Random Rants LIII: F My Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 and proud of it, old man :p

Awwww you're like a cute widdle baby!

J/k

It's also a bit of a disconnect for me realizing that because I (obviously) associate more immature qualities to folks around my brother's age because, well, he's currently the high schooler I interact with most on a daily basis. But obviously here on the internet it's hard to tell whether that mature or immature person is 15, 35, or 500 years old.

Rant: I thought I was being original and clever when I came up with different kinds of Jesuses (Jesi?) like Portuguesus, Siamesus, Japanesus, and Congolesus. Turns out that all but the last one have already been thought up. :(:jesus:

I wonder why, 100 praise we easily forgot it, but 1 mockery, we never forget it till the rest of our lives. The way our psychology work it so strange and depressing.

My foot hurts like hell. Thankfully I have an appointment set up for tomorrow morning.

Not that I am an expert, but you're probably going to have to get used to it. The odds on, say, OkCupid aren't good. It takes 18 messages sent (as a guy) for a 50% chance of a reply. You're going to have to message over 50 people to put yourself into the "almost impossible to not have gotten at least one reply yet" camp.

I also think dating sites really showcase the worst in people, and allow people to be way to picky/choosy, but obviously some people have success on them; you just have to stick with it. Good luck on any future attempts.

Bah humbug. I've already tried online dating sites once before, over several years ago, but they never resulted in a damn thing. :rolleyes: What made me try again was I fell into the traps of those tv ads and purported studies allegedly revealing increasing popularity and successes.

When I'm getting home from work today, I'm canceling my subscription and deleting my accounts. Too much bs and false advertising, from everyone involved (myself, alleged future "matches" and the online dating companies).

Hmm... Just as i was returning to the apartment building, i saw a dog with some sort of scarf (not collar) around its neck, which probably was lost and not abandoned. It seemed very distressed as it kept looking at random people. I thought of asking someone in the restaurant/bar in front of us at the time to help, but gave up when a man with quite likely the largest (and most bloated) face i have ever seen started calling the dog and offering it a bit of the gyros he just bought...

It was not his dog, btw. The dog barked against him for a couple of times, and started to distance itself. I took a turn to the next street and pretty much tried to forget that example of a being which is even more lost than most in this world.

Pretty sad :\

Just had my hickman line taken out, which is something they used for dialysis while my fistula was getting stronger after they made it. It took much longer to take out than normal, which is about 10 minutes, since the line was in a bit longer than normal, thus it was more problematic to get out. Eventually they got it out, but all the tugging on the skin has made the general area sore and also it meant that the area bleed a lot more than normal, so they had to keep me observed a bit longer, but thankfully it is out and no longer a problem.

Just had my hickman line taken out, which is something they used for dialysis while my fistula was getting stronger after they made it. It took much longer to take out than normal, which is about 10 minutes, since the line was in a bit longer than normal, thus it was more problematic to get out. Eventually they got it out, but all the tugging on the skin has made the general area sore and also it meant that the area bleed a lot more than normal, so they had to keep me observed a bit longer, but thankfully it is out and no longer a problem.

Glad it's not that bad now. Since I'm dealing with some medical issues right now, including a surgery drain tube thingy sticking out of me right now (with the area where the drain sticking out kind of having mild discomfort and irritation I can't do much about), I can empathize. :/

Kennigit said:
"I will be in contact with you by Monday, March 17, 2014"

I'm not much of a betting man, but who wants to bet on whether I hear back before friday march 21 or after friday march 21 (I will lump the "never hear back" with the "after" category)

for about 5 years straight march 14-17th have been the worst days of the year for me.
oh yeah baby, just 1 more day left!

going to make this bet a real tight one!

(to be fair, they did send out an email on tuesday that they were behind).

Well, it's 21:00 my time and so I think it's safe to declare getting back to me as soon as possible is friday march 21 or later!

Congrats to all the folks that bet on that!

It really would be nice if I ever heard anything on employment (this is for possible summer internship). I appreciate being told no, or at least if told that a response will be given at a certain time that the response is close to that time (not as bad as another experience I had, where the official word back was a month after they said they would give a response).

in other news, I accidently stopped one run of my code at the 19 hour mark (takes ~22 hours to run 3 at the same time). That's ok though.

So much work to to...so little motivation...off to the pub I think (it is 16:30 here)

So much work to to...so little motivation...off to the pub I think (it is 16:30 here)
I have to stay at work for another 45 minutes yet. Then I'm going to the pub.
The motivation, as you should know, is that the earlier you finish your work, the earlier you start your beer.

I absolutely HATE it when people look down on others for being unable to afford better computers for video games, as if us low-end PC folks were impeding the progress and development of video games. Obviously we are all swimming in ornery and don't have to worry about other priorities in life like medical bills or caring for family members or paying rent and groceries or what not.

It's why I often sympathize with the console peasants, even though they'd probably lump me with the PC master race buffoons anyways.

I am part of the glorious PC gamer masterrace. We are destined to rule the world and especially over those greedy, slimy console peasants! We have the best rig...

I am using a laptop for gaming! :cry:

I am part of the glorious PC gamer masterrace. We are destined to rule the world and especially over those greedy, slimy console peasants! We have the best rig...

I am using a laptop for gaming! :cry:

It's a decent laptop, though, I hope? Assuredly better than my laptop, at any rate, which is so old it can barely play TES oblivion with below-low graphics (literally). Obviously I still use my crappy PC for gaming needs, but it works for me and will work for me for a while.

I just can't stand those people who think everybody has time and assets to simply throw money at pcs, even mid-range ones. Actually for me if I didn't have to save money for medical bills I'd probably be able to get a mid-range PC soonish, but hey, real life. I'm just pissed off that when I was discussing this with the folks on the PI forums (big mistake, I know, with PI forums, big mistake) said stuff like "cry me a river" or "I don't understand why people are afraid to spend more money better pcs" basically when I told them people have priorities and things that need money other than games like medical bills or rent. I wonder how old some of these PI forumites are, because even starving college students like me for all our naïveté understand what it's like to have to be careful with your money....

Oh well. Fun pic time! So sophistication!

I tried making out with a girl who had a boyfriend. Who was very close by. It went...not well. I wish such women were ID-tagged or something.

Just remember members of the glorious PC master race that have ancient boxes but access to the internet also have access to an amazing number of fantastic games gone freeware with age. Plus, they tend to view that as totally legit and even kinda cool, unlike having an original Xbox still hooked up. Though I do have to admit, the Atari 2600 is finally starting to earn some cred back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom