1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

None Shall Pass 3 [Game Thread]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Zack, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

In fact I find it far more likely YOU were converted and doing exactly what I would do as mafia if Arakhor is scum.

2. Xym

Xym Grounded

Vote: Arakhor then.

This was my thinking as I went back to reread things. Being distracted by LotR right now helps the mafia a bit too much for my liking.

3. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

Spaceman you are COMPLETELY ignoring my arguments for your own purposes.

1. Do you not understand what I am saying? If we focus SOLELY on SW players - the LOTR are under zero threat. IF SW cult can recruit from them then its a free ride because we're going to be focusing on SW. Do you not see this? Killing LOTR now is two birds with one stone. One - LOTR town dies. Two - SW cult doesn't get a free ride.
    2. What does the ring even do? Yes we have a numerical advantage but LOTR town had one game 1 and there was still a chance for SW to win.

You honestly sound like you're spouting TMI all over the place.

4. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

arakhor, please share how you are SW town

as stated, I don't actually care if you are Luke. Since apparently no one knows who darth maul or luke is, i guess at this point have to assume that even if the witch king was mirrored the SW version has been converted

5. dcmort93

dcmort93 The Stig

Because there's nothing to say that they haven't converted in the past 5 nights. I'm clearly just making guesses based on past games experience, obviously I'm prone to a bad guess here or there.

6. dcmort93

dcmort93 The Stig

Also consider that had Visor been scanned as convertible, Visor could have been converted N3 instead of being attacked. Scums own admission on that one. So there is more to say that SW mafia has converted someone by now then there isn't.

7. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

LOL

I was attacked - I even have PMs from Jarrema (whose faction is dead) to prove it.

8. dcmort93

dcmort93 The Stig

And the fact that LOTR scum couldn't convert SW Visor seems to suggest to me that either cross faction conversion can't happen at all, or it can only happen under special circumstances like in the first game.

9. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

straight from the horses mouth

10. dcmort93

dcmort93 The Stig

You and I both know that.

I'm saying had they been able to convert you they would have. They couldn't so they tried to kill you instead.

I'm not arguing that they didn't attack you

11. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

FWIW I had a similar thought initially, but then completely disregarded it. It makes the game far too difficult for mafia to be limited so much.

12. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

no it doesn't

13. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

yes it does.

How does it make sense for it to be limited?

14. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

Unrecruitable to LOTR scum you mean

1: and if we focus SOLELY on LOTR like your suggesting, SW mafia gets a free ride converting SW players. We know who the LOTRs are. If SW mafia converts them, we'll lynch them anyways. On the other hand, we won't know who SW mafia converts if they target our side. Besides, we still have the vig to deal with the natives. SW town has two kills (unless the vig was converted). SW mafia has one, and a conversion (or two if they converted the vig). LOTR town has one. This isn't hard. If your an SW townie, SW mafia is the biggest threat to you unless your recrutiable.

2: LOTR town had a 1 person numerical advantage in NSP 1. Our numerical advantage is 7 assuming that the towns started with equal numbers. Besides, SW scum don't add to our advantage in the showdown so lynching them doesn't harm our advantage.

Pouter, have you learned anyting new about the ring?

Your redirecting attention, lynches and night actions from your beleaguered team to a rival faction. Your leader is on the ropes, and your desperate to save him. Your actions make perfect sense as scum

15. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

intrinsically a town-town split still has a large pool of players that could be convertible--say it started like 13/13/2/2. Maybe some players could be converted by either side, maybe some were noncovertable flat out.

It is up to other design decisions as to how the conversion mechanics work and other design decisions that can adjust the level of difficulty (e.g. watchers, roleblockers, scanners, whatever). But there is absolutely nothing wrong with limiting by faction.

16. remake20

remake20 :)

The vote:Visor side of this way screams scum to me.

17. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Tally:

Spoiler :
    3 Al Sipsclar (Visorslash, Internet Flea, landlubber)
    3 Arakhor (spaceman98, dcmort93, Xym)

2 Visorslash (Al Sipsclar, remake20)

---

Posting, Not Voting: Arakhor, Kennigit, Legato Endless, Sprig

Not Posting: johnhughthom, Lohrenswald, Pouter Pigeon, Snerk

[TIMER=10/23/2015 11:00 PM CDT; Day Six Over]tunnel snakes rule[/TIMER]

18. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老仁森林

This isn't indecisive enough

Vote: Visorslash

19. johnhughthom

johnhughthom Emperor

I shall Vote: AlSipsclar

20. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

I was wondering when that was going to come up. I am a blocker, yes, but I block people's passive abilities, not their active abilities. Now, I know they exist, because of my power, but I don't know if anyone has them or even if people would notice them being gone. Your not even noticing my visiting you last night clearly indicates one of three things:

1) You have no passive powers
    2) People don't notice when I visit them
    3) People do and you're hiding this for some reason