I learned in a Twitch stream yesterday that the source of the mouse wheel problem is a bug in the mod "Sukritact's simple UI adjustments". We will have to wait for an update or deactivate the mod for the time being.

Has anybody built a complete tech tree document, for instance linking up techs -> districts -> buildings -> units? I thought I saw something like that on the forum earlier but now I can't find it, or I might have misunderstood a thread title.

Which game mechanic gives me +1 culture on desert floodplains tiles (wonder/religion/other?)? I have expanded my empire and somehow cannot find the reason for this one culture yield.

Which game mechanic gives me +1 culture on desert floodplains tiles (wonder/religion/other?)? I have expanded my empire and somehow cannot find the reason for this one culture yield.
I think it’s from religion when using the religion expanded mod… I’ve recently installed it and used that belief IIRC

***EDIT: Actually that was wrong... it's from TERRA MIRABILIS mod... a natural wonder named Lencois Maranhenses gives this bonus... sorry !

Last edited:
I'm new to Civ 6. What's the largest size and most realistically accurate Earth map available in all the mods done for Civ 6 so far? Especially if I want to put 40-50 Civs in a game?

I'm new to Civ 6. What's the largest size and most realistically accurate Earth map available in all the mods done for Civ 6 so far? Especially if I want to put 40-50 Civs in a game?
In addition to this question, is there a way to conduct proxy wars in Civ 6? For example, in Civ V you could always gift units to a City state or to another Civilization in the game. Is there anything that can be done in support of a friend similar to this without actually declaring war on the 3rd civ?

Gift resources? Less officially, you can form unit walls to prevent the advance of units. Form a ring around key positions, and enemies can't do anything...without DoWing.

Units can't be gifted. You can gift the gold a d resources ti build them, which is only really effective for real players. I'm not sure if the AI will connect the dots and rush units with it.

How do you make the most of Reyna's Forestry Management ability? Does the the un-improved tile actually have to be worked by a citizen in the city, or does it function passively and give you the gold for every tile within that city's borders (that is unimproved)? The Civlopedia description seems to make it look simpler than it is, because I tried it and my gold per turn only went up very by like 3 gold. I'm playing as Bull Moose Teddy Roosevelt, so I have a lot of cities wtih unimproved tiles, and I'm wondering if this promotion is the right one to choose. I just need to know how it works to maximize it's effectiveness.

Anyone know how to best use Reyna and her Forestry Management promotion in Gathering Storm?

How do you make the most of Reyna's Forestry Management ability? Does the the un-improved tile actually have to be worked by a citizen in the city, or does it function passively and give you the gold for every tile within that city's borders (that is unimproved)? The Civlopedia description seems to make it look simpler than it is, because I tried it and my gold per turn only went up very by like 3 gold. I'm playing as Bull Moose Teddy Roosevelt, so I have a lot of cities wtih unimproved tiles, and I'm wondering if this promotion is the right one to choose. I just need to know how it works to maximize it's effectiveness.

Anyone know how to best use Reyna and her Forestry Management promotion in Gathering Storm?
It applies the Gold directly to the tile yield, so those tiles need to be worked for you to get the bonus. Also, this is how nearly all yield bonuses to a specific tile feature or terrain work.

I had a frigate bombard an enemy encampment and it seemed to do not much damage (advanced enemy, against my even tech leveled locals it is good), and then on the next turn it 1 showed the frigate.

From memory it had about 90 as its power, does this all seem right? And if so what the best naval strat for dealing with these behemoths

Best to avoid Encampments unless you are using artillery or battleships. I usually attack just out of range of them toward a different city and then come in behind the Encampment city from the opposite side of the Encampment.

Is there a diplomatic penalty if you raze a free city? (A city that rebelled from an opponent Civ to become independent, and then you conquer it, then raze it.) Do you take a hit for razing a Free City?

Is there a diplomatic penalty if you raze a free city? (A city that rebelled from an opponent Civ to become independent, and then you conquer it, then raze it.) Do you take a hit for razing a Free City?
I don't know the answer to that specifically, but since it's related I can tell you there's no diplomatic penalty for taking a capital by loyalty. I did that in my last game, and even the civ whose capital I took was completely fine with it. So I would guess that there is not.

I just tested this and you do not generate grievances for razing a free city. If I understand the mechanic correctly, you only generate grievances if someone has an interest in the city taken/razed. Obviously, conquering a city from someone generates grievances, same as attacking a city-state some is suzerain of, but, from my understanding, conquering a city-state that no one has sent any envoys to shouldn't generate grievances.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the answers guys. I really do appreciate it. I'm still learning the fine details of the game. I think I'm improving fast. But I still have a few more questions...

1.How do you use Privateers correctly? Every time I try to use them, it tells me it would trigger a war, and even when I am at war, I have not figured out how to do a "coastal raid". What's a Privateer for? And what's the point of building them if using them will trigger a war?

2. Ever since I downloaded the latest update of Steam and Civ 6, my game interface language has been all bugged up. My language is set to English, but yet some descriptions (like 1 of Reyna's governor abilities, as well as the Wold Congress/UN) is in a totally different language. It's like I see things in English in some screens, and others I see it in Spanish (and some in what looks like potentially Portugese.) Has this language hybrid bug happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it so it always shows in English consistently in every text?

1.How do you use Privateers correctly? Every time I try to use them, it tells me it would trigger a war, and even when I am at war, I have not figured out how to do a "coastal raid". What's a Privateer for? And what's the point of building them if using them will trigger a war?
If you aren't at war, Privateers are good for clearing coastal barb camps and pickup up coastal tribal villages. You can also go to war with someone not near you simply to pillage their coast line as well, if you want. It can be very profitable in the right circumstances. You can also coastal raid civilian units.

There is a button on the unit interface that looks like a torch that is pillage tile button. Privateers have two, one for a regular pillage and one for coastal raids.

building off of what InsidiousMage said, make sure when you're trying to use the coastal raid on a tile that your privateer is directly adjacent to the tile you want to pillage, your privateer has at least 3 movement points remaining (it costs 3 movement points to pillage in general), and there's no cliff in the way (cliffs obstruct coastal raids)

Top Bottom