On reincarnation of God

Are you by any chance, a god watching this thread?

• Total voters
Well, if you return to basics(with some allotment for translations):

I believe in God,
the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
He descended into hell;
on the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from there He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Holy Catholic Church,
the communion of Saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Amen.

Well, if you return to basics(with some allotment for translations):

I believe in God,
the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
He descended into hell;
on the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from there He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Holy Catholic Church,
the communion of Saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Amen.
Source?

The Apostle's Creed, looked for mostly Catholic verbiage.

In the Gospel of John, John the Baptist (no relation) was asked if he was Elijah 'come back'. So, the concept of reincarnation was at least available, or we can interpret it that way. For all we know the questioner thought that Elijah just 'poofed' back into existence as John the Baptist.

Or of returning, at any rate.

Have been to church, can confirm the creed runs something like that.
That does not answer my question. If I wanted to look it up to cite it, where should I look?

The Apostle's Creed. There are multiple versions, pick your denomination!

They tend to be remarkably similar in the bigger churches. For example, Methodists(United Methodists, who knows about those Free Methodists) put an asterisk next to "Catholic" and it says "universal."

The Apostle's Creed. There are multiple versions, pick your denomination!

They tend to be remarkably similar in the bigger churches. For example, Methodists put an asterisk next to "Catholic" and it says "universal."
You're still not answering all of my question. Do you have an actual link, or did you type all that from memory, without looking it up?

You're still not answering all of my question. Do you have an actual link, or did you type all that from memory, without looking it up?
Most people introtrinated into Christianity from an early age have a fair amount of stuff like that memorized

Thanks for the links, guys.

Yeah, for thousands of years. So far we've found nothing.

Let me ask you though.. What if god was one of us? Just a poster like one of us? Just a stranger on the bus? tryin to make his way home?

If god had a face, what would it look like? AND WOULD YOU WANT TO SEE!??! or run away?

Having said all that, how do you look for a god anyway? Most gods are conveniently defined to be non-detectable. They are invisible and leave no trace. Sounds impossible, much like trying to find an invisible Hungarian unicorn. How would you look for one?
We found nothing: Nothing is your perception. Some might be pretty sure that in 0AD, a guy named Jesus is a representation of god.
How do you look for god? : Idk. It seems like by asking in this thread, we had 4 unknown people who believes themselves is god. So maybe, there are gods chatting in this forum. It's one of us.
If god had a face, what would it look like? AND WOULD YOU WANT TO SEE!??! or run away?: If god had a face, I would expect his face to be unlethal to my human eyes. Extreme brightness or something like that might ruin my eyes, I don't care if the face is ugly in human sense. I would try to communicate with god if I met god. Why run away tho?

There was no 0 AD. The years are reckoned as 1 BCE coming immediately before 1 CE.

Of course that's by our calendar. The Romans didn't reckon that way.

Isn't Jesus coming back reincarnation?

According to the scripture, he won't be reborn, just appear out of nowhere.

Jesus will not be re-incarnated when he comes back at the end of the Great Tribulation. When He ascended into heaven after being raised from the dead he took on His glorified heavenly body which is needed to enter the Kingdom of God. When He returns it will be in His glorified body. This is not re-incarnation. Yes the body dies but the spirit lives. But for the spirit to enter the Kingdom of God it will need to put on a glorified immortal body. This is what a follower of Christ believes. (note I don't like using the term Christian because Christianity has been perverted by so many false teachers)

Re-incarnation, if I'm not mistaken, is when an living entity dies its spirit comes enters another body to live life on earth again. So when a frog dies it comes back to life as a cow. When that cow dies it might come back as a human or some other creature depending on how it lived its life on earth. Can anyone verify for me?

Top Bottom