1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RANDOM RANTS XLVI: Slightly More Than a Month-ly Edition #1

Discussion in 'Picture Threads Archive' started by Joecoolyo, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

When they split India into different cultures.

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    At least with Steam, there is an offline mode unlike Origin and SimCity Online.

3. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles queen of the watermelons

Plus you can just copy the SteamApps folder in and out, though you need to go online to validate it.

4. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

I can't handle this anymore.

5. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

Of course you can.

(No matter what it is that you "can't handle." ..... What is "this"?)

6. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Justice guaranteed

I'm sick of these so-called friends

I am this close to calling it quits on my entire social life and go back to being a hermit.

7. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

What's wrong with them?

8. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Justice guaranteed

I'm not sure if it's a matter of something wrong with them or of my paranoia acting up.

9. rugbyLEAGUEfan

rugbyLEAGUEfan Deity

Probably worth further investigation before growing a beard and checking out cave/mountain top rentals.

10. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I think your paranoia is getting the best of you.

11. aimeeandbeatles

Oh God. I just ran into a really really really awkward situation.
    Spoiler :
    One of my friends admitted that she had a crush on me.
    Seriously, how do I handle this?

And why me?

12. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Here's how you deal with it:

Stop acting like this is a rant, accept that it is a very high compliment even if you don't know how to deal with it. It is a normal part of life and even though you are an asexual, if you treat this as a big huge deal and something very bad, you are going to hurt your friends feelings unnecessarily.

Gently remind her that you are asexual and have no way to reciprocate her feelings but that you care about her and you are sorry you can't give her what she wants. Remind her the friendship is valuable and nothing changes. Then remind her you are asexual again and therefore your rejection really has nothing to do with her.

And at least be happy about the compliment. :D

13. aimeeandbeatles

It's not what happened that's a rant; it's the fact that I had no idea how to respond about it.

Anyways, thanks.

14. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Reminds me of when I tried to ask my best friend out in high school. I learned years later from a mutual friend that she had no idea that was coming (at the time I thought that she was suspecting me of having a crush on her, but it appears she was just as not socially knowledgeable as I was!) and that she was afraid that perhaps she had inadvertently led me on. (wasn't the case, though, I just slowly started liking her)

She, being a pretty blunt person to begin with (I'm surprised I managed to gather the courage to ask her out to begin with), rejected me very bluntly and matter-of-factly. I don't know how someone else would have handled it, but what I do remember is that the important thing is that you have to make it clear to your friend that yes, they are going to be rejected, but also that you still want to be their friend. Maybe it's their responsibility to ensure that you guys are still friends, depending on what the whole situation's like (in my situation I felt it would have been my fault if we had a real serious falling out, but it may depend for yours), but you also have to play your part in ensuring that as well. If you guys still value each other as friends, it's very important you guys communicate this across to each other. Me and my best friend from high school managed to do that, and we're still good friends to this day.

15. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Oh I see, my bad. :)

Good luck! And do really emphasize the asexual part so she understands you aren't rejecting her, you really have no attraction to anyone.

16. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

I'd actually say that you should try, to see if the experience does not maybe change some things.
    Because looking back and saying "maybe I should have..." is a painful thing.
    But maybe I'm seeing that wrong.

...that doesn't help too much.
    If you've analyzed all the hints, are there any hints contradicting your current conclusion, and if so, how can they be explained?
    Ask that yourself, to see if there's a chance that it's only you, and to see if there's a way which a) does not break things, b) does not lead to unsafety and c) might clarify things up.

17. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

Well, if you don't like her that way, let her down easily. that's pretty much all i can say. i didn't know you were Asexual though. as for why you, well... you are a kind person. that's all i know of you.

18. PlutonianEmpire

PlutonianEmpire Socially Awkward Goofball

I hate cans of air with a ****ING passion!

Whoever decided it was a good idea to invent cans of air for cleaning electronics needs to be shot and stabbed Jodi Arias-style. Every single god damn time I use one, the damned thing sprays a white material into the device, forcing me to wait four god damn ****ING HOURS for it to dry before I can use my electronic device again! :gripe:

Goddamn. I'm so ****ing pissed.

19. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

um... is the aforementioned electronic on a level surface? cans of air needs to be level, and not pointed up or down.

20. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

You mean the condensation from the cold air PE? Try holding the can further away - also, it shouldn't take more than a few seconds to clear off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.