1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Rants XLIX - IT CHAFES MY ARSE!!!

Discussion in 'Picture Threads Archive' started by hobbsyoyo, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

Well I've been experimenting with herbal solutions for a wide variety of ailments for quite some time and for a while even mixed some of them for various enhancements. (not a thing to be undertaken lightly, it's somewhat like eating random herbs in Oblivion except the damage incurred to your body is quite real). Some of them work quite well when you find the right dosage for your weight and reaction. Anyway from personal experience I would not recommend Valerian, main use that I've found for it is to put someone down who had a trauma or a highly stressful event. As a sleeping agent it feels like being knocked out with a club and makes you really slow.

2. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Spoiler :

WTF man?! Okay, first off not possible just simply because Kansas and Louisiana exist. But even beyond that... WTF?! It's a great State, probably the best! Stupid tubes...

(spoiler only because it's big)

3. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

Everyone knows the reincarnation cycle places you in mississippi -> alabama -> somewhere else in the US.

4. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

I needed to go to the library today to sign two contracts that would have literally been the foundation to a solution to 90% of my problems. I checked the hours beforehand... Opens at 10AM. So I leave at 10 to be sure it'll be open by the time I got there. It's hailing and storming, no big deal, this is worth it.

I get there, it's closed. Oh. Check the opening time... 10AM. I got there at 10:30, soooooo? I decided I would wait for an hour in a local food establishment just to see if it'll open in the meantime. There are three local food establishments. Every single one said, "Our cooks aren't in right now." Oooookay? So I step back outside into the hail, and it's gotten worse. I have no where to really stand and wait in the off chance the library opens, so I walk home without food and without a job.

I'm very content right now.

5. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

Hahaha V you got totally pwnt.

6. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Hmmm... Is it a local holiday you forgot about, perchance, Synsensa?

7. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

No holiday. No notice of closure. Just... closed. This is a common theme in my town. No one really feels obligated to actually go to work here.

8. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

Is it some kind of a ghost town? Is it in a declining economic area?

I'd rather think the reason restaurants aren't open is because there aren't enough potential customers for it to be worthwhile. Rather than a disinclination to work.

9. madviking

madviking north american scum

Also what the hell is Ohio trying to steal our thunder? Virginia IS for lovers!

10. Wrymouth3

Wrymouth3 Emperor

Instead of ranting and panting about things in detail, I will instead list 50 things which I dislike the most in ascending order. Mostly because I don't hold grudges against anyone or really "hate" people in any fashion.

50. NASCAR Fanatics
    49. Guests at a house dinner who want to play a game or decide to answer cell phone calls
    48. People who major in "Social Media studies" or the likewise at a university
    47. Dr. Who
    46. British historians of imperialism
    45. People who keep the water running while brushing their teeth
    44. Miami Heat "fans"
    43. Jeffery Loria
    42. Sabermetrics devotees
    41. Egg Nog
    40. Sweet Tea
    39. Leftover Mac and Cheese
    38. Having more than one Blu-Ray player
    37. Hipsters who are "hipsters" to spite others
    36. Environmental fanatics
    35. Someone who tells me to chill out and "Take some E" or "Smoke some weed"
    34. Stores that aren't named after what they sell
    33. The gypsies who yell at people in Heroes Square in Budapest
    32. People who urinate in public on the street in the middle of a city (I'm talking about you Richmond!)
    31. Any modern artist that is associated with the YBA
    30. Polish food
    29. Social justice redditors
    28. Reddit in general
    27. Chocolate Coffee
    26. My job on some days
    25. Any popular author of "beach reading" (Danielle Steele, John Grisham)
    24. Final Fantasy XIII (Seriously, the game scarred me)
    23. The Likud and Kadima parties
    22. Religious fanatics
    21. Vladimir Putin
    20. When it is like 30 degrees Fahrenheit and it's raining with heavy wind
    19. People who think Jesus was a white man
    18. Pop history
    17. Alex Trebek
    16. Coach K
    15. Rob Ryan
    14. Rex Ryan
    13. Tim Tebow
    12. "Hi my name is (Insert blue-blood here) I GO TO AN IVY LEAGUE SCHOOL"
    11. Thomas Jefferson
    10. The Corsican Anti-Christ
    9. Lost Cause Historiography
    8. People who are all like "The Dark Ages weren't THAT bad."
    7. Herodotus
    6. Ted Cruz
    5. Ken Cuccinelli
    4. Leaving the tv on while going to sleep
    3. the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles)
    2. Using ellipses for periods
    1. Juggalos

11. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

My microwave started shooting sparks out of the magnetron and I don't have transportation to fix it because my wife is using our car to get to work.

We also forgot to schedule necessary repair work on the car before she started back at work. :mad:

12. ReindeerThistle

ReindeerThistle Zimmerwald Left

@Wrymouth: As Vladimir Putin would say: chill out and take some E or smoke some weed..... After all, as Niall Ferguson's detailed Empire would point out, NASCAR is really the world's greatest sport, at least Rex Ryan would agree -- if he had put the "son of man" Tim Tebow in to play....

Sent via mobile form "The happiest place on Earth," the DMV -- been here since January.

Edit: @Hobbs: bummer about the microwave. That happened to me once and we found out the magnetron was still under warranty and got a free repair! I hope you are so lucky.

Re: the car -- get it fixed. 22 years ago I almost had a terrible accident because of unbalanced wheels.

13. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

Ah! Sometimes life seems too hard!

Sometimes the harder I try the less I succeed.

And I never seem to succeed if I don't try at all.

14. PlutonianEmpire

PlutonianEmpire Socially Awkward Goofball

This represents my mood and what I'd like to do after a day like today. :mad:

Link to video.

15. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

Dentists.

16. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Rob Ryan, would, of course, disagree, taking a phone call at a dinner party at which Egg Nog, Sweet Tea, Leftover Mac and Cheese, Polish Food, and Chocolate Coffee are served, arguing that his crack team of Sabermetrics Devotees have determined that Alex Trebek is the one who should play.

17. Peck of Arabia

Peck of Arabia Sociable Recluse

Well I've done the totting up and it transpires I agree with Wrymouth on 19 irritants, disagree on 6 and have no strong feelings one way or the other (either through ignorance or genuine ambivalence) on the remaining 25, I think. I kind of lost count at some point

18. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

But NASCAR is the world's greatest sport :p

Wikipedia is not loading for me right now, and therefore progress on my NES update has ground to a halt. Again. :mad:

19. ReindeerThistle

ReindeerThistle Zimmerwald Left

Yes! A great day indeed. :clap:
    Try another source.

NB: sorry about the delay in your NES update, though, I am not a fan of wikipedia.

Sent via mobile.

20. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

I have 2 more days at my summer internship remaining, and yesterday while I was away at all day meetings they took out my desk/computer and I think knocked down the wall to the room I was in (unconfirmed, I haven't gone in to see it yet). They knocked down the walls to some other rooms because they're doing some renovations and all to shift people around.

regardless, it was without any warning.

but these developments may prove difficult to do work under! good thing I have all day meetings scheduled for today at least (hilariously, probably only instance in life where all day meetings are a good thing!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.