Gives you some food. I think the amount is the same as removing woods gives to production, but usually you can bump your pop by 1.

Does housing multiplier apply to the food gained from removing sth from a tile or does that food directly count towards city growth ?

I think housing multiplier doesn't apply. I've had cities well above the housing cap and still growing from removing and harvesting.

How does warmongering penalties apply when conquering city states apply in different eras ?

If you're the suzerain, do city state units enter your territory and protect you ?

Does culture and science carry over when they are finished with a boost but were over 50% done before boost ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know why the turns to complete times "jump up" when constructing wonders? I am building Ruhr Valley and I had like 20 odd something turns, suddenly it jumps up to 31 turns. This also happened when building Potala Palace and Forbidden City as well. Those turn times jumped up significantly. I was mad because I thought it would cause me to fail building them in time, but thankfully I was able to build them. I'd just like to know why the turns to complete times get worse.

Hello, quick question that I couldn't find an answer to. Most searches return civ5 results. (i am asking about civ6)

How does tourist count change when a civilization is defeated? I am playing domination victory and another civilization trying to get cultural victory. If i am destroying all other civilizations, would that help the other person achieve culutral victory?

I know i will be helping him by reducing the "cultural defense" of those cvilizations i am destorying. but would they still send him tourists at the same pace? what if i kill them completely, would the forumla for tourists change since it depends on the number of civilizations in the game. Would he keep the tourist he already got but not get more? do they get subtracted.. etc. I couldn't find an answer to that. I only found the equation for tourists, but no explanation about dead civilizations and tourists

Thanks
Does anyone know the answer to this one? I was thinking about this as well.

Re tourism changes when a civ is eliminated, I find that foreign tourism decreases, thereby delaying cultural victory.

I have found it useful when trying to delay my own cultural victory for whatever reason.

I'd say it's better to edit your post to add more questions if they weren't addressed yet, instead of making new ones.

How does warmongering penalties apply when conquering city states apply in different eras ?

If I'm not mistaken, it's the same penalty for a surprise war.
If you're the suzerain, do city state units enter your territory and protect you ?
They can, but most probably won't. They'll fight the enemy if it's within sight, though, so chances are higher if the CS is neighboring you.
Does culture and science carry over when they are finished with a boost but were over 50% done before boost ?
As far as I recall, it doesn't overflow in this case, it only completes the tech. Only raw science (from Great Scientists, for example) does.

Anyone know why the turns to complete times "jump up" when constructing wonders? I am building Ruhr Valley and I had like 20 odd something turns, suddenly it jumps up to 31 turns. This also happened when building Potala Palace and Forbidden City as well. Those turn times jumped up significantly. I was mad because I thought it would cause me to fail building them in time, but thankfully I was able to build them. I'd just like to know why the turns to complete times get worse.
I could offer a few explanations, though they do sound like customer support (ie. "Have you tried restarting your computer?"):
  • You aren't suzerain of Brussels anymore
  • You swapped tiles between cities
  • Mismanaged cities (you accidentally put them on food focus, for example)
  • Trade routes ended
  • A Spy sabotaged a nearby Industrial Zone
  • Changes in policies

Trying my first game and two quick questions.

1. How do I delete a unit?

2. Is there anyway to stop those long winded videos you get when meeting a new leader or a notification from same?

Trying my first game and two quick questions.

1. How do I delete a unit?

2. Is there anyway to stop those long winded videos you get when meeting a new leader or a notification from same?
  1. It's usually hidden, but right above the unit portrait you should see a "+" button. Click it then on the skull that appears as option. Though I wouldn't really advise deleting a unit unless your gold is in deep negatives.
  2. There should be an option in "Game Options" or "Video Options". Can't remember now, though, and can't open the game right now. Though now they'll appear static instead of moving.

1. It's usually hidden, but right above the unit portrait you should see a "+" button. Click it then on the skull that appears as option. Though I wouldn't really advise deleting a unit unless your gold is in deep negatives.
  2. There should be an option in "Game Options" or "Video Options". Can't remember now, though, and can't open the game right now. Though now they'll appear static instead of moving.
Thank you ShinigamaKenji. I have a scout that I have no need for as I can't seem to get automated exploration. (As I said I am very new to this game although I have played Civ for about 30 years). I see that plus sign but it is always greyed out? I'll try it when I reopen the game.

I have turned off the introductory video but those others I just can't seem to find out how to stop them.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you ShinigamaKenji. I have a scout that I have no need for as I can't seem to get automated exploration. (As I said I am very new to this game although I have played Civ for about 30 years). I see that plus sign but it is always greyed out? I'll try it when I reopen the game.

I have turned off the introductory video but those others I just can't seem to find out how to stop them.

Your help is much appreciated.
And the plus sign thing worked like a charm. Thanks. It also made automated exploration appear.

And in the Game Options, under "Graphics" I was able to diable the videos. I hadn't previously scrolled down far enough.

This game is a challenge. Be prepared for more thick questions. :)

Apart from Australia's UA, Appeal is mainly used for National Parks and Seaside Resorts.

National Parks must have all tiles with Charming appeal or better. The tourism it generates is equal to the appeal of all tiles in the park (so a National Park with 3 tiles with 4 appeal and 1 tile with 3 appeal would produce 15 tourism).
Seaside Resorts need a coastal tile with at least Breathtaking appeal. The generated tourism is double the appeal of the tile, and the generated gold is equal to the tile's appeal.

The Eiffel Tower works exactly as it says: +2 appeal to every tile in your empire, regardless of city. It's enough to kick up Average tiles to Charming to Breathtaking.
The Great Engineers give the bonus only on those tiles of a particular city (regardless of being worked or not), as seen on the "Manage Citizens" screen.

Don't underestimate the tourism kick from Resorts and Parks, since they can be built almost everywhere if you plan it right. Every Resort gives at least 8 tourism, and every park at least 2 tourism per tile (total of 8 tourism), not counting the Computer tech. A few of them is equivalent to a themed Museum.

Combine Eiffel Tower with Cristo Redentor for even better results. Cristo doubles tourism from Resorts, Eiffel Tower kicks up appeal a notch to boost your existing Resorts and allow to build even more of them.

as tip to get your appeal up
especially if a nice spot for a national parc does not have all 4 tiles at charming or better

check whether there is a mine or quarry adjacent to the tile that has too low appeal, that decreases your appeal

as tip to get your appeal up
especially if a nice spot for a national parc does not have all 4 tiles at charming or better

check whether there is a mine or quarry adjacent to the tile that has too low appeal, that decreases your appeal

On the same page, if you need appeal (be it for tourism or housing), consider planting woods. They increase the appeal of adjacent tiles (even second-growth ones)

If you're concerned with production, put a Lumber Mill there. When you get Steel, the Woods + Lumber Mill production will be the same as a Mine, with increased appeal to adjacent tiles. It's even better than a Mine if it's adjacent to a river too.

What's the best way to get trade routes to and from cities that are 1 tile inland from the sea? These are over water trade routes obviously. I'm having trouble sending trade routes from cities 1 tile inland and to cities 1 tile inland.

Does it somehow become possible to remove bananas from a tile ?
I'm not seeing an option for this, doesn't look like you can.

Last edited:
Does it somehow become possible to remove bananas from a tile ?

Yes, you can. Bananas are a bonus resource like Cattle and Stone, and thus harvestable.
What's the best way to get trade routes to and from cities that are 1 tile inland from the sea? These are over water trade routes obviously. I'm having trouble sending trade routes from cities 1 tile inland and to cities 1 tile inland.

I'm not seeing an option for this, doesn't look like you can.

1. You need a Harbor for them to embark and disembark.
2. I think you need Irrigation, Bronze Working or something like it

Has anybody found out where yield bonuses from district projects (especially per turn bonuses) are shown? It is too unclear how they are calculated.
Check out the Formula Thread.

Top Bottom