War weariness is disproportionately allocated to cities that you previously conquered. Even if that city is ceded to you in an earlier peace treaty (so it is no longer "occupied"), the idea is that the citizens of that conquered city aren't really "your people" -- and therefore may become more discontent and rebellious than citizens in your "core" cities (i.e., cities that you founded).

War weariness is disproportionately allocated to cities that you previously conquered. Even if that city is ceded to you in an earlier peace treaty (so it is no longer "occupied"), the idea is that the citizens of that conquered city aren't really "your people" -- and therefore may become more discontent and rebellious than citizens in your "core" cities (i.e., cities that you founded).

Wow, I did not know that, either. I just started playing this game after years of playing Civ IV where the citizens don't have a memory that lasts 1,000 years! On the other hand, I love having good land to settle this late in the game. I do not listen to the "advisor" telling me to build districts very early. I just go out and grab all the best settlement spots -- no "distance from capital" penalty as in Civ IV -- and build a big empire before worrying much about districts (other than commercial and its buildings to finance expansion). I confess I still have a Civ IV mentality, but it was working well (world leader in score, civics, and tech) at Emperor level until these barbs arrived!

You need, I think, -3 amenities in a city for it to happen. If you actually had it this low, be careful, because chances are some other city also has -3 amenities.

EDIT: Also, consider building Industrial Zones. Factories and Power Plants give bonus production to every city within 6 tiles. If you overlap enough of them, you get a massive boost. Entertainment Complexes also have buildings (Zoos and Stadium) that give amenities to all cities within 6 tiles (as does the Colosseum), though these are much less needed.

sure this is a stupid question but how can i see the cities of a particular civ? in a late game, greece has declared war on me. problem is ive looked all over the map and cant see any greek cities...

sure this is a stupid question but how can i see the cities of a particular civ? in a late game, greece has declared war on me. problem is ive looked all over the map and cant see any greek cities...
You can see HOW MANY cities a civ has (when you are not at war), by negotiating with them: make a deal screen and scroll down to see what cities they have (add one city for their capital which won't be listed).

So another civilization can attack a CS I'm suzerain of without a declaration of war against me? Could this be part of the civic that's required for open borders (I can't remember the exact name right now)? That would seem extremely silly if so because then there is an inherited risk of becoming an early suzerain as well as a war monger thus there is no reason to send envoys for the first few hundred turns. Is this a bug or is this part of the game? My status as suzerain of Seoul hasn't changed all game.

To show suzerain status:

Last edited:
Yea. I get that. I guess that post was more of a gripe. It would be nice that in order for them to attack my CS they'd have to also declare war on me which they didn't. I was still peaceful with Kongo. What's the tech or civic that will disallow declaring war on that CS without also declaring war on its suzerain also?

Last edited:
There is no such tech or civic. After you unlock the Diplomatic Service civic, you obtain a new Casus Belli, Declare Protectorate War, but that just gives you a CB against the civ attacking a CS over which you are suzerain -- it does not cause that civ to auto-DOW you when they attack the CS.

Did the latest update to Civ6 save the settings you choose in advanced setup? I'm a compulsive restarter and I hate having to redo all the settings every time I want to play a new game (with minor tweaks here and there). Or does a mod fix this?

Followup question, is simple modding (changing xml files) a lot different in Civ6? I tried changing a few items in eras.xml and nothing happened, vs Civ5 where it works.

Did you use Giovanni de Medici to build the bank? If so, the bank gets 2 great work slots that can house most kinds of great works.

Did you use Giovanni de Medici to build the bank? If so, the bank gets 2 great work slots that can house most kinds of great works.
I had to reload the game to see if I did and sure enough I did. Thanks! Over 200 hours in this game and I'm still learning new things every day.

So they added an "Alert" option for units! Yay!

But... it doesn't seem to work. Enemies walk right up to my units and they still don't activate. Am I misunderstanding how it's supposed to work? Does this not work the same as Sentry used to work?

And why no shortcut key?

Hello. I look forward some game, where a group of players will be disccus about one game about all moves. Or it can be one good player and explain all his moves. Did you see here something similiar? It can be in all civ versions(6,5,4...)

Hello. I look forward some game, where a group of players will be disccus about one game about all moves. Or it can be one good player and explain all his moves. Did you see here something similiar? It can be in all civ versions(6,5,4...)
There are plenty of excellent players on YouTube that do 'Let's Plays' of Civ 5 and 6.

Marbozir
quill18
FilthyRobot
SBFMadDjinn
Arumba

I think I'm answering this question correctly. :confused:

Top Bottom