New Version - December 6th (12/6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a report on the difficulty so far (I play standard/standard/continents++):

I'm halfway through the medieval era and I would say that the difficulty on Emperor is pretty much the same as it was before. I find that I am a little behind the leading AI civs in terms of tech and policies which is typical- I usually lag behind a little until mid game. I can typically only get wonders that I purposely go after (and even then it's not a given that I get them). I guess we will see if the accelerated bonuses in later eras leave me in the dust.

Edit: I should note that I am happy with the difficulty level so far this game, as the ideal situation in my mind is that the player is always a little behind in tech/policy/military/etc but makes up for that with strategy and foresight. Again, it will be interesting to see what happens in later eras with the new accelerated bonuses.

Last edited:
Here is the thing. Gazebo has created three variables that everyone can modify. Before suggesting new values, do finish the game, then modify the values in your local game and run again. When you feel that the game is challenging, but doable, with your handicap values, then report what's working for you.

Chances are that we will be able to find curves that fit most players.

Two side observations: the incidence of game-ending runaways has noticeably decreased over the last few patches for me, and the AI goes for God of all Creation fast enough that it's gone if I build a shrine second.

Somebody noticed in 2 last versions(1 December and this version), that AI always has a penalty production due to unit handicap? Two my last games(last is still in progress) I saw that with spies. And I don't think that this is due to war...

Gazebo, in my first game on the new version, I've been seeing what I've been seeing in the last two versions as well - significantly later founding times and later spreading times, except in cases of religious civs such as Ethiopia. In my current Deity game, Greece founded, but on turn 140 had only two of its cities (from 6) converted to its religion, they still had the pantheon belief. Not sure if intended or not, but it makes the religion game much easier for the human player.

Gazebo, in my first game on the new version, I've been seeing what I've been seeing in the last two versions as well - significantly later founding times and later spreading times, except in cases of religious civs such as Ethiopia. In my current Deity game, Greece founded, but on turn 140 had only two of its cities (from 6) converted to its religion, they still had the pantheon belief. Not sure if intended or not, but it makes the religion game much easier for the human player.
In my current game 4/4 religions were founded before turn90 and they all are ahead of me in terms of spreading

Interesting, are you using anything non-default? I'm using just the VP mod (events turned off). I'll sometimes select most of AIs that aren't particularly religious, but I'd still expect even Assyria, Songhai, Greece,..., to found&spread early. At least that's how it used to be. Now I'm consciously avoiding playing as the Maya or Byzantium because I fear that unless I'd include Ethiopia, Spain,..., among the AIs, that the religious aspect of the game would be a cakewalk.

Also turn 90 to me seems to be later than before, where all religions were iirc founded at the very latest by around turn 83-84. 4 or 5 extra turns can mean a lot in a race to found a religion.

I've got some broken tooltips here and there -- the ones I remember seeing specifically were from the emissary and the next diplomatic unit after it. Anyone else seeing that or am I experiencing PEBKAC?

Interesting, are you using anything non-default? I'm using just the VP mod (events turned off). I'll sometimes select most of AIs that aren't particularly religious, but I'd still expect even Assyria, Songhai, Greece,..., to found&spread early. At least that's how it used to be. Now I'm consciously avoiding playing as the Maya or Byzantium because I fear that unless I'd include Ethiopia, Spain,..., among the AIs, that the religious aspect of the game would be a cakewalk.
All religions in my game were very close to each other, first one ~turn82 last one turn89, i had mine on turn88. Also in my game Pacal failed with religion. Nothing special, events off, Ruins on, no faith Ruins, no faith CS

Hey there is this compatible with JFD's CID, RTP, CulDiv, EC, EXCE? I am using vox populi with eui. Does the mod conflict in anyway? I have other mods in my modlist so even though VOXPOPULI works with vox populi, does it work with other mods? How do civ 5 load mods?

Last edited:
Hey there is this compatible with JFD's CID, RTP, CulDiv, EC, EXCE? I am using vox populi with eui. Does the mod conflict in anyway? I have other mods in my modlist so even though VOXPOPULI works with vox populi, does it work with other mods? How do civ 5 load mods?
They should work together however it will cause balance issues, since they were not created with VP in mind.

They should work together however it will cause balance issues, since they were not created with VP in mind.
does the game choose to use vox populi attribute or jfd mods? eg, both version of the same building have their own stats, which one will be use by the game or they add up?

Do AIs have pottery on start in Emperor as well? because I've been getting 16-20 turns AI Stonehenge in some games, but ~23ish AI SH in other. I'm confused by their tactics

No AI have no pottery on Deity. Just checked it in a new game with IGE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom