1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Postmortem on Mueller

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Birdjaguar, May 4, 2019.

1. Old Hippy

Old Hippy Deity

the flash drive 'theory ' has to do with the fact all the DNC emails released from wikileaks were downloaded at the same time and the meta data shows timestamps and a download speed that could not be reproduced from 4-5 European counties.. where tests were carried out... as for one being used and you not hearing about it, I refer you to your own post... directly above this one :mischief:

brennan said:
    Having gained access, malware was uploaded (presumably from something simple like a flash drive) to enable an encrypted outside connection. Encrypted as in secure, even from the NSA.

I was not replying to you but brennan's take on things... and commenting on a simpler now widespread alternate theory that the emails were leaked by an insider(probably a Bernie bro) and given to wikileaks

2. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

I realized you were replying to Brennan.

3. Old Hippy

Old Hippy Deity

so you had heard about the flash drive...

4. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Another drone in the hive mind

I always love it when someone starts talking about a "widespread theory." It illuminates just how many dingbats there are on the right.

Lexicus likes this.
  5. Old Hippy

Old Hippy Deity

probably about the same number as on the left... that's my theory... after waiting for Mueller to pull the magical white rabbit out of the rabbit hole he went down

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  6. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Another drone in the hive mind

He who laughs last didn't get the post.

Old Hippy likes this.
  7. brennan

brennan Argumentative Brit

Again. The network was accessed directly using stolen credentials, according to the report. Thus someone had physical access to a computer on the network (it seems like a group of people managed to obtain several logins in fact including IT administrators with full network access) and then downloaded malware. I merely speculate that his was done via flash drive since the account of the malware being uploaded precedes any suggestion in the report that a connection beyond the DCCC and DNC networks occurred and the report specifically states that it was the malware that enabled the encrypted external connection.

8. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

This one is about Assange. Maybe the core issue is the illegality of what was revealed, not so much how it was revealed.

9. adcarrymaokai

adcarrymaokai Emperor

The Mueller report is basically "her emails" for the liberals. Nothing was ever going to come out of it and nothing ever will. But the libs will stage musicals, have support groups over the report disappointment, publish books, and do other silly things instead of any meaningful political action.

American liberals are only good for hashtag activism on Twitter and nothing else, sadly.

El_Machinae likes this.
  10. innonimatu

innonimatu Deity

What was the source, and where is the evidence stored, that can back these these claims? That is the issue with the report.

11. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

A better Occam's razor is that you don't know what you're talking about. Malware is inserted so that the attacker has time to look around to find whatever information is stolen. A flash drive would require knowing where the files are before starting the exfiltration.

I understand that you're trying to be skeptical. But you crossed the line into unreasonable. You would have been able to think of this answer had it been about a different case, and not the DNC.

12. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The trees are actually quite lovely.

Eh, they're better than that, but the realignment has been unkind on them. Trending towards libertinism philosophically is not strength. The little militiamen at least have some chops even if their eyesight is poor. They might make themselves into something useful when they get over the hormonal shock of their balls dropping.

El_Machinae likes this.
  13. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Quoted for truth, also because this line is widely applicable and I expect to deploy it in future