Post Feb 1st 2013 - bugs - Single Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you are already paying for that with city maintenance, civic upkeep, and unit costs. Any surplus can be invested in other stuff.

Even so why 100% science as the base line. Why can't I spend some of that surplus on culture and not be penalised for it?

Even so why 100% science as the base line. Why can't I spend some of that surplus on culture and not be penalised for it?

You aren't penalized. It is just that most playstyles focus entirely on science because that is more useful. But that balance point is not related to the too much/little gold argument.

You aren't penalized. It is just that most playstyles focus entirely on science because that is more useful..

If I inderstand well, it begins to be false wih the Leader Point and new trait system.
Focusing Culture, mainly at late Prehistoric/early ancien is a better choice than focusing Science.

In late Industrial and modern era, focusing Espionnage is a better choice : not a lot of building give Espionnage point, and more than 60% of your science come from buildings/civics/traits, not from yout commerce.

If I inderstand well, it begins to be false wih the Leader Point and new trait system.
Focusing Culture, mainly at late Prehistoric/early ancien is a better choice than focusing Science.

In late Industrial and modern era, focusing Espionnage is a better choice : not a lot of building give Espionnage point, and more than 60% of your science come from buildings/civics/traits, not from yout commerce.

Well yes, that was part of the point of the Developing Leader system. Whether or not that investment will pay off in the long run though is up for debate for now.

In the latest SVN I am being offered slave markets to build. The pedia entry says 'requires civics to be active' but no civic lists it, and the pedia entry doesn't say WHAT civic. Looking at the XML it seems the building is still set to require CIVIC_SLAVERY which I don't think exists any more (?). Should this building have been removed too, or its requirements changed?

C2C Modders:​

Here is a list of files that STILL carry the Civic Slavery, due to the fact NOW that it is outdated, someone will have to do the Event, sense Ori isn't around??? The LAST one is all the Text files that carry the words Civic Slavery and should be deleted if NOT needed, thx.

See attached for what i could find.:eek:

This may be a bug just on my setup as I've seen no one else report it on V28. If I press F7 or the praying hands to get info on Religion, all I see is a picture of plans for pyramid design. Nothing else until I hit "cancel" at which time two windows with no information appear and then I can do nothing. I have to hit some other "F" key to get another screen and then exit.

I'm deep (several hundred turns) into a game where I've never been able to assign a State Religion. I have been the only character on my "continent" for centuries, have one religion (until recently) but can't make it or the one recently found my religion as the screen does nothing. I'm reasonably confident that if this were happening to others I would a have seen complaints.

As a religious aside, not bug related, how can one take advantage of a religion that you've traded for? It seems that although I presumably have received a new religion via trading, none of my cities actually has it and I can do nothing to create missionaries, monasteries, etc.? How is this properly handled?

If the answer to these questions is obvious, forgive me, as I have had two drinks called Winter Frisbies which are surprisingly tasty and delightfully powerful (if you're safely at home and going nowhere)

In the latest SVN I am being offered slave markets to build. The pedia entry says 'requires civics to be active' but no civic lists it, and the pedia entry doesn't say WHAT civic. Looking at the XML it seems the building is still set to require CIVIC_SLAVERY which I don't think exists any more (?). Should this building have been removed too, or its requirements changed?

I am moving the Slave Market building out of core for now, while I work on them.

This may be a bug just on my setup as I've seen no one else report it on V28. If I press F7 or the praying hands to get info on Religion, all I see is a picture of plans for pyramid design. Nothing else until I hit "cancel" at which time two windows with no information appear and then I can do nothing. I have to hit some other "F" key to get another screen and then exit.

I'm deep (several hundred turns) into a game where I've never been able to assign a State Religion. I have been the only character on my "continent" for centuries, have one religion (until recently) but can't make it or the one recently found my religion as the screen does nothing. I'm reasonably confident that if this were happening to others I would a have seen complaints.

As a religious aside, not bug related, how can one take advantage of a religion that you've traded for? It seems that although I presumably have received a new religion via trading, none of my cities actually has it and I can do nothing to create missionaries, monasteries, etc.? How is this properly handled?

If the answer to these questions is obvious, forgive me, as I have had two drinks called Winter Frisbies which are surprisingly tasty and delightfully powerful (if you're safely at home and going nowhere)

You need to change your religion civic to one that allows a state religion.

You can't trade religions only religion techs and there is no point in paying for them either.;)

I have not played enough C2C in the last months to judge that well.

What gold and science percent modifiers do you expect to be in a city that builds this?

If your research slider is anywhere but at 100%, you can convert gold to research MUCH more efficiently by raising it than by building the School of Scribes at its current cost. The research slider gives research for gold at better than a one-for-one conversion rate - at least it does for me at present (117:science: for 92:gold:).

So, when I started writing this, I was agreeing with TB. :D

However, the slider (again for me at present) only progresses in increments of around 100 gold. So you can be rolling in dough at 95% and going out backwards at 100. :mischief: Therefore (failing miserably to cut a long story short) the building is worth having for (inefficiently) buying some extra research while keeping your budget deficit under control.

Don't forget (of course you won't) that (if I'm not mistaken) the gold cost and beaker output of the building are both affected by any modifiers applying to the city.

You need to change your religion civic to one that allows a state religion.

You can't trade religions only religion techs and there is no point in paying for them either.;)

My Religion is State Church -- surely that should allow me to select a religion. Nonetheless, F7 just gives me the map and has two empty windows when I hit cancel.

You certainly are allowed to assume that you have just traded religions when a trade in them is offered and accepted. It would seem they should not even be allowed to appear as tradeable if that is the intent.

My Religion is State Church -- surely that should allow me to select a religion. Nonetheless, F7 just gives me the map and has two empty windows when I hit cancel.

I think a screenshot and save may be necessary to figure that one out.

You certainly are allowed to assume that you have just traded religions when a trade in them is offered and accepted. It would seem they should not even be allowed to appear as tradeable if that is the intent.

They are the techs not religions, they are listed in the tech list, and they are part of tech trading. Some lead to other techs so need to be traded, perhaps the dead end ones could be made not tradeable.

Rev 4938:
All new Politic civics except 'Post-Labor' invoke 1631580% inflation which makes the game unplayable after a few turns with massive negative income.

View attachment 344497

EDIT: This is probably because in all these cases the line is <iInflation></iInflation> instead of giving any value.

C2C Modders:​

Here is a list of files that STILL carry the Civic Slavery, due to the fact NOW that it is outdated, someone will have to do the Event, sense Ori isn't around??? The LAST one is all the Text files that carry the words Civic Slavery and should be deleted if NOT needed, thx.

See attached for what i could find.:eek:

I can try to get #2 and #7. Do you know what building #7 was?

EDIT: Nevermind looks like DH already got them. Thanks DH!

EDIT: This is probably because in all these cases the line is <iInflation></iInflation> instead of giving any value.
May well be. Giving a default negative like this can mean 'any result' which pretty much amounts to any random number from the lowest extent of an Integer to the highest extent of an Integer. XML like this should be not only avoided but stamped out when found. More proper to simply leave the line as <iInflation/>.

May I just confirm that in my game which I have just updated to SVN 4939 my gold per turn went from + 108 to -8101 and then the following turn to -61354 , which means a very short game now as I have only 41000 or so in the Treasury.

The expenditure screen shows inflation amount of 58842 gold per turn and is 1631590%.

Luckily I keep 3 C2C versions so I can revert to an earlier SVN and continue.

DavidR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom