Can all Civs pass on a particular GP and make that GP ''discarded'' from the game ?

I think the way it works is if you pass a GP the next AI that gets the required amount of GP points recruits that GP whether they want it or not, I presume you're not talking about multiplayer.

I think the way it works is if you pass a GP the next AI that gets the required amount of GP points recruits that GP whether they want it or not, I presume you're not talking about multiplayer.

I was not talking specifically for one or the other, but now wonder what the outcome would be in MP ...

I was not talking specifically for one or the other, but now wonder what the outcome would be in MP ...
I cannot answer your question, but it is highly unlikely that all civs generate enough GP points before the era changes and a new GP comes up anyway.

I think the AI always get the GP anyway, regardless of which he/she is. Maybe you'd prefer to test it in MP.

The Eiffel Tower works exactly as it says: +2 appeal to every tile in your empire, regardless of city. It's enough to kick up Average tiles to Charming to Breathtaking.

Just to clarify, tiles that are already breath taking don't get any better ae...? (re Neighbourhoods).

Do joint wars carry warmonger penalty that's same as surprise war (for that era), or are they considered formal wars?

(I used to think former, but noticed that when I get declared on jointly by the AI, it says "declares formal war against you".)

Just to clarify, tiles that are already breath taking don't get any better ae...? (re Neighbourhoods).

Their appeal still goes up, which means more tourism and gold from Resorts and Parks. Other than that, there's little point on increasing appeal any further.

Do joint wars carry warmonger penalty that's same as surprise war (for that era), or are they considered formal wars?

(I used to think former, but noticed that when I get declared on jointly by the AI, it says "declares formal war against you".)

It counts as a Casus Belli on its own, so it's half the warmonger penalty from a surprise war (unless you're Persia, then it's the same).

Hi there,
I'm switching over from Civ IV to Civ VI and find that I have no idea of how to wage war, with the one unit per tile feature etc.
Can I find some good warfare guidance on this forum ?

Thanks for helping !

How do you repair walls/battle damage in an an encampment?
Pre-patch, there used to be a project for that after a number of turns (I think 5) passed without enemies around the city (I think in a 3-tile ring). Dunno how it is now, too busy to read the forums, even less to play...

Hi there,
I'm switching over from Civ IV to Civ VI and find that I have no idea of how to wage war, with the one unit per tile feature etc.
Can I find some good warfare guidance on this forum ?

Thanks for helping !
That might warrant a thread on its own, but please specify what you do know.
Are you familiar with the basic concepts (how to declare a war, how to attack, ranged units, taking cities and so on), or are you looking for more sophisticated strategies (like timing attacks, optimizing army composition, reduce casualties)?

It counts as a Casus Belli on its own, so it's half the warmonger penalty from a surprise war (unless you're Persia, then it's the same).

Thanks. So is half the warmonger penalty of surprise war more or less than a formal war?

I am usually faced with a decision whether to wage a formal war on my own (after denouncing for 5 turns) OR a joint war. So I am trying to see if joint war would carry more or less or same penalty.

Thanks. So is half the warmonger penalty of surprise war more or less than a formal war?

I am usually faced with a decision whether to wage a formal war on my own (after denouncing for 5 turns) OR a joint war. So I am trying to see if joint war would carry more or less or same penalty.
In that case it's the same: when you denounce first or joint war. Both counts as a formal war. Surprise wars have more warmonger penalty than formal wars. Except in ancient era (both have none) and as Persia.

Is there an easy way to see which technologies you agreed to a research agreement with? And how long? I have a hard time remembering these.

I have a city that originally belonged to Egypt. APU.
I captured it, then Egypt captured it back, then I captured it back from them again.
Finally I wiped out the Egyptian Civ.

City is still showing as Occupied.
Is this a bug?
How do you get a city unoccupied if the owner is wiped out?

I captured it, then Egypt captured it back, then I captured it back from them again.

Is this a bug?

try to get another AI owner of it and conquer it afterwards.

Is this a bug?

I guess it's a bug, unless the latest patch modified that.

Top Bottom