Hey all,

New version inbound. Changelog:

Bugfixes and Improvements
  • Further tactical AI improvements
  • Bugfixes for city governor logic
  • Typo and unclear-text fixes
  • Additional adjustments to AI settling logic
  • Major improvements to AI gold spending logic on units/buildings
  • Adjustments that may ameliorate some multiplayer desync woes (we'll see)
  • Fixed barb camp spawn location bugs (should be more camps now)
  • AI is now capable of running roads to strategic bastions on their frontiers (experimental)
  • UI fixes, and text fixes for lots of things
Balance
Diplomacy
  • War weariness does not start to accrue until after the minimum turn duration for any war
  • Sanction Resolution - now prevents target from creating any new deals (except those related to peace treaties)
Religion
  • Doubles speed of TR pressure increase for religion
Happiness
  • Adjusted starting modifiers for happiness needs slightly
Historic Events
  • Winning a War: now requires a warscore of at least 25 to trigger (was formerly a simple peace deal imbalance)
Civs
  • Brazil:
    • Brazilwood Camp must now also be adjacent to a luxury resource (simply too much brazilwood in any given game).
    • UA: now 40% of GAP into Tourism/Gold (was 50%)
  • Polynesia: Maori Warrior CS increased by 1, Haka promotion by 5%
  • Zulu: halved unit maintenance discount for gun/melee units (UA)
Improvements
  • Manufactory: base: +1p, +1p on each tech upgrade
  • Town: now scales WLTKD length (+1 turn per owned Town)
Policies
  • Imperialism - Colonialism - no change, but worth noting that the policy affects the sum total of monopoly bonuses, not a bonus per monopoly of that type (so if you have two 10% culture bonuses, you don't get 20% more, but just 10% more)
  • Civilizing Mission - now affects all cities with a courthouse, not just occupied cities
Buildings
  • Pagoda: added religious dissent reduction of 50%
  • Projects
  • Apollo and Manhattan costs doubled to 1500p

Link: https://mega.nz/#!PYlHUSrK!9tYzAFyADdIV3UC1XA9E3WvK0R6OTvsePPJ4r4J8VuU

Not savegame compatible with the previous beta.

Cheers,
G

• AI is now capable of running roads to strategic bastions on their frontiers (experimental)
Is this like a they'll build roads connecting to future potential conquered cities so they can rush their army easier onto your borders?

G, you are the man! I remember you saying that this was a technical limitation for the AI and now you are tackling the challenge head on. Keep up the great work!

It's still not the smartest method ever, but it works pretty well (and the AI knows not to negative-GPT itself with the special roads).

G

Zulu: halved unit maintenance discount for gun/melee units (UA)
In 3/20b the Zulu description says that they already have this ability.
Is this a fix for a discrepancy between text and code?

Adjusted starting modifiers for happiness needs slightly
Do you mean starting in term of turns, population, or both?

AI is now capable of running roads to strategic bastions on their frontiers (experimental)
This is a good change.

On another note, are there any new config options?

I like it !
On barbarians: I've not tested yet but if it increases significantly the numbers of barbarians, you might want to reduce even more the numbers of barbarians with "chill barbarians".

Winning a War: now requires a warscore of at least 25 to trigger (was formerly a simple peace deal imbalance)

The best change ever! :love::love::love:

Great changes. But some questions.

1. Does the change in winning a war for historical event also influence the UA of the aztecs?

2. Have you tested the change in brazilwoods change? It sounds a bit extremly restrictive, wouldnt be a maximum number of brazilwood camps (1-2) per city and an increase in yields better?

3. Does the town change work globally or only in builded city?

4. Cant remember, when I had 2 stacking monopolies. I think, if you have those, you are already winning the game anyway.
Still no science nerf to imperialismn?

Winning a War: now requires a warscore of at least 25 to trigger (was formerly a simple peace deal imbalance)

The best change ever! :love::love::love:
does it matter if u won a war or not and how will this affect the aztecs

Thanks for the patch! Always nice to see it come.

Still, patch notes are wrong or there's a bug - I don't know if TRs are affected by religion spread because I don't pay attention to such small details, but roads definitely are and it's not mentioned. Your religion spreads like a plague. I converted three of my cities (and they were all pretty small), 20-30 pressure to Darius close/far cities. Two more, 40~. It's like not only pressure of CC was doubled, but distance possibly was as well, too.

Great changes. But some questions.

1. Does the change in winning a war for historical event also influence the UA of the aztecs?

2. Have you tested the change in brazilwoods change? It sounds a bit extremly restrictive, wouldnt be a maximum number of brazilwood camps (1-2) per city and an increase in yields better?

3. Does the town change work globally or only in builded city?

4. Cant remember, when I had 2 stacking monopolies. I think, if you have those, you are already winning the game anyway.
Still no science nerf to imperialismn?

1. Yes
2. It is a nerf. Brazil was over performing quite a bit.
3. Globally.
4. Imperialism’s strength is still being tested.

Thanks for the patch! Always nice to see it come.

Still, patch notes are wrong or there's a bug - I don't know if TRs are affected by religion spread because I don't pay attention to such small details, but roads definitely are and it's not mentioned. Your religion spreads like a plague. I converted three of my cities (and they were all pretty small), 20-30 pressure to Darius close/far cities. Two more, 40~. It's like not only pressure of CC was doubled, but distance possibly was as well, too.

I didn’t touch distance. If the change is behaving badly we can reduce it.- I wasnt seeing such high numbers on my test builds.

In 3/20b the Zulu description says that they already have this ability.
Is this a fix for a discrepancy between text and code?

Do you mean starting in term of turns, population, or both?

This is a good change.

On another note, are there any new config options?

I reduced it from 50% to 25%.

The modifiers at base for needs.

Nope.

I forgot where I read it (recently, like, in the last week) but looked like Iteroi was working on Venice AI, and there was something about hard-coded limit of CS bought (3?) by Medieval... has it been addressed in this beta?

Imperialism (Colonialism) is a bit too strong, I feel it could work better and also easier to word if it simply doubled up the monopoly bonus: I mean, +10% GA length is weak, while +4 science/culture/faith (from +2, total 6) looks unfair compared to +4 food (from +3, total 7).

Improved Leadership could be made to apply to units with the Heroism promotion (Kris Swordmen with general-like aura).

Last edited:
Wowee! Nice new patch! Good thing I'm playing Zulu now, before the patch. :lol:

I'm glad to see Brazil nerfed. They were runaways every game I saw them. Such insane early culture.

Also does the 25 Warscore thing mean a peace deal where the AI can't offer you anything at like 80 warscore counts as a win?

Also is the spy-based War Weariness indicator included?

Looking forward to the patch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom