one month in - opinions on the forum split

do you like the forum split?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not opposed. It's a bit annoying to flip between the two fora, but not as annoying as I initially expected. And I do like the overall tone of the Chamber, it has turned out quite nice.

I still do not like it.
If you did not know which forum you were in you could not tell from the posts in many threads. So there is a large overlap.

I'm not opposed. It's a bit annoying to flip between the two fora, but not as annoying as I initially expected. And I do like the overall tone of the Chamber, it has turned out quite nice.

More or less this. Except that the quantity of posts of substance seems to way down. Hell, even the quality of posts of nonsense seems to be way down. :sad:

I dislike it more and more. It seems to me that what threads go to what forum is quite arbitrary.

I haven't been spending a lot of time in either forum, but I'm not opposed to what I'm seeing.

I dislike it more and more. It seems to me that what threads go to what forum is quite arbitrary.

I think, the topic of the thread matters less than how you want it to be moderated (strict in Chamber, very light in Tavern) and what sort of posting style you want to encourage.

I think, the topic of the thread matters less than how you want it to be moderated (strict in Chamber, very light in Tavern) and what sort of posting style you want to encourage.

Or people start threads in the Tavern because they want more people to respond but put up with lower moderation.

Maybe it's because I've been too busy to be active lately, but I find it somewhat annoying to have to switch between the two. What I end up doing is opening both subforms in different tabs, and then going back and forth. I am very pragmatic and value efficiency, so that's why it annoys me slightly. I also don't see enough traffic in one of the subforms (can't remember which one) to warrant such a split, but like I said I haven't been on much lately.

Basically I don't care. I scan both forums, I reply in threads where I have something to say. I don't even know which section the thread I'm currently replying to is in most of the time, and I certainly don't change my style to accomodate.

Could be reverted, could be maintained. I guess I'm the sort of person who allows the status quo to prevail ;)

It is growing on me. I was a dislike a week in, and now I am a not sure (where is the radioactive monkey option anyway).

What I like most is that I can actually keep up with threads in the Chamber now, as they have so much lower post rate. What I dislike is that the threads I read and contribute to in the Chamber have a low post count. I do not think I will be kept happy ;)

Meh, you could take it or leave it. I don't really see much of a difference between the two subforums.

I like looser moderation standards (especially with regards to spam) but not the split to achieve it. I would prefer a single OT moderated to standards comparable to The Tavern, but in conjuction with the red diamond thread initiative, so that people who want tighter moderation in their threads can have it.

One thing I seriously hated about posting here prior to the split was that I never really knew when something I posted was going to be deemed 'spam' and get deleted or worse. The judgement call was always so arbitrary that I would frequently find myself frustrated and wondering why my posts would be deleted but not [whoeverthehell] that also posts in a similar fashion. That I don't need to worry about that in the Tavern is a nice change, and one I would miss if it were done away with.

I dislike it. I honestly don't notice a difference in the content of most threads and I don't see the quality in the Chamber threads much better than the old OT.

It isn't bad enough to keep me from visiting CFC or anything, but I often only bother checking one of the two (usually whichever the thread on the topof my subscriptions is from).

I liked the Red Diamond idea better.

BTW: What happened to the drop down list that allowed you to directly switch forums?
I hate having to go back to the Coloseum in order to open up the other forum (and the History Forum, but that doesn't need to be visited very often). Just having that back would make me dislike it a lot less as it would make switching easier.

Still negative. I open threads in tabs, and I generally never look to see which one is in each forum, I post the same regardless.

And I don't feel much of a difference between the two either.

Still negative. I open threads in tabs, and I generally never look to see which one is in each forum, I post the same regardless.

And I don't feel much of a difference between the two either.

I generally keep my more snarky and sarcastic remarks in the Tavern (and the posts that are potentially insightful in the Chamber) but sometimes I forget where I am and sometimes the thread calls for one treatment or the other.

I'm begrudgingly accepting it, despite thinking the red-diamond idea was a more solid way to mark topics for moderation (and letting the other threads have looser moderation).

I don't mind it. I like not having to worry about being rude in OT:SPAM. It does seem like overall traffic is down, which is lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom