Random Rants XV: Like a Fine Whine

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a guy in my church who thinks apparently global warming was invented by Satan to distract congregations from preaching Jesus by making them preach environmentalism. How the bleep am I supposed to argue with him?

I just walked at MOST 1/2 mile outside from my room to the library, and I'm all sweaty! STUPID 104F HEAT INDEX!!!!!!!!

We have the same problem, but with Gipsies. :gripe:

That's rasist.

There's a guy in my church who thinks apparently global warming was invented by Satan to distract congregations from preaching Jesus by making them preach environmentalism. How the bleep am I supposed to argue with him?

Just tell him that Jesus would preach environmentalism, and find some random crap somewhere to justify that.

Just tell him that Jesus would preach environmentalism, and find some random crap somewhere to justify that.
Won't work. Part of his beef is with congregations who preach "Jesus and X" and otherwise hijack Jesus to support other causes.
FWIW, he's also seized on the "30 years ago lots of people said we were going into an ice age" canard. He is distressingly vague on who 'lots of people' are.

Quote some random scripture at him, and don't stop with the BS until he runs away ;)
I think his ability to quote scripture is greater than mine, so that won't work either.

People keep outbidding me on Ebay! Why can't they just let me get what I want at a reasonable price? THEY'RE STANDING BETWEEN ME AND THE STUFF I WANT! :mad:

Snipe, man, SNIPE!

I found an awesome Soviet Red Army badge to buy and sow onto the front of my ushanka, but I don't know if it's possible to get it. :sad:

EDIT: x-post.

Why do you go to church? I thought Scandinavia was 97% atheist, the rest being muslim?
I go to church because I'm Christian.

What? Muslims up there? 97% atheist? Where do you get your figures?
I'll throw in a suggestion that he got his figures from a djinni. :p

FWIW, Norway has a State Church. It's far from 97% atheist. More like 97% wouldn't join a Christian Crusade.

No way is Michael Schumacher the stig.

Why do you need to argue with him?

Anyways, doesn't it say in Genesis something about how we are only stewards of the earth? The entire universe belongs to God, not us, so yeah it matters what we do with it.

Although if he admits that environmentalism is important but denies anthropic global warming then I don't think there are any specifically religious arguments anywhere that will help.

a tag's calling me a cry baby and it makes me [pissed]

:joke:

my grandma's speakers pervert, corrupt and otherwise ruin perfectly fine music, ESPECIALLY the lyrics.

My girlfriend is playing hard to get by not texting back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom