes on this before, but it still was not enough to arouse my interest, not as much as the others on this list. I have nothing against this, but this seems to me very small, and if we are going to add small native civilizations along the American continent, there are many of them. Navajo, which is on the list, seems more interesting.
Vietnam - 20

Armenia - 16
Ashanti - 22
Bulgaria - 12
Burma - 18
Colombia - 11-3=8. Don't like colonial nations. Don't care if they are former English, Spanish, Portugese or somebody elses colony. They are an offshoot, not a civ in their own right. I reluctantly accept USA but its got out of hand in Civ VI.
Gauls - 7
Goths - 15
Hebrews - 24
Italy - 9+1=10. An Italian civ based on either the city-state era of the middle ages and renaissance or the 19th century nation-state of Cavour and Garibaldi (or both with alternate leaders. Don't think there are many civs with so many potential alternate leaders) seems long overdue to me.
Madagascar - 18
Navajo - 25
Swahili - 20
Tibet - 18
Tlingit - 9
Vietnam - 20

Armenia - 16
Ashanti - 22
Bulgaria - 12
Burma - 19 (18+1) I've seen some people debating between Burma and Vietnam on this forum, but I feel Burma cannot be overlooked, especially under Bayinnuang and the Toungoo dynasty. Despite the empire's short longevity, it was the largest nation in the history of Southeast Asia, spanning from Eastern India to Vietnam, and unified the Irrawaddy valley for the first time in 300 years. The empire's administrative reforms acted as precedents for policies in both restored Toungoo Burma and Siam, their political and cultural integration spread allowed the Burmese culture to modernize and spread, and the dynasty's military and political figures are celebrated in not just modern day Burma, but also Thailand and Laos. I'm aware that there is a extremely good Burma mod on the Steam workshop, but I'm fairly sure that mods don't de-confirm new civs.
Colombia - 8
Gauls - 4 (7-3) As Phoenician has said before, there are better picks for a Celtic representative, such as Ireland, or as a ancient rival to the Romans, like the Goths. Also, and this is my opinion (please don't kill me), but I feel like Vercingetorix was overrated. Now hear me out about this one: Yes, he did unite the Gauls in the last phase of Julius Caesar's invasion of Gaul, but it was ultimately useless since Caesar had already exploited the Gauls' internal divisions to subjugate the country and in the end he only won a single battle. He wasn't much of a successful leader IMO, and if he is the best that the Gauls have to offer, I personally wouldn't be willing to welcome a Gaelic civ over other European options.
Goths -15
Hebrews - 24
Italy - 10
Madagascar - 18
Navajo - 25
Swahili - 20
Tibet - 18
Tlingit - 12
Vietnam - 20

Armenia - 16
Ashanti - 22
Bulgaria - 9 (12 - 3) Yes, they were a major power in a specific subregion for certain periods of history. There's not a single civ on this list, though, that this can't be said for (except maybe Israel), and plenty of those other civs come from subregions and cultural groups that aren't already represented.
Burma - 19
Colombia - 8
Gauls - 4
Goths -15
Hebrews - 24
Italy - 10
Madagascar - 18
Navajo - 25
Swahili - 20
Tibet - 18
Tlingit - 10 (9 + 1) Instantly recognizable cultural icons, and a history and culture that would be fascinating yet novel to most players. This is more or less the ideal candidate for inclusion.
Vietnam - 20

Armenia - 13 (16-3) Without a doubt a country with an interesting history, but in this case I too think Georgia and this would be too much.
Ashanti - 22
Bulgaria - 12
Burma - 19
Colombia - 9 (8+1) My favorite is at the top, so I'll try to buy this one a little more time. South America could use a tad bit more representation, and this country seems like an interesting possibility to me.
Gauls - 4
Goths -15
Hebrews - 24
Italy - 10
Madagascar - 18
Navajo - 25
Swahili - 20
Tibet - 18
Tlingit - 9
Vietnam - 20

Armenia - 13
Ashanti - 22
Bulgaria - 12
Burma - 19
Colombia - 9-3=6 Nothing against Simon Bolivar.
Gauls - 4+1=5 Another upvote for a great early Celtic civ. Lay off poor Vercingetorix. Insulting the dead is uncouth.
Goths -15
Hebrews - 24
Italy - 10
Madagascar - 18
Navajo - 25
Swahili - 20
Tibet - 18
Tlingit - 9
Vietnam - 20

Armenia - 13
Ashanti - 22
Bulgaria - 12
Burma - 19
Colombia - 3 (6-3) I actually wouldn't mind Colombia and I certainly want them in before Argentina, but I'd prefer another native tribe if at all possible (like the Muisca, in fact)
Gauls - 5
Goths -15
Hebrews - 24
Italy - 10
Madagascar - 18
Navajo - 25
Swahili - 20
Tibet - 18
Tlingit - 9
Vietnam - 21 (20 +1) I'm surprised Vietnam is still parked at 20 points with no upvotes. It's easily the most high profile name on this list. Turning them into an interesting civ should be a piece of cake.

Armenia - 13
Ashanti - 22
Bulgaria - 12-3=9 similar previous reason, many European civs have better claim than them
Burma - 19
Colombia - 3
Gauls - 5
Goths -15
Hebrews - 24
Italy - 10
Madagascar - 18
Navajo - 25
Swahili - 20
Tibet - 18+1= 19 most people are ignorant about them,may be PRC propaganda is working good but they r really unique and different from rest of central,east Asia. I would count them in Indosphere.
Tlingit - 9
Vietnam - 21

Armenia - 16

Colombia - 11-3=8. Don't like colonial nations. Don't care if they are former English, Spanish, Portugese or somebody elses colony. They are an offshoot, not a civ in their own right. I reluctantly accept USA but its got out of hand in Civ VI.
Colombia isn't a colonial nation, who still a colonia are Canada and Australia, and they are already in Civ 6; Colombia is pos-colonial age. The Republican Age as USA.

Armenia - 13
Ashanti - 22
Bulgaria - 6
Burma - 19
Colombia - 3
Gauls - 5
Goths -15-3=12 Just not a fan and would prefer Gaul even though I don't think they will make it either. But to me they are the weakest of the remaining Civs on the list.
Hebrews - 24
Italy - 10+1=11. Most influential civ on here starting the Renaissance Era.
Madagascar - 18
Navajo - 25
Swahili - 20
Tibet - 19
Tlingit - 10
Vietnam - 21

Armenia - 10 (13-3) I don't have anything against Armenia, but Georgia's already in the game and I don't really see what kind of new things Armenia brings to the table.
Ashanti - 22
Bulgaria - 6
Burma - 19
Colombia - 3
Gauls - 5
Goths -12
Hebrews - 24
Italy - 11
Madagascar - 19 (18+1) - It's true that Madagascar didn't really have a big impact outside of the actual island of Madagascar. But I don't see that as problematic for its inclusion. It's got enough else going for it that I think it deserves a spot in Civ. Plus, I still think we're in great need of more African civs.
Navajo - 25
Swahili - 20
Tibet - 19
Tlingit - 10
Vietnam - 21

So after voting all these times, I've made a few changes to my vote post to make it easier for others to vote afterward. Kinda streamlining the process. No more bold, and putting the new number of points first before I include the math involved with the vote, so that you can delete everything in front of the new number of points. Hope that helps anyone lazy out there, haha!

Armenia - 10
Ashanti - 22
Bulgaria - 6
Burma - 19
Colombia - 0= 3-3 ELIMINATED - I don't usually vote twice the same way, but these guys should go I think. There were definitely more interesting options available to cover this region.
Gauls - 5
Goths -12
Hebrews - 24
Italy - 11
Madagascar - 19
Navajo - 25
Swahili - 20
Tibet - 20 = 19+1 - The mechanical space for a mountains + faith civ is pretty interesting. They'd be a nice counterpoint to the Inca.
Tlingit - 10
Vietnam - 21

Armenia - 10
Ashanti - 22 +1 = 23 (It's a moment of the history who had any representation in this game)
Bulgaria - 6
Burma - 19
Gauls - 5
Goths -12
Hebrews - 24
Italy - 11 - 3 = 8 It's not a civilization, just a country.
Madagascar - 19
Navajo - 25
Swahili - 20
Tibet - 20
Tlingit - 10
Vietnam - 21

Colombia - 0= 3-3 ELIMINATED - I don't usually vote twice the same way, but these guys should go I think. There were definitely more interesting options available to cover this region.
What civilization in South America do you think can be better than Colombia?

What civilization in South America do you think can be better than Colombia?

I'd prefer to have seen more indigenous nations than post-colonial nations, so just restricted to this list Muisca would have gotten my vote over Colombia. And if we absolutely were going to get a post-colonial nation I'd find Argentina more engaging.

Sorry if they were your top pick, but out of the ones left these were definitely my least favourite.

Armenia - 11 (10+1) I know Georgia is already occupying their general region. However two points, firstly you don't have to play on a world map, and secondly I think Armenia are more worthy for inclusion than Georgia anyway.
Ashanti - 23
Bulgaria - 6
Burma - 19
Gauls - 5
Goths -12
Hebrews - 24
Italy - 8
Madagascar - 19
Navajo - 25
Swahili - 20
Tibet - 20
Tlingit - 7 (10-3) Let alone being in the top 10 of this list, would they even make the top 10 of the most important Native American civilizations. For example they weren't considered important enough to be included in Colonization (Arawak, Aztec, Inca, Tupi, Cherokee, Iroquois, Sioux, Apache were the chosen 8).
Vietnam - 21

Armenia - 11
Ashanti - 23
Bulgaria - 7 (6+ 1) - At this point I'm just trying to keep as many civs surviving the Gauls. Colombia was done dirty by this poll.
Burma - 19
Gauls - 2 (5 - 3) - I actually almost called these out as not deserving inclusion at the beginning, given that Xadinho had to create an exception to justify them. But thankfully they won't survive much longer so I don't really care about meritocratic particularities.
Goths -12
Hebrews - 24
Italy - 8
Madagascar - 19
Navajo - 25
Swahili - 20
Tibet - 20
Tlingit - 7
Vietnam - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom