Post Feb 1st 2013 - bugs - Single Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one problem with that: If one worker gets pillaged by a rogue outside of viewport, and you have lots of workers, you get no clue on the next turn where did that happen and where do you need to send dogs & replacement workers. Nice to have: nearest city in the text message: instead of "worker 61 was killed by..." to put "worker 61 near Montreal was killed by..."

Good idea. Not high on my priority list currently I'm afraid, but I DO like the suggestion...

V28

I have a city on a 4 tile island that is one coastal tile away from my main contenant, and is completely within my culture sphere.

The 'Hide Unconstructable Buildings' option is not turned on

I cannot build a Graveyard (or Mausoleum) in this city and have no idea why. The buttons don't even show up! In the picture below I filtered to health buildings (where they've showed up in all my other cities) to show more clearly, but the buttons for Graveyard & Mausoleum don't show up on the unfiltered list either.

I'm not sure if other building options are missing.

Either this is a bug (I presume) or the explanation of missing requirement(s) is not defined in the pedia.

I think they are never shown, and that is the way it should be. Please don't change that. Current case: I've just sent caravels on automatic ocean scouting, they are getting all kinds of animal attacks, and switching viewports on end turn would add 4-5 minutes to a turn time.

That is correct. Things that happen outside of the viewport still generate the text messages that scroll past and can be retrieved from the log, but do not cause a video-switch since that can be very time consuming on large maps.

4-5 minutes to a turn time? I guess it makes sense to keep it the way it is if that's what it's like later on.

Any suggestions on the other parts? In particular if a smaller mapsize might help, particularly with avoiding crashes, and if so, which map size?

Good idea. Not high on my priority list currently I'm afraid, but I DO like the suggestion...

What happens when you double click on a message line in the message journal and the event took place outside of the current viewport? Will it do nothing or does it center the viewport and map view on the plot where the event took place? I use this function alot without viewports to find where something in the message log took place and I'm curious if and how it is set to interact with viewports.

Started a new game on marathon, viewports and large map (I wanted to try a faster game). Its SVN v4907. I was in the city screen and I was going to move my worked tile from long grass to an elephant resource and then I got a CTD. Note that I have not seen ANY animals in this new game. However in an existing game I played earlier with the same SVN I saw animals spawn as normal. Here is the minidump.

Started a new game on marathon, viewports and large map (I wanted to try a faster game). Its SVN v4907. I was in the city screen and I was going to move my worked tile from long grass to an elephant resource and then I got a CTD. Note that I have not seen ANY animals in this new game. However in an existing game I played earlier with the same SVN I saw animals spawn as normal. Here is the minidump.

Minidump indicates a crash in the game engine not the DLL, so not much can be diagnosed from it I'm afraid. Is it reproducible from the auto-save if you try the same action?

Not sure if it's a C2C bug or a bug from vanilla Civ4
Unlike others advisor, Technology Advisor can spoil you and telle you about technology of all others civ, even those you have never met.

I've played several games with Realistic Culture Spread turned on. In each case, the moment I capture a city, realistic culture spread ceases functioning for that city, causing the newly-capture hamlet to put out such a broad culture spread that pretty soon it's dominating its region of the map.

Although this has happened consistently for several games, I've unfortunately deleted the save files of the previous occurrences, foolishly believing the problem to be a fluke. I do have the latest saved game, however (it is in a RAR archive due to CivFanatic's file size limitations):

View attachment Brennus BC-5271.rar

The city in question is Rome, which has just reached its third culture level.

I've been unable to determine which version I am running; there does not appear to be a readme file with that information readily available, and I can't recall from when I downloaded. I suspect it is v.27, though it may be v.28.

I am not getting them, I did update the SVN recently. They are still there in the Art\Buttons\Interface\... folders.

OK i just updated to currently SVN, and completely re-done yours and Hydro files and FPK, and i am still getting those PINK squares:confused::crazyeye:

They are not in those FPK files they are in the folder assets/art/interface/buttons/buildings and assets/art/interface/buttons/resources awaiting you putting them in the c2c.fpk at some time in the future.

Spoiler :
Is Someone Reverse Skimming My Accounts - It Doesn't Add Up.JPG

I'm sure the image speaks for itself, but it appears that some generous soul is paying my building maintenance for me. Either that, or due to not being able to add, my city thinks that 1.62 + 1.0 = 1.62. Can anyone tell me why, or is this really a bug?

Cheers.

(I'm playing download version 28.)

I'm sure the image speaks for itself, but it appears that some generous soul is paying my building maintenance for me. Either that, or due to not being able to add, my city thinks that 1.62 + 1.0 = 1.62. Can anyone tell me why, or is this really a bug?

Cheers.

(I'm playing download version 28.)

Looks like a bug -provide the save game please

You can find it in-game, by passing your mouse on your flag near mini-map

In that case, v.28.

Also, in addition to Realistic Culture Spread not working, I'm also still encountering the problem of Heroic II not needing Heroic I as a requirement -- meaning that any unit with Combat IV is eligible for the Heroic II promotion. It looked like this was mentioned as fixed on the earlier forums, but seeing as that was a v.27 bug thread and I'm running v.28, I thought I'd mention it.

A bug maybe lottle, maybe not.
The "Actuel" value of a building, in tthe building list or in a nit menu is not accurate.
With a snake, it says -1 :science: instead of 0 because I have litterature. Same with all myths.
In the Village Hall/City concil line (but some other too), the calculate gold malus is false : it dont take into account the replacement. Maintenance is the only effect like this, all thers are OK
The error is only on screen, on the "Actual" line, when built, everything is OK.

I said it may be not little, because if AI use this incorrect value, it can underestimate some building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom