1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Feb 1st 2013 - bugs - Single Player

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Ah... just means you need to update the unit schema in the folder in which Florence is located. Simply copy the core unit schema over and rename it to the schema name you're using in that file.

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I did that, didnt work???? Its says something missing in line 16???

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

On that second panel it looked like the formatting might be a little funny but I couldn't see the full xml on the entry. It should read:
    Code:
    	<Combat>UNITCOMBAT_HERO</Combat>
    	<SubCombatTypes>
    		<SubCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_CIVILIAN</SubCombatType>
    	</SubCombatTypes>
    Despite the message you're getting, the schema looks correct to me off hand.

4. strategyonly

here http://www.gamefront.com/files/22965903/Florence+Nightingale.zip

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Ok... figured it out. You had the same schema name in use elsewhere and that schema had not been equally updated. Oddly, this causes problems and we've run up against it being an issue before. I'll push your files in just a bit here.

6. strategyonly

I figured it out, thx.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Sorry... I was looking into it then the Walking Dead came on and well... that was that for a bit.

It looks like I have forgotten to push your files during this commit underway (I often forget when I have to go and check a new file!) so that leaves you free and clear to commit your file when you're ready. The fix to the other schema is getting pushed though now.

8. strategyonly

Game now FREEZES upon next turn (click) SVN 4826 No viewports

I believe one of the last 2 commits i made, make this happen??

EDIT: OK it took about 5 minutes to turn but then it came back with a BUNCH of errors??

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
    File "Civ4lerts", line 748, in onBeginActivePlayerTurn
    File "Civ4lerts", line 766, in _getMaxGoldTrade
    AttributeError: GoldTrade instance has no attribute 'maxGoldTrade'
    File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
    File "Civ4lerts", line 786, in onBeginActivePlayerTurn
    File "Civ4lerts", line 805, in _getMaxGoldPerTurnTrade
    AttributeError: GoldPerTurnTrade instance has no attribute 'maxGoldPerTurnTrade'
    File "BugGameUtils", line 342, in callHandler
    File "AnimalPlacing", line 74, in canBuild
    TypeError: iterable argument required

9. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

@Koshling:

I did some more testing and it turns out that the autosave size does not inappropriately expand before revision 4803, which was the one in which you made optimizations to save time.

10. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I'm stumped then. I can se no way at all that those changes could cause it, and I cannot reproduce it (played several hundred turns with auto save every turn this morning without getting it)

11. strategyonly

Can you do a debug then on the savedgame above, maybe that will be something(if not sorry:blush:) i am like you i hate wasting precious TIME., like i said it took over 5 minutes for it to go to the next turn, might have been a loop problem??

12. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

My response was to ls612's problem (large save game), not yours. I'll take a look at yours...

13. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Is anyone else noticing doubled turn times, or is it just me again?

14. strategyonly

Double, not me, maybe a 5-6 second one(all depending on Era and # of civs), but thats it at least for me. . . SO

Again, i think it is depending on where you are on YOUR map, how many civs, speed, map size, viewports etc.

15. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Based on looking at your save that you said took over 5 minutes, the massive turn time there is down the Python errors happening tens of thousands of times per turn. However, I cannot see anything wrong with the Python, and for some of the errors it hasn't even been changed in many months. I **think** event or turn initialization Python is failing in some way (but not logged) and that all the errors we then see are due to init functions never having been run. I am currently suspicious of TB's trait changes, since they removed some Python interfaces from the DLL but in at least some cases left calls to them in the Python. I'm investigating still, but if you are seeing long turn times check your Python error logs and see if you are getting Python errors...

Edit - ok - I think I've ruled out that theory (put all the removed functions back, just set to return 0 unconditionally). Net position is:

SVN is currently utterly broken so far as I can tell, and the cause is Python errors that I cannot diagnose (I really don't know much about Python I'm afraid). Until the Python errors are fixed (whatever is causing them) the SVN will ne unusable. I have no idea what caused this, and no idea what to do about it. Someone who understands the Python should take a look and see if they can see a reason for your Python errors.

Note - it doesn't seem to be happening in all games - the save you (SO) posted does it very markedly, but my own current game does not seem to be affected.

16. strategyonly

OK just looked and it seems if you do a python change it re-loads when playing, but then as you say, it misses some of it for some reason?? Thats all i can think of, i changed the HeroicII.py and it re-installed all the modules per python. (at least it said it did).:crazyeye:

But from the looks, i believe its back to normal, but my GA (Golden Ages are now OUT of Control). It keeps raising the amount?? I guess i had better than put back the OLD Heroic II.py, edit: (OK committed).

17. JJOne

JJOne Prince

Am I supposed to see the nationality of enemy rogues in the log?
    Mali is my vassal if that helps.

Attached Files:

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Dang... yeah, you're right I shouldn't have done that. Sorry. Good to see its been largely ruled out as the source of trouble though.

19. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

In civpedia the game crashes when I hover over a leaderhead in the civs section and no leaderhead shows up in the leaderhead section. Note this is SVN v4830 or 31 or 32. I am not sure somewhere in there.

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Ok... I'll look into that right now.

EDIT: What specific traits game options might you have on or had on in your most recently loaded game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.