Post Feb 1st 2013 - bugs - Single Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bug maybe lottle, maybe not.
The "Actuel" value of a building, in tthe building list or in a nit menu is not accurate.
With a snake, it says -1 :science: instead of 0 because I have litterature. Same with all myths.
In the Village Hall/City concil line (but some other too), the calculate gold malus is false : it dont take into account the replacement. Maintenance is the only effect like this, all thers are OK
The error is only on screen, on the "Actual" line, when built, everything is OK.

I said it may be not little, because if AI use this incorrect value, it can underestimate some building.

When you build them you get +1 so when they go obsolete you get -1 on the actual effect. +1-1=0.

When you build them you get +1 so when they go obsolete you get -1 on the actual effect. +1-1=0.

We are agree.
But the game is not. The "Actual" line is false. The calcul if I build the building is OK but not here. And I wonder if this not used by AI to know if it's good to build this building or not.

Attachments

• snake charmer.jpg
    snake charmer.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 89
So, I just loaded my game with the latest unmodified SVN and did a modifier recalc, and my budget went from +2000 :gold: to -4500 :gold:, mainly due to the fact that my income was cut in half. This was without any Tech Commerce Modifiers. Was there some intended change recently that would remove half of the gold by the early Renaissance, or is this a bug? Save attached.

So, I just loaded my game with the latest unmodified SVN and did a modifier recalc, and my budget went from +2000 :gold: to -4500 :gold:, mainly due to the fact that my income was cut in half. This was without any Tech Commerce Modifiers. Was there some intended change recently that would remove half of the gold by the early Renaissance, or is this a bug? Save attached.

I just changed from SVN 4859 to SVN 4918 and had a similar punch. My city maintenance jumped. I think there are lots of changes between these two SVN versions, but one thing I noticed, the cost of a School of Scribes went from <iCommerce>-3</iCommerce> to <iCommerce>-10</iCommerce> in SVN 4883 with a tweak by Hydro. It is twice as expensive as the Mathematics Academy, a more advanced science building. Is this a typo or is this intentional? (Assets\Modules\Hydro\Science\Science_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml)

I just changed from SVN 4859 to SVN 4918 and had a similar punch. My city maintenance jumped. I think there are lots of changes between these two SVN versions, but one thing I noticed, the cost of a School of Scribes went from <iCommerce>-3</iCommerce> to <iCommerce>-10</iCommerce> in SVN 4883 with a tweak by Hydro. It is twice as expensive as the Mathematics Academy, a more advanced science building. Is this a typo or is this intentional? (Assets\Modules\Hydro\Science\Science_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml)

But that wouldn't cut my income, that would increase expenses. :confused:

Something is WRONG in the TURN-times, ie: my turns stay on a certain # for building and doesNOT move, i have changed builds to no avail??

I changed it to a UNIT and it worked, but not for buildings??

EDIT: OK it was "kinda" working but it took 55 turns on MARATHON for what it said was only supposed to take 14 turns?? Somethings Buggy??

New game start - SVN 4920 No VP

@strategyonly

What are your leader traits? I think one has like really bad :hammers: so its almost impossible to build anything.

Also check in your city screen to see if your producing any :hammers: at all.

Note that units are produced by :food: I think, to that's why you could build units and not buildings.

EDIT: Are you Julius Caesar? I have found he has that problem of no production at the beginning of the game.

the cost of a School of Scribes went from <iCommerce>-3</iCommerce> to <iCommerce>-10</iCommerce> in SVN 4883 with a tweak by Hydro.

Ouch...
And a Wonder give Free School of Scribes (Temple of Toth? Not sure), we maybe need something to informe the player how many gold that can cost him...

EDIT
Strange bug : my cities having the max number of World Wonders can still build House of Wisdom... (SVN 4869)

Why then was School of Scribes made so expensive?

I had a CTD at the same spot in my game twice. I am using SVN v4920. Speed Marathon, Map Size Large and Viewports On.

Thanks - that dump spotlights an issue very precisely - I'll fix it as soon as I start on C2C today (late morning probably)

Rev 4923
In this savegame a Hunnic Warlord Chief causes the game to loop forever. Happens everytime I load the previous turn.

From the BBAI.log:
[13981.683] Unit Warlord Chief (491581) for player 46 (Hunnic Provisional Government) at (69,37) found work at (69,37) [to join 507953]
[13981.683] ...already at target plot - merging into requesting unit's group.

This is just one instance of thousands generated over time.

View attachment 344359

Rev 4923
In this savegame a Hunnic Warlord Chief causes the game to loop forever. Happens everytime I load the previous turn.

From the BBAI.log:
[13981.683] Unit Warlord Chief (491581) for player 46 (Hunnic Provisional Government) at (69,37) found work at (69,37) [to join 507953]
[13981.683] ...already at target plot - merging into requesting unit's group.

This is just one instance of thousands generated over time.

View attachment 344359

Probably related to Koshling's warlord AI update earlier this week.

Probably related to Koshling's warlord AI update earlier this week.

Haven't changed the warlord AI/ I changed the great commander AI. However, it looks like it does relate to AI changes a week or two ago to have attack stacks build more proactively. I'll look at the save and fix it if I can reproduce it on end turn from the provided save.

Edit - found the problem (it was with the earlier changes). Fix will be on the SVN later this afternoon.

Hellooo. i really love this mod but i when i updated it yesterday, it went fine until startup. it gave me the following error message
Failed Loading XML file
modules\Hydro\Promotions\Promotions_CIV4Promotionsinfo.xml
[.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML File-
File:
modules]Hydro\Promotions\Promotions_CIV4Promotionsinfo.xml
Reason: the element 'PromotionLine' is used
but not declared in the DTD/Schema

Line: 21,19
Source:
<PromotionLine>PROMOTIONLINE_MARTIAL_ARTS</PromotionLine>

sorry to take up your time but it would be really appreciated if you could help me.
Also, when i try to reload a saved game it loads fine but when i press
"Should the modifiers be recalculated?" the game will give me an error message saying "Non-Fatal
loading error
Current assests are missing in-use class BONUS_DYE
-any instances have been removed.

now, last bug, i swear.
in the game the notification bar up top is flooded with error messages, considerably slowing the games fps. it will say something like: Bug Options- Failed writing INI file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\UserSettings\Autolog.ini
\RoMSettings.ini
\DiplomacySettings.ini

thank you for your time

EDIT: solved the last problem, ignore it

The first issue is a bug. Not sure how that got created but it'd apparently relate to a recent change so should be fairly easy for the responsible party to resolve (make sure all schemas of that name in use throughout all the modular files are updated to the same schema - that seems to be the most common reason for such an error.)

The second issue is not a bug but a notification of a change that is quite normal. May impact the game but that's why you've been notified.

The third you said you fixed but for anyone else reading, usually is meaning you need to enable admin access for Civ.

sorry to take up your time but it would be really appreciated if you could help me.
Also, when i try to reload a saved game it loads fine but when i press
"Should the modifiers be recalculated?" the game will give me an error message saying "Non-Fatal
loading error
Current assests are missing in-use class BONUS_DYE
-any instances have been removed.

Dye was a map resource but was replaced by the map resources Indigo, Henna and Murex with a new manufactured bonus dye a few versions ago. Last version we removed the map resource.

The upshot is that your game can continue OK but you will not have dye or any of its buildings or benefits.

thank you, i should have been clearer about the second one though. after if gives me the notification the terrain disappears and there is a double copy of all my units and citys on the screen.
i'll put a screenshot up shortly

thank you, i should have been clearer about the second one though. after if gives me the notification the terrain disappears and there is a double copy of all my units and citys on the screen.
i'll put a screenshot up shortly

That's very weird, but I suspect if you save the game (AFTER the recalc) then reload it will probably be ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom