Civ6 is a different game than Civ4, full stop. Yes, combat is different, but so is diplomacy, trade routes, espionage, and planning your cities. It has a bunch of new civs to play, city states to interact with, and new ways to win. Yes, it's a bargain in the Steam sale. Unlike Civ5, building lots of cities is not punished but it is the preferred way to win.

The ideas are great and if they fixed some key issues, I'd call it a great game.

As it is, there are several issues that they have not fixed. Most particular, is a bug with the AI that makes them hyper focused on Science. They get really advanced tech early, but that costs a lot and tied with the fact that they don't bother building any economic infrastructure, because everything must go to science, they go broke. As a result, their army disbands, and the AI just dies part way through the game.

Therefore I can't in good conscience recommend this game. It's pretty hard in the beginning of each game, but get past certainly 100 turns and it becomes a Civ builder game. If you don't mind that, then go for it. I've lost hope that they'll bother fixing it now, so don't buy it in hopes of change.

Is there a way to get to AI civ's to go to peace with each other?

Merge with the sand trout and have them follow the golden path!

Is there a way to get to AI civ's to go to peace with each other?
No. But your question made me think that it sure would be fascinating if there were a mechanic that allowed civs to mediate two other civs that are at war with each other.

Is there a way to download a collection from steam for the epic games version, if not, could you drop a link to this collection (Awesome civilization VI mods).
P.S sorry for the mistakes I don't speak English well.

Hi everyone! How do you "let the trader units move" before skipping to the next turn?
context: Normally, you 1) move your units, 2) click "next turn", at which point the "automated/programmed units" move, which includes traders (and units you've ordered to go somewhere in the past).
When a trader is about to create a road on a tile I'm about to use with a unit, I can usually right-click the end of turn button to get to the "very end of the turn, but not skip to the next turn yet". That way, the traders move, and I get to move my units and use the road just created.
For some reason, now when I right-click the end of turn button, it does actually skip directly to the next turn. Any idea? Thanks!

The reason why it paused before is likely because you had units that had no orders. The game would process all the automated stuff (eg traders, units with orders that last multiple turns, etc), then get to the units without orders and ask for your input.

I'm unaware of how to have the game just stop at that point using options. You could just have a unit without orders (the one that is about to use the newly formed road for instance) at the end of the turn. It should do all the automated stuff, including moving the trader, and then give you the option to give that unit orders to use it.

Thanks for the reply! When I reach that point, having just a unit without orders left to move, the "!" button still shows since the AI waits for me to move it... How do I tell it "you still have no orders for now, but you will get orders before the next turn!"? :dunno:

Dunno on PC. I play.on Switch, and if I open notifications then close it, it gets rid of the exclamation mark. Sorry, maybe a PC player can help?

I don’t believe there is a difference between right and left clicking the next turn button.

the game will go and execute the next turn when all units have orders, but… sometimes a unit will NOT be able to COMPLETE it’s orders. When that happens, the game will pause is next turn execution to allow for the player to revise his orders. Most common reason for that is you gave a multi-turn move command to a unit and the destination tile is now occupied by another unit, because the game resolves multi-turn moves when the next turn is executed. If THAT happens, then you will be able to see the result of your traders moves, yes.

As I said. I do not believe there is a way to force the game to stop next turn execution automatically.

Thanks! Maybe this ability to get the trader(s) to move before my other units was not meant to be? Possibly enabled by some mod? (CQUI?) I don't understand what happened to no longer allow me to do it, but it always worked, even when there were no such multi-turn or non-executable orders. Hmm...

I bought a Nau from a barbarian clan while playing as Hungary. It has 2 build charges, but I dont think it can make Feitorias in locations that would be valid (if I was playing Portugal) or anywhere else. Is this a known issue? I have a lot of mods going so something might have effected that

Hey guys, latecomer to this game. WTP is a friggin masterpiece of coding!

One thing that annoys the bejeezus out of me: how do I stop the AI from automatically rearranging the workers as it pleases? Sometimes it'll override my decision and say, stick a lumberjack in the armory and when it gets into this rut the only way around this is by pulling every one off the roster and then putting them back in where they belong. I see there's a lock over their heads which I suspect has something to do with this but clicking on it doesn't do anything.

The lock on the head means that it is locked in place and the ai can't move it.
So when you click on for example that lumber mill the ai will remove the pop from a tile and lock that pop on the lumber mill. If you then click that pop icon you unlock it allowing the ai to move it again at his discretion. So once you move and lock it don't click it again until you are ready for you or the ai to assign it a new tile.

The lock on the head means that it is locked in place and the ai can't move it.
So when you click on for example that lumber mill the ai will remove the pop from a tile and lock that pop on the lumber mill. If you then click that pop icon you unlock it allowing the ai to move it again at his discretion. So once you move and lock it don't click it again until you are ready for you or the ai to assign it a new tile.
Here, attached is a screenshot with both locked and unlocked workers. Clicking the builing does nothing except make the building jiggle a bit up and down.

Imo this is an awkward UI implementation anyway. This should be a global setting in the options menu (should the AI to control your workers [YES/NO]?)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 17
I don't think that screenshot is from civ 6?
Did you possibly get on the wrong forum when you wanted one of the older versions of civilization?

My bad - so sorry about this. I just Googled some keywords related to Colonization (a DLC for Civ4!) without checking if the forum was actually appropriate for the question. Turns out I had an account already (I do have Civ6 too)

My bad - so sorry about this. I just Googled some keywords related to Colonization (a DLC for Civ4!) without checking if the forum was actually appropriate for the question. Turns out I had an account already (I do have Civ6 too)
No problem this site has a civ 4 colonization forum as well maybe someone can answer your question there

- Does the Religious Community belief apply to worship buildings?
- Does the Religious Community belief stack with trade route efficiency bonuses?

Top Bottom