Post Feb 1st 2013 - bugs - Single Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debugger assertion going off on load - ADAPT_DEFAULT undefined. Having searched the XML it appears to be only referenced and never defined...
It is an ID that is defined by use (at certain places). Forgot to hide the assert in that call for getInfoTypeForString though. I'll fix that.

V28

Bandit Riders can move through enemy cities even if there are enemy units (archers/town watchman).

CTD when ending the turn (still the same save game as in my previous posts).

// Edit
v28

Reproduced and definitely a DLL bug. I hope to have a fix later today, but depends what time my wife gets home - I may time out until tomorrow...

Any way to work around that? Wouldn't want to abandon that game.

No way round it mid-game. Its a bug in opportunity fire (well at least triggered by opportunity fire, though it's actually quite subtle and could potentially be triggered by other things I suspect, though rarely). I don't think opp fire can be turned off mid game, and anyway I'll have affix for you tomorrow at latest...

Wait until tomorrow afternoon at worst. You do use the SVN, right?

No, not really, I try to play vanilla releases as much as possible as SVN changes seem to often disrupt or alter the game play. Not complaining about that, as that's what development versions are for, but I'd like to stay off of them if possible (which might not be the case here).

But if it's a bug in opportunity fire I may find a way around it. Can you be more specific where it happens (civ/unit type/maybe even city)?

I also remember that I was the target of opportunity fire in this game before, and there has been quite a lot of fighting going on recently over at the former Persian continent, so I'm a bit curious why it hasn't happened earlier. Might be a recently developed type of unit that's triggering it?

No, not really, I try to play vanilla releases as much as possible as SVN changes seem to often disrupt or alter the game play. Not complaining about that, as that's what development versions are for, but I'd like to stay off of them if possible (which might not be the case here).

But if it's a bug in opportunity fire I may find a way around it. Can you be more specific where it happens (civ/unit type/maybe even city)?

I also remember that I was the target of opportunity fire in this game before, and there has been quite a lot of fighting going on recently over at the former Persian continent, so I'm a bit curious why it hasn't happened earlier. Might be a recently developed type of unit that's triggering it?

Any opportunity fire that kills an entire stack, with AI units that are enemies of the killed stack nearby that an themselves A-bombard would be susceptible to it.

No way round it mid-game. Its a bug in opportunity fire (well at least triggered by opportunity fire, though it's actually quite subtle and could potentially be triggered by other things I suspect, though rarely). I don't think opp fire can be turned off mid game, and anyway I'll have affix for you tomorrow at latest...

Actually you can turn off Opportunity Fire in the RevDCM options screen. And it allowed me to successfully finish that turn.
And not that of a game breaker either, I hardly noticed it anyway in my games.

Thanks for explaining the issue. :)

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but at least it should be mentioned somewhere:
When I bribe an enemy city I receive a -19 penalty with other leaders for "Past events have proved your bad nature to us", wheras in the Civilopedia it only says that it "will heavily damage the relations with the former owner" (C2C Concepts/Advanced Espionage).
Now either this text is wrong or the penalty system doesn't work correctly. I would like to assume the latter, since I don't really see how bribing a city should affect other leader's attitude against me, especially if they were friendly/pleased before that, and the enemy party was the one that declared war on me (and we are still at war, so it shouldn't be much different to a "normal" city capture anyway).

The Rosetta Stone wonder no longer works. It provides culture and some great scientist points, but no longer opens up the language civics.

Vokaraya changed the Rosetta Stone wonder a while ago.

It no longer opens up the language civics but gives a boost on science to museums, anthropology labs and archaeology labs.
In addition museums get a culture boost.

So it works as intended but not as you used to be in former versions. ;)
This change was based on the consensus that opening the language civics was too much of an advantage for the owner of the Stone.

You might want to check the sevopedia from version to version. :D

I found some graphics missing, the Tarkan, hun culture unit.

If this is the case, then the rosetta stone itself does not list these bonuses. It just shows 6 culture and 2 scientist points, as well as double culture in 1000 years.

I'm experiencing some strange issues with the new Traits system. The game is crashing repeatedly upon trying to load TRAIT_LS612_PROGRESSIST (one of my new ones) with a NULL pointer dereference in CvTraitInfo::CopyNonDefaults(). It is always at the point that it trys to copy the m_paiLessYieldThresholds array non-defaults for that trait.

I've attached the modified source files (only the Enums.h for the gameoption) and the relavent XML for anyone who wants to try debugging this. To reproduce it build the DLL with the new enum, extract the Traits file to my module folder, and add the Traits folder to the MLF in my module. Then load the game with the new DLL.

I'm experiencing some strange issues with the new Traits system. The game is crashing repeatedly upon trying to load TRAIT_LS612_PROGRESSIST (one of my new ones) with a NULL pointer dereference in CvTraitInfo::CopyNonDefaults(). It is always at the point that it trys to copy the m_paiLessYieldThresholds array non-defaults for that trait.

I've attached the modified source files (only the Enums.h for the gameoption) and the relavent XML for anyone who wants to try debugging this. To reproduce it build the DLL with the new enum, extract the Traits file to my module folder, and add the Traits folder to the MLF in my module. Then load the game with the new DLL.

I'll take a look.

EDIT: Note that it might take me a little bit to sort out since you caught me in the middle of a merge and this requires a compile. If you take off the use of LessYieldThresholds, does it work fine or does it still crash on you?

I am using SVN v4863. When I try to press exit in civpedia with my mouse it will not exit. I must press the Esc key to do it. Also when techs pop up in game I cannot press the enter button with my mouse and must press enter instead.

Note this problem has only occurred in the last few updates, so it seems very new. I can click the buttons for the normal main menu choices. So its not every button.

I'm having the same issue. I can only use Esc or Enter to get of those, also the pedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom