1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick UI [Civilization 6]

Quick UI [Civilization 6]

1. vans163

vans163 Chieftain

2. Ashar

Ashar Chieftain

thanks, its a shame, i liked seeing my resources, but not if it takes over the screen
    They are consolitated into 1 stack fo each resource obviosuly if thats what your asking, but once you have atleast 1 of each resource, they dont all fit on the top ui

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  3. vans163

vans163 Chieftain

Hey this is true. I fixed this just now. Get the latest version if you wish. Now when you go to Map Options in the bottom left corner, (Where you can enable grid and yields), you can disable luxury ontop. It has the options:

QUI: Show Luxury
    QUI: Smart Banners
    QUI: Cowboy
    QUI: Bad Cowboy

The last 2 functions are easter eggs.

The first displays Luxury ontop.

The second is a "Smart Banner" which does many things:
    #1 Displays the districts the city has on the banner (Except holy, lavra, entertainment, aerodrome, street carnival, These icons are missing in the gamefiles, submit bug to K2).
    #2 Displays a Food icon if the city has any unlocked workers. When managing 20+ cities you really want to lock down your workers rather then relying on the game AI to choose.
    #3 Displays letters if the city has unbuilt buildings. For example if the city does not have a Monument and it has a Campus District WITHOUT a library. The banner will
    display a O (for Obelisk) and a L (for Library), once you build those, the letters disappear. Makes managing 20+ cities more sane.

notque and Chinese American like this.
  4. AlextheGr8

AlextheGr8 Chieftain

Updating to latest version through your Github link, thanks, and see one little change that I am not sure should be there. When selecting something to build in the city production screen after the previous item got built, once you select something the build screen does not go away, you have to X out of it.

5. vans163

vans163 Chieftain

Yea I added this on purpose. I often find myself annoyed when it auto closes. Say I want to purchase an item in the city + train a unit. Also it stays open and when you tab between cities it does not lose its place.

So now you can tab between 10 cities and quickly train 10 units.

Now I double checked it and there are some bugs. Like when you change production, the list does not refresh. Not sure if I should regress this, or leave it. Let me know?

Going to try and fix it.

Using the SHIFT key now opens the build tab, the citizen tab and highlights the city. So if you quickly want to build 1 thing and get out. Try holding shift, building it, then release shift.

6. AlextheGr8

AlextheGr8 Chieftain

If that is your intent that is fine I do not mind just thought that was a bug. I am seeing strange behavior when building things in my city, and then building a second Pasture on horses. Every build queue becomes an attempt to build horses right when the current item is done being built. I have disabled other addons and only yours is left. If this is just a bug in Vanilla Civ that is okay at first I thought it was another mod then I removed them only using yours and Vanilla Civ.

7. vans163

vans163 Chieftain

Uncheck QUI: Cowboy option. Made it unchecked by default.

The ProductionPanel.lua is such a pain. I cant find a way to refresh it without closing + opening it. And I cant find a way to disable the sliding animation. If anyone knows would be great.

8. jadel

jadel Chieftain

You are doing great work, I try all the new commits. Lots of interesting ideas.

I wonder if you might get the time to write up the features on your OP. Theres so much added since you first started, just a list not a graphic would be fine.

Is the cowboy option for horse building? I guess it is?

Thats great, I kept having to manually disable. The more toggles the better imo. The production recommendation I quite like for example.

Does using the mod disable achievements btw?

9. vans163

vans163 Chieftain

I was getting achievements while using it.

About updating the OP, I think I should. Ideally I wanted to make a Gif / Video. Right now I feel like I reached a milestone with the major things I wanted to add. The Shift click to manage cities is a little glitchy now, but once its smooth I really find Civ6 wide play much more enjoyable.

Cowboy is yea, horses. I only played as the Scythians so far, so those horses!

I found usually it recommends this: Build Kurgans on perfectly good farm land. Build a farm in some random place. All the while I have 2 naked hills in the capital that could use mines that I cant even see because the useless recommendation to build Kurgans block the hill / distract my vision.

10. jadel

jadel Chieftain

oh those recommendations .. mm yeah lots of kurgans lol.

I thought the ones in the city build screen. I havent had time to play yet today

11. vans163

vans163 Chieftain

Oh do those building recommendations actually help? They seem related to advisers but when I set advisers to none in the game options, they still appear.

I like to get rid of anything that is even mildly distracting. Maybe Firaxis will fix this in later patch (so game options truly disable all advisors).

I really cant see those advisers being useful. If you can provide a compelling case on their usability I can add a Map Option for it.

12. jadel

jadel Chieftain

I cant really, I just assumed they recommend something useful. I dont follow their advice though so I guess its pointless

The builder recommendations are still there though on the latest commit for me, still tons of kurgans, were they supposed to be gone.

13. vans163

vans163 Chieftain

Pull the very latest commit, https://github.com/vans163/civ6_qui/commit/a7faf627c3a4407d7e19f3c23fb2219e814686a2. I accidentally named the file with .xml instead of .lua in the qui.modinfo.

14. AlextheGr8

AlextheGr8 Chieftain

I liked the camera switching to the center of the unit selected. The mouse scroll by moving the mouse to the edge of each screen to scroll barely works and I have to use the keyboard keys to move the camera instead.

Also am I going crazy or is religion bugged? Could it be this ui mod for some reason, because every new game I start I cannot convert to a religion, only get a pantheon, and I cannot tell other players to stop converting my cities after they do it. Or is this a bug with the Vanilla game?

15. gliz

gliz Chieftain

Nice mod, but the Production menu not closing is tilting me. Can u tell us how to revert that back to how it was please?

16. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Chieftain

+1 for menu closing!

Also I re downloaded the mod , but the city toolbar isn't sliding left when opening the city browser ? And your latest file is still numbered like version . 26, did I download the wrong file?

17. vans163

vans163 Chieftain

Are you using / interested in using SHIFT key to enter / exit cities?

Religion, I did not see any option to tell a player to not convert your cities. Interesting thought is if you have a pantheon, and a player converts your cities, then you kill that player, youl get his religion with your pantheon. Atleast thats what the tooltip says.

Are you using or interested in using SHIFT key to open cities?

And same question about the shift key.

.26 is correct. The mod has no versions at the moment, and .26 is the version of Civilization 6 the mod applies to.

I think I can make the Shift key an option then under Map Options. Right now for it to work right, it has to sacrifice the centring of the cities and the production panel not closing. The failure to center on units I guess is a byproduct of the fail to center on cities.

So if I add the option to disable Shift key as the enter city key, then youl get back unit/city centering and the production panel closing.

18. gliz

gliz Chieftain

No I do not enjoy using any key to close the production menu. I don't play on maps where I'd have so many cities that this would become an issue.

Please tell us where in the file we can change it.

19. jadel

jadel Chieftain

What do you mean the toolbar isnt sliding left? It doesnt slide, the icons are just moved left permanently so you can see/click them when production is open. (is that what you mean?)

What centering are you missing? The camera still centers to units when you select next unit and to cities when you select next city. Also, there is an unrelated fix for scrolling at the top section if thats the issue you have.

This is pretty cool, I think I would have it toggle rather than just on held and I think the left hand panel with the details popup at the same time. Make it like a full city info button.

Manually editing the productionpanel.lua to uncomment the 4 Close (): lines will reenable the close on select for the production panel while keeping the shift to enter function. Those that dont like the shift key just dont use it, all you lose is that tilt the screen thing when you choose citizen management (not a big loss at all).

I havent seen any downside to this edit yet.

20. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Chieftain

Maybe it was another mod, but I could of sworn it was somewhere here that I read the city tab shifted left so that it wasn't getting covered up by the build menu! If it's not, it should be ;)