Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

Seems like, see here.

Zdarg likes this.
  2. Karpyan

Karpyan Chieftain

Ok, I am going to add some new points to this. The expiry of the friendship did indeed permit me to go to war and I duly took Bolivar's capital in 4 turns although loyalty will be a problem. He had eliminated The Netherlands who longer exist but still retains their original capital Amsterdam. I thought it was enough to take his capital to automatically get the Dutch capital as it were, but now it seems I also need to take each original capital, so also need to take Amsterdam from him, Please can someone confirm re vanquished Civs. In other words, the question is: (i) I hold the original capitals of all currently remaining Civs in the game. Is that sufficient for a win?; or (ii) I must hold the capital of every Civ that started the game, regardless of whether they ceased to exist during the game. I always thought (i) but this suggests (ii).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  3. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I want to play a multiplayer game against two friends. I live here, they live far away. They live together and have one computer and I have one of my own as well.

Can we do this? They would use the same computer a la hot seat and I would use my PC the usual way. How do we do this? Or is it not possible?

We have legal copies of civ5 and civ6 and are willing to play whichever game allows us to do this. If the vanilla game doesn't let you do this, are there mods that would?

edit: So I've done some more digging and it seems like the only way to do this is send a save file back and forth? What the hell? How is this functionality not in the vanilla game? Did somebody forget to implement it? Looks like we're going to make use of that Giant Multiplayer Robot thing, unless there's other ideas

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  4. Zdarg

Zdarg Prince

No. You need all capitals of all civs that ever existed in your game.

5. vladisimo

vladisimo Chieftain

Anyone knows where to find the civics.xml file ? It just isn't in the Civilization 6 folder from My documents and I have no ideea where else to search for it.

6. Laurana Kanan

vladisimo likes this.
  7. JJOne

JJOne Prince

Maybe the explanation is easier? If for example a market gets damaged by a storm or volcano, the number of traders becomes larger than the number of possible routes. So that trader sits until a route becomes available.

8. Dedrytus

Dedrytus Warlord

Hello,
    do you know if there is possibility to disable rock bands sound? In my current game India and France are producing enormous amounts of them and every turn I hear something like 6 or 7 concerts. If they do not stop I will send the nukes ;-)

9. fsuscotsman

fsuscotsman Chieftain

I got NFP last week and the only way to start a game is to disable every mod I have. Is there a way to tell if a mod will work with NFP? Do any mods work with NFP?

10. Laurana Kanan

There are plenty that work. Best bet is to check each individual mod page for compatibility with the newest update. Other than that, trial and error by enabling a couple at a time. Also, it's a good idea to check the game logs for errors while doing this.
    In-game there's no setting that would disable those sounds only. I seem to recall someone created a mod, or at least a concept, at some point to do that though. You might do some Google Fu and search here and Steam and see if something turns up.

11. fsuscotsman

fsuscotsman Chieftain

Thanks for the reply!! What should I be looking for in the logs? I only started using mods lately. Late to the game since I've been playing since Civ1.

12. Rokmo

Rokmo Chieftain

What is the calculation/coefficient for harvest yield by era (also, I assume it's world era)?

13. paperhero2

paperhero2 Chieftain

I am playing Peter civ 6 and don't see how to develop coast squares. I can't buy fishing boats even though I have sailing researched.

14. criZp

criZp Emperor

You use builders for that, the same way you build farms on land. It's a little change form civ 5.

15. Laurana Kanan

In the Database log look for anything with "ERROR", which will tell you what the problem is. If there is something, you can then cross reference the time stamp to an entry in the Modding log to determine the file where the error is occurring.

16. Lordeus

Lordeus Chieftain

17. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

I Civ 6 you should always go for infinite city sprawl. As Japan, a packed infinite city sprawl. I would put a city there.

However, there is no competition for that spot so use your settler to claim new lands elsewhere and then settle the spot later when all other land is claimed.

18. Lordeus

Lordeus Chieftain

I got it. Thanks for advice!

19. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

If you click on the settler unit and then hover the mouse over the spot and if you get a lot of thumbs up then do it. You can even check other places where you can get the thumbs up and then you can build a city on those places if they have more thumbs up.

20. Lordeus

Lordeus Chieftain

yeah, the game also advises to put a city there when i click on the settler, i just thought this place might be too small. But after ur comments I understand that this is ok, it can be placed in this kind of spots too.