NOTW LII - The Immortals II [Game Thread - Concluded]

Morning Six

Hardly anyone slept during the night, they all dreaded to face the morning. But before they knew it the sun light started to creep into their rooms. The Cunning Conjurer in particular thanked Sabethiel for seeing him through the night. They all finally steady themselves to face the terrible news that dawn would bring. When the Mages all gathered together they realised with glum faces that they were only five.

They found her apparition gliding above her body. The look of sadness was clear as the apparition faded. After a quick search of the body they discovered the broken fragments of a Fire Mana Orb.

Spoiler :
Backwards Logic the Narcissistic Necromancer was Eviscerated, she was Innocent

The other looked around expecting something else to happen but nothing did. Perhaps there still was a chance.

~~~

It is now Day

Accusation in Bold

Night falls in: [timer=04/16/2014 7:00 PM +13:00; Day has finished][/timer] at 16 Apr 2014 7:00 PM (+12:00)

Well, it looks like I was very wrong about Backwards. Gut feeling, you have betrayed me.

With that out of the way, I'd like to share an interesting conversation I had with BSmith1068 last night in our Air Mana-provided quicktopic:

BSmith said:
choxorn said:
BSmith said:
choxorn said:
BSmith said:
choxorn said:
BSmith said:
What if it told you I could guarantee you would win this game? Would you be willing to do something that seemed counterintuitive?
Tell me...
I need for you to trust me and to immediately transfer all of your orbs to me. You will be converted tonight.
A cult, eh? I wasn't expecting that... are you big enough that converting me will cause an instawin? Why do you need my orbs, anyway?
Yes. We should win if I have all of your orbs. You can post the order here and sprig will honor it.
If you want me to trust you, you need to tell me what the point of giving you the orbs is. How do I know you're not just a normal scum team with an out-strength victory condition or something like that?
This is where the trust factor comes in. Most of the night kills have been conversions, with the mana orb that holds the target's soul being destroyed. The other orbs go up for vote.

I plan on converting you by killing you tonight. Don't worry - the dead have been very active through this whole process, and have been the ones mainly casting the spells for the team. Being dead is not really being dead.

I need you to send me your mana so that it doesn't go up for a vote tomorrow, but stays in our hands. This should give us a total mana count higher than the innocent team and cause us to win in the morning.

I would prefer to have you on the winning side of this, so join us. Send me your orbs and I'll make sure you are converted.

You know, I believed you, and still do believe you about at least some of that, like that might be how your kill works. It kind of makes sense. And that was a seriously tempting offer, I had to admit. But then I just decided I'd rather give you the finger, protect myself, and out you in the thread tomorrow.

So here's me giving you the finger and outing you. Please die now.

He who laughs last laughs longest. Whomever votes with me against choxorn will be converted tonight and you will win tonight instead of being on the losing side. Your choice.

He who laughs last laughs longest. Whomever votes with me against choxorn will be converted tonight and you will win tonight instead of being on the losing side. Your choice.

So, BSmith you admit your guilt. Fortunately, some on this council still realize that this is Lynch or Lose. If an innocent dies today, then their won't be another night. Any innocent foolish enough to take your offer will end the game as a defeated "townie" when this day ends, and you and your as yet unknown ally will win by the end of today, unless one of you is lynched.

Man, I slept for way too long, and I feel awful. It must have been something I ate!

Oh my, that's a lot of people dead! But it looks like I awakened at just the right time.

Bsmith, you're going down!

Evening Six

The Council was in no doubt who the Dark Mage was. The Handsome and Majestic Magus had all the marking a Dark Mage, it was practically written on his forehead. In fact, once he was finished off by the other four council members they discovered written in small writing was:

Spoiler :
BSmith1068 the Majestic Magus was a Dark Mage

The Council Members was now down to four. Was it all over now? Had they neutralized the threat? The apparition of of Sprig, the Dark Mage, appeared to ruin that hope. "I don't need servants, you will kill yourselves and my goal will be complete."

The council were tired of seeing this apparition. He seems to take all joy out killing his servants.

~~~

It is now Night

Dawn Breaks in: [timer=04/17/2014 7:00 PM +12:00; Night has finished][/timer] at 17 Apr 2014 7:00 pm (+12:00)

Morning Seven

Four council Members went to bed and Four council members woke up. They gathered in the council chamber and looked at each other expecting something to happen.

The morning dragged on and nothing happened. Finally, and somewhat surprisingly, the Adorable Archmage broke the silence. "Suppose we better do something with these Mana Orbs the Dark Mage carried?"

~~~

It is now Day

Accusation in Bold
You may No Lynch

Votes for the Fire Mana Orb in Red

Votes for the First Air Mana Orb in Blue

Votes for the Second Air Mana Orb in DarkGreen

Votes for the Third Air Mana Orb in Purple

Votes for the Fourth Air Mana Orb in Grey

~~~

Night falls in: [timer=04/18/2014 7:00 PM +13:00; Day has finished][/timer] at 18 Apr 2014 7:00 PM (+12:00)

What he said

Autolycus

AllOrbsToKennigit

Oh, my, that's a lot of mana! And my colleagues want to kill me! I can see why they might be suspicious of me, given my sleepiness, but I'm clean, so I'd say let's give peace a chance! No Lynch. Kennigit's shown his bona fides with helping to take down Catharsis, so
AllOrbsToKennigit

I know. If we had two scum left, we should be dead right now. Ergo there is one scum left, or there is some other mechanic going on, as Sprig's ghost seems to have suggested. Choxorn outed Bsmith, and you and spaceman both voted catharsis, so I don't have an obvious lead based on what I can see.

Choxorn trusts you with the orbs and has more visibility into any behind the scenes action, so if he's clean, his decision as to which of you or spaceman to trust is worth listening to. If he's scum, giving you the orbs is still putting them in the hands of the righteous.

However, now that I think about it more, if we give you all the orbs, then even with a no lynch, killing you tonight might let the scum win. If we spread them around, then with a no lynch, we can force the scum to rule out one possible suspect.

Therefore, I will shift to say Autolycus, since I only have one orb at the moment.

I find the idea of "giving peace a chance" to be very dubious, given that

1: BSmith mentioned a conversion mechanic of some sort. He could have been lying or bluffing, but his claim may also have been truthful, and if so, the mafia may grow stronger over time

2: The ghost of Sprig has also referenced mechanics that are unknown to us. While the ghost has claimed that he "doesn't need servants", why would he have them if they were unnecessary?

3: Several nights, there were two kills at once. If the mafia can do this again, then the game will be over tonight. On the other hand, this (double killing) hasn't occurred for several nights, so it might be that they have lost this capability.

Overall, I think that its most likely that Autolycus is stalling mafia.

Regarding the mana orbs, I am somewhat skeptical of giving them all to one person. On the other hand, doing so will give the town Air III, so might be worth the risk.

Give the first three to Kennigit. I would like the fourth (or really anyone who isn't Autolycus and isn't already getting a lot of mana).

As for the fire orb, it must be kept out of mafia hands at all costs. I'm not yet sure how this can be best accomplished.

the concern is if mafia have been holding back on fire orbs, but it seemed bsmith had a large mana dump off so we're probably good

Evening Seven

They were going for three out of three. The remaining council members were once again sure that they had their woman. "I'm to cute to die" she said as she was surrounded by the other three. But her looks couldn't save her as her life was blasted away. They search her body and found a Water Mana Orb but unfortunately it seemed:

Spoiler :
Autolycus the Adorable Archmage was Innocent

The remaining three were deeply troubled. The Illusionist collected all the Mana Orbs under the watchful stares of the Sorcerer and Conjurer. It felt like they were all on the knife edge. Reluctantly they retired for the night without saying a word.

~~~

It is now Night
Dawn Breaks in: [timer=04/19/2014 7:00 PM +12:00; Night has finished][/timer] at 19 Apr 2014 7:00 pm (+12:00)

Night is Over. The write up for this morning post will not happen till tomorrow (for me.)

The Game is concluded and i'll let you speculate in the sign-up thread if you wish but mum's the word for now!

The suspense is killing me!!1!one

What will zack's red button do????

Top Bottom