Random Rants XLII: The Four-Part Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon tend to not be hard to get. Honestly, I don't know what you're referring to. Yes, there are Pokemon that evolve only when you trade them with an item. There are Pokemon that evolve only when you trade them with another Pokemon in the inventory. But neither of those things are very hard to do, and that's about as hard as it gets in the evolution world.

In fact, in recent years, the Pokemon games have made it significantly easier to get certain Pokemon, such as Feebus, and Pokemon games usually now have about 20 legandaries for you to catch (and many of these are legendaries from the past games).

I will say that it's annoying when you have to go to an event to get a legendary (a concept which has been around since Red and Blue) but I understand why they do it and I understand it's probably a great feeling to go to one of those things.

Finally, even if a Pokemon is so hard to get and you just can't be bothered, there's a wireless thing that connects you with other trainers so that you can trade and get any Pokemon you want. It's really quite easy. For all those evolution and breeding concepts, those are just extra flair for people who want them, but they're by no means necessary or a large part of the game.

Haha I did think they were funny I just didn't say anything. =) I did think you were serious when you said that Pokemon are too hard to evolve, though. My bad if you weren't.

Haha I did think they were funny I just didn't say anything. =) I did think you were serious when you said that Pokemon are too hard to evolve, though. My bad if you weren't.

I was partially serious. I did get the impression that the trading-to-evolve and hold-itmes-to-evolve systems were getting too complicated and I also had worries that it was getting harder still to get all the Pokemon.

I was only partially serious because I haven't played any of the new games and so wouldn't know any better, thank you for the explanation. I'm glad to hear it isn't as bad as I thought because by Silver, it was already very difficult to get all the Pokemon (or even close to all the Pokemon, --you needed access to all four games, plus all those rare items, etc).

But the trade/battle over the internet system should really help with that. Can you trade or battle random people over the internet or do you have to have friend codes and crap?

The former. It's pretty easy to trade.

Although completing your Pokedex is an immense task. I think in either GenIII (Ruby and the like) or GenIV (Diamond and the like) the official motto of Pokemon stopped being "Gotta Catch 'Em All" because that was just too hard, what with over 500 Pokemon.

I wish Windows came in a stupid version and a smart version. The one shouldn't try to deny me access to things I freaking want to access. At least there's always some obscure third-party utility that will do what you want.

I wish Windows came in a stupid version and a smart version. The one shouldn't try to deny me access to things I freaking want to access. At least there's always some obscure third-party utility that will do what you want.

Control Panel>Action Center>Change User Account Control Settings>Set to Never Notify>Okay.

The More You Know~

The power just randomly went off and I lost part of the essay I was working on. :mad:

The power just randomly went off and I lost part of the essay I was working on. :mad:

Autosaves? :dunno:

Control Panel>Action Center>Change User Account Control Settings>Set to Never Notify>Okay.

The More You Know~

Unfortunately, that's not the problem. Right now it wouldn't let me delete some stupid registry value. I found another program that would though.

Guys, you have to get Black and White II if you haven't played them yet. They're generally acclaimed to be the best main Pokemon games ever made - sans the originals, if you count nostalgia.

Well, I will have to get one of these, if only to see how Unova looks like. ;)

My expensive headphones snapped in half. On both sides. While I was wearing them.

This day has been horrendous. The term "it comes in waves of threes" has been multiplied today. Everything is going so terribly wrong, and I wish I could just sleep.

But alas, I am not tired.

Edit: Just realized how first world problem that sounded. Believe me, the headphones snapping is actually the "best" bad thing that's occurred today.

My childhood and adolescence was woefully devoid of the pokemon games :(- I didn't think much of it at the time, but the more people I talk to, the more it seems to have been a definitive part of growing up

My childhood and adolescence was woefully devoid of the pokemon games :(- I didn't think much of it at the time, but the more people I talk to, the more it seems to have been a definitive part of growing up

Same here. I've never touched a Gameboy in my life and was never allowed to play any video games that I wanted.

As I said to JoanK recently, my childhood predates the Pokemon phenomenon. :)

Happy smilies belong to the Raves thread! :mad:

Also, I have things to rant about but I'm a bit confused so I'm not gonna rant about them just yet.

That is a rave! The concommitant rant is that DVDs of my childhood - Thundercats, Mysterious Cities of Gold etc. - are so expensive. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom