Random Rants Eighty-Four: Rants Gone Wild!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got woken up with a leg cramp at like 4:30am and never really got back to sleep. And I think I was having a dream about Krysten Ritter. I don't remember the dream very clearly. We were probably playing a board game and talking about current events, or whatever.

Flu absolutely sucks. As far as I can remember, this is the first time in my entire working life that I've ever had to take more than 2 straight sick-days. And today is the first day this week I've managed to spend more time awake than asleep (or at least, wishing I could sleep).
I just heard on the radio that the "B strain" of flu is at its worst in the US in 30 years.

It available for SNES, Amiga, PC, PC-98 and Sega CD.
It's also coming soon to the Commodore 64.
http://www.indieretronews.com/2019/04/eye-of-beholder-c64-work-continues-on.html
Stop feeding my bookmark addiction!
I won all three on dos when I bet my friend that glass was technically a liquid and he didn’t want to pay me the $5 or whatever.
What's the connection between your bet and playing the games? I'm missing something.
My "fully booked in advance" streak is ending next week. :(
I need one of those myself.

The upstairs neighbour does jumping jacks and standing sprints every day.

At least it's the one upstairs neighbour. Mine have bred ferociously and assiduously in the last few years, resulting in a small herd of noisy hyper-energetic tots.

At least it's the one upstairs neighbour. Mine have bred ferociously and assiduously in the last few years, resulting in a small herd of noisy hyper-energetic tots.

It's fine to hunt humans for sport in Argentina, I hear.

, I knew that the law is Sharia (to varying extent).

Nope we don't use sharia law here, the problem here the victim family afraid of retaliation, they feel embarrassed of what happened and the police is not doing their job unless there is money innit or it gets media attention.

Now they are willing to talk to me, I'm on exhibition till sunday, maybe I can go to meet them at Tuesday and tell you guys what happened

One of the programs I use is malfunctioning, so I'm going through my bookmarks to try to find a replacement. Lots of the software I bookmarked in the last decade have gone payware. :cry:

EDIT: I found an alternative that I think I like. :w00t:

Last edited:
How would you possibly know that? ;)
Maybe because such activities generate noise? Noise bylaws are a thing in most urban places in Canada, and most leases have some clause in them about excessive noise and disruptive behavior that prevents other tenants from enjoying their own space.

At least here I have the right to call security for noisy neighbors (ie. people who don't understand that it's really not okay to have parties at midnight or let their kids jump around on a carpetless floor above another suite at all hours).

And before anyone asks why I would call security rather than ask them nicely to be quiet, remember that in my first year in this suite, a tenant tried pushing in here after midnight and the cop assigned to the case turned out to be useless. Ever since then, I've been reluctant to confront neighbors (at least male neighbors) alone. This isn't the most dangerous place I've ever lived (that "honor" belongs to the place where the cops' presence was a semi-regular thing, drugs were going on, and a woman killed her partner in the next block), but I'm not going to take unnecessary chances.

Maybe because such activities generate noise? Noise bylaws are a thing in most urban places in Canada, and most leases have some clause in them about excessive noise and disruptive behavior that prevents other tenants from enjoying their own space.

At least here I have the right to call security for noisy neighbors (ie. people who don't understand that it's really not okay to have parties at midnight or let their kids jump around on a carpetless floor above another suite at all hours).

And before anyone asks why I would call security rather than ask them nicely to be quiet, remember that in my first year in this suite, a tenant tried pushing in here after midnight and the cop assigned to the case turned out to be useless. Ever since then, I've been reluctant to confront neighbors (at least male neighbors) alone. This isn't the most dangerous place I've ever lived (that "honor" belongs to the place where the cops' presence was a semi-regular thing, drugs were going on, and a woman killed her partner in the next block), but I'm not going to take unnecessary chances.

I think the question was about how Syns knew such specifics. I'm not sure I could identify the sound of a jumping jack compared to, say, dribbling a basketball.

I think the question was about how Syns knew such specifics. I'm not sure I could identify the sound of a jumping jack compared to, say, dribbling a basketball.
They don't sound anything alike, particularly when they're overhead.

In one of my old apartments, there was a particularly...heavyset couple. One night I was treated to the sound of their bedframe breaking after...certain strenuous activities. :ack:

I am sure they were doing their cardio session.

On the bed?

Rant: I goofed up. A few days ago I accidentally set the schedule of one of my automated backups to once an hour instead of once a day. On a folder that's close to 5 GB in size.

I was wondering why my hard drive space was going down so quickly.

I am not smart.

Last edited:
Day 4 without most of my TV channels. I found out that the PBS app will let you stream News Hour so that's fine and good but I can't watch or record the other random programs I wanted to see. And Monday is a big Godzilla marathon that we planned our day around and it's forecast to rain so I definitely won't get the channel.

Honestly, I figured BJ was making a joke about me hearing the noise, and wasn't actually asking how I knew the activities being enjoyed.

It's pretty much a guess. But based on rhythm those seem the most likely. Standing sprints, for example, are a tough rhythm and frequency to match. They're fairly unique.

Day 4 without most of my TV channels. I found out that the PBS app will let you stream News Hour so that's fine and good but I can't watch or record the other random programs I wanted to see. And Monday is a big Godzilla marathon that we planned our day around and it's forecast to rain so I definitely won't get the channel.

Who knew using outdated and replaced technology would come with so many issues! :smug:

Who knew using outdated and replaced technology would come with so many issues! :smug:
No, You're an outdated and replaced technology that comes with so many issues!:mad:
*goes back to winding a cassette with a pencil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom