Random Rants XLVIII: Worst. Thread Title. Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think certain parts of reddit would do equally well as a testing ground.
That's step #2. Chatango is smaller.
west india man said:
Code:
c:\> cd c:\conspi~1\takeov~1\
c:\conspi~1\takeov~1\>evilplan.exe
execute Y/N?
Y
*sound effect*
west india man said:
The Duke of Caxias will rise again! Argentina will pay the loss of Uruguay Cisplatina. Cristina Fernandez will be executed via launch of a super-fast football into her head, and Empress Dilma will use our powerful oil magnates to dominate all of South America!
Oil magnates? We can haz Chevron, man! By royal decree!

We can haz shales, man!

Yes, but there are next to no Humvees here, so we won't burn it all just to take the kids to school and buy margarine.

Look.

Game of Thrones fans.

"Complicated" is not the same thing as "complex".

I'm just saying.

Waiting on U Glasgow mail to get here so I can send off my Visa application...everything else is ready to go, just need that loan letter. Very time sensitive, as I need this Visa application processed sooner rather than later. This is really the only part of my planning that I'm still losing sleep over. Once the Visa is done I'm set, and the rest is very minor stuff! So hurry up and get here :mad: :mad: :mad:

You're moving in with Wee Traitorfishy to start the Glasgow People's Republic?

This Type A? I´ve gradually become less shy over time (at least, since I was 14), but there´s still a way to go. I don´t see myself competing in triathlons, though! :eek:

Well, I mean, as my GF calls it "Confidence bordering on cockiness. I don;t trust wikipedia for anything substantial. However, Amateur Triathletes were recently described as "wealthy type-A personalities" by the NYT which is what I was driving at -- I was born in the year of the Monkey, and monkeys tend to be show=offs and natural competitors and I have that streak.

I thought he meant alpha male type.

But type A works too:

I'm pretty sure it's not really an attractive thing to be.

I get the impression women, and people in general, are more attracted to people who are happy, and comfortable, with themselves. Rather than "driven".
Most women I had relationships with in the past 21 years were attracted to me because I was happy and comfortable with my "driven" ass-kicking Red self. However, that attracted a happy, comfortable, "driven" ass-kicking Red woman who is my equal -- save in age -- in every way -- AND better in others.
But, Borachio, you are correct on all accounts. I don't hunt women for conquests, I work hard to better people's lives, and I just happen to meet the right people along the way. That can happen to anybody.

The take home message is "Just be yourself"? What else could I be?

Spoiler :
This post has been generated by spiderbot.

I told my crush that I like him. And I got no actual response. that's why I shouldn't have done it through skype, but I won't see him in months and I couldn't hold that long. And now I'm as full of doubts as before with the added factor of there being an imbalance since I told him but he didn't say anything back about that.

If you're looking for me, I will probably be crying in a hole I'm digging in the beach.

That's why not to do it on Skype. All awkward conversations should be done face-to-face.

YOU DON'T F*CKING SAY. [pissed]

Why don't you ring him instead? Presumably you can get his phone number from your friend.

I have his phone number, but I hate phones.

I'm not a great fan either, but if it was a quick way to assuage my mounting fears and reduce the boiling pressure on my soul, then I'd do it. You already told him that you were crushing on him, after all - this is a piece of cake by comparison.

I'm getting homesick. I have been spending a lot of time studying with my buddies up at the University and all I want is to spend a full day home with my wife. Even though the ball game yesterday was a lot of fun I still found myself just wanting some alone or with-wife time. Now my buddies want to go out drinking twice this coming weekend which will also be fun but I still want to be home alone - particularly because I'm going to spend so much time studying this week.

Worst of all is it's my own fault that I have to spend so much time studying now. If I had put in more time studying earlier this summer I'd have lots of free time now.

Well I called, but he wouldn't pick it up, so I wrote a haiku instead and tried skype again. Said he's thinking about it. That is good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom