Project SYNTHESIS

I can't build holy offices with the current SVN version. I could with .2 version.
Decaying resources are broken on marathon (and epic too, I think). The available amount increases 3 times as it should, but the units used per turn also increases 3 times.

I just find that the decaying resources are a little annoying overall. The decaying resources killed my ancient North African cities and robbed me of the only few food resources I had :sad:

:agree:
The AI will also get the extra resources, so I do not see why the extra resources are unbalanced.

And one more "agreed" :) I've stopped playing this because of that, the thing with decaying ressourses - a shame, as a lot of the other new stuff seems like nice additions and changes.

All right guys, lol. By popular vote, I'll try to add an option in the future. For the time being, I will disable them altogether (as of next release).

:goodjob: that should make the mod even better.

Guys, I was playing around with independent city spawns and to my surprise they worked very well. Here is a list of indies you should definitely add:
Warsaw: Stops the ahistorical German expantion to the East. (couldnt add Krakow as it is too close to Vienna and budapest)
Copenhagen: It prevents the Vikings from founding ahistorical cities in Mainland Europe but the beauty is that the Vikings still conquer Kopenhagen at the end.
Berlin: Now you might think Adding Berlin might seem a bit too deterministic but you have to think ahead. Sometime in the future, the Prussians will be added and it is essential that Berlin flips to them instead of some ahistorical or crappy city founded by HRE.
Budapest: A very important city that will stop German expansion in the east early in the game and will eventually get conquered by germany late in the game which is perfect.

Other Cities that you might want to Consider:
Lyon: A very important French city that can be just by doing some minor resource tweaks.
St. Petersburg: It does not get founded half the time as Russia. On a historical note, this is the best way to represent Russia. Anyways Russia tends to found crappy cities.

All of these changes will require u to tweak the amount of settlers civs get at spawn and if u guys want I can upload the files for these changes

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 209
  • Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 133
Independent Warsaw should be Warszawa.

What the map needs in Eastern Europe, is to get larger, to fit Warsaw, Budapest and other cities there correctly. Specially since the HRE needs space there. Western Europe is enlarged, but Eastern Europe is not. I know that it might be impossible to shift all of Europe altogether, but adding some tiles (at the expense of the Adriatic and Black Seas) could make it work.
There's 1 tile on the Adriatic that can be added on Croatia's coast without touching Italy. Also, there are about 4 tiles that should be added on the Romanian/Bulgarian coast, and Istanbul's tile should be moved one space south.
Well, just my opinion, when I'm playing with one of the civs near that area I usually add those tiles with the World Editor and it looks better, and works better.

@ Ozqar: I think ur ur idea for the black sea is spot on as even with some tile reductions the map looks natural but Adriatic Sea i dont think would work; its only one tile though

@ Linkman: How's the progress, any release dates. And do u want me to upload the files for Indie cities i mentioned?

Since we're on the topic of map changes...

Spoiler :

J/K I know it's never going to happen...

Since we're on the topic of map changes...

Spoiler :

J/K I know it's never going to happen...

Ah yes, I've been thinking of this for a while. Will add. I also have to figure out a way to make coal and oil based ships have to end their turn in a city, thereby making Pacific islands many times more advantageous strategically, just like in real life..

So yes it is going to happen

@ Ozqar: I think ur ur idea for the black sea is spot on as even with some tile reductions the map looks natural but Adriatic Sea i dont think would work; its only one tile though

@ Linkman: How's the progress, any release dates. And do u want me to upload the files for Indie cities i mentioned?

Truth be told, progress has largely halted. Studies are getting in the way. Hang on guys! This week is the last before April break... April break should see some progress. Sorry, blame it on public schooling and the cursed exams known as AP's lol.

Ah yes, I've been thinking of this for a while. Will add. I also have to figure out a way to make coal and oil based ships have to end their turn in a city, thereby making Pacific islands many times more advantageous strategically, just like in real life..

So yes it is going to happen

:bowdown: YAY! I always hated how Hawaii was represented as a barely habitable series of rocky crags with no whales, coffee, or sugar, especially as these were defining resources that dramatically shaped Hawaii's history. Now maybe it'll actually be worth settling :D

Now about that Jordan River...

In the Middle East, the region that needs to be expanded are Syria and the Levant. The most likely way to expand this area would be to reduce the size of Turkey and the Mediterranean.

In the Middle East, the region that needs to be expanded are Syria and the Levant. The most likely way to expand this area would be to reduce the size of Turkey and the Mediterranean.

I dunno. Anatolia could use a slight enlargement.

Top Bottom