1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

Yes, from the most part at least. I did for sure once get +1 for adjacency to another player's Government Plaza. Generally it seems the devs wanted this to be as clear as possible, and the adjacency is disconnected from borders political. You should even get the Feudalism and Replaceable Parts benefits off foreign Farms.

2. Time Tested

Time Tested Chieftain

How many Amenities does a 1-pop city end up using? Does it always use at least a full luxury if there are no other local sources (e.g. policies/EC/improvements)? I have been trying out playing with fewer cities lately but still need to occasionally grab more land to gain strategic or luxury resources, so wondering how to minimize the amenities hit for that.

3. clapyourhands

clapyourhands Prince

Not a gameplay question, but does anyone know why Brussels gives a wonder-building bonus? I know it has the Atominium, but I'm not sure if it's a well-known enough wonder to make Brussels the wonder-building CS. Especially considering that it's probably much more well-known as a city for diplomatic and financial endeavors.

4. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

When designing these bonuses, you can either design something that makes sense in consistency of gameplay even If you just slap random name on it, or something that makes sense realistically in connection to its name but feels like random benefit. If you have in mind benefits like +X% Prod towards District and +X% Prod towards Projects from CS, then you come with +X% Prod towards Wonders and you need to slap some CS on it, rather than having in mind specific CS and designing bonus unique to who they are. I'd guess Brussels was simply the case were the benefit came before the CS. Or maybe there's deeper connection, but I wouldn't know one.

5. clapyourhands

clapyourhands Prince

Thanks for the response. I guess I thought that even if the effect came first, they still specifically chose Brussels for a reason, since the other CSs seem to have some connection to their bonuses and there were plenty of other cities that would've made sense for a world wonder-building bonus (ie: a city that actually has a famous world wonder).

6. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Does anyone know how to take a screenshot in Civ 6? I've played this game for around 2 years, and I still cannot figure out how to take a screenshot. :p

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  7. Buktu

Buktu Warlord

If you have the steam version its F12.

8. Duke William of Normandy

Ahhh... Thanks.. :)

Buktu likes this.
  9. auximenes77

auximenes77 Chieftain

SHIFT+PrintScrn, open an image editor like Paint, CTRL+V.

10. Duke William of Normandy

Thanks. :)

11. Crimean Lord

Crimean Lord Warlord

Hi everyone :cool:
    I'm found very strange bug in Civ-6 Gathering STORM (perhaps is not bug - but I never seen it before)
    I need 999 turns for all type of production

Attached Files:

12. Buktu

Buktu Warlord

Check the loyalty. It should be very low so your citizens are starting to riot and don't work anylonger (and thus producing no yields for example production at all).

13. Vargas1

Vargas1 Warlord

I have a question about Choral Music and warfare - I'm in a game where I just captured two cities (including the holy city) of a religion with Choral Music as its follower belief (I have not founded a religion and all religions have been founded). I had pillaged the shrine and holy site in before capturing, but not the other. After taking them over, I am not receiving the culture for shrines in either city. I also have eliminated the civ who founded the religion. Is there any way to get the culture effect for myself, or am I just screwed at this point? And is this a bug or something intended in connection with religion and warfare?

14. Crimean Lord

Crimean Lord Warlord

Great Idea: perhaps influence of England (which have Golden Age spoil my sity's Loyalty:)

15. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

Repair the shrines then

16. auximenes77

auximenes77 Chieftain

That sequence should work in almost every game/program.

PiR and Duke William of Normandy like this.
  17. PiR

PiR Prince

Why SHIFT?
    Just PrintScrn works for me.
    Also if you play with Steam, you can assign a shortcut (default F12) and it will save the image as a file. This way, no need to open 10 Paint if you want to take 10 screenshots.

18. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

There are numerous ways (in Windows 10, but earlier Windows versions as well) to capture screen content. The main PrintScrn options are:
    • PrntScrn key (copies image of the whole screen (including any visible Screentips and any visible right-click context menu) to clipboard)
    • Ctrl+PrntScrn (copies image of the whole screen (including any visible right-click context menu) to clipboard)
    • Alt+PrntScrn (copies image of the active window (without visible Screentips or right-click context menu) to clipboard)
    You can also use Windows Key+PrintScrn (screen will briefly go dim to indicate that you've just taken a screenshot, which is saved to your Pictures > Screenshots folder), Alt+Windows Key+PrintScrn (same but just an image of the active window), or the Windows Snip & Sketch tool (Windows Key + Shift + S, which allows you to drag your cursor to define a screen area for capture, image sent to clipboard).

There are a bunch of other options (e.g., using the old Windows Snipping tool, remapping the PrintScrn key to fire up the Windows Snipping tool, using the Windows Game Bar), but the above should suffice for most folks.

19. auximenes77

auximenes77 Chieftain

I'm old-school, so if the option you want is above another on the same key then you press SHIFT to get to it. I don't think it works in all programs and apps if you don't use the SHIFT key.

20. Time Tested

Time Tested Chieftain

Do I need to build railroads in cities? Or do they automagically count as a railroad tile if there is an adjacent railroad?