Random Raves Fifty-one: Anticipation of Joy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know Kyr. Sounds when faced with the prospect of an opponent that wasn't blind, those Spartans <kittened> out.
Now that I'm thinking about it, I can't remember the last Greek athlete to excel in a combat sport, even though they basically invented them. Helen Maroulis is the only one I can think of, right off the top of my head, and she didn't compete for Greece. Heck, they should just get it over with and rename 'Greco-Roman Wrestling' as 'Russian Wrestling.'

Ruh roh...I think that's more shots fired.

My move is finally done. Official, except I still have access to my old mailbox for a month (to make sure no interruptions in the mail and parcel delivery while I take care of address change stuff).

And on the umpteenth day, Valka rested.

At least for another 5 days, until NaNoWriMo starts (at least this time I started making an outline that will have to carry me through 50,000 words).

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

I was just thinking how satisfying the sound of the bonus item moving around in Ms. Pac-Man.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Uhm, Syn, be careful. I once drank coffee for also the first time in months during the quarantine and I didn't fall asleep until dawn.

Drinking caffeine/coffee for the first time post-hospital. Haven't died yet.
Next time you see a Loomis driver, breathe on him for me.

Funny how they seem to think proper delivery means either taking off without delivering because I tell them it's going to take extra time to get to the lobby from the 4th floor, or coming back and dumping the parcel in the lobby where anyone can steal it and not even telling me it was there (my new neighbor spotted it and knocked on my door to tell me).

Uhm, Syn, be careful. I once drank coffee for also the first time in months during the quarantine and I didn't fall asleep until dawn.

I've never had that problem. Usually with caffeine it's a gamble of whether or not it'll give me a little more energy for a couple hours or if it'll just make me shaky. Today was the latter. But still not sick, so I'll call it a win. Caffeine and coffee were strong bans for recovery.

In my case (as we hilariously discussed later of fiddychat) I hadn't drunk coffee in over a year. POOM I was stimulated.

By all means call it a win if you're surviving, given what you've been going through lately.

Feeling my baby moving around and kicking in my womb is one of the most wonderful sensations I have ever experienced in my life.
Enjoy it while it lasts. Closer to birth it will be more painful than wonderful. That stretch between significant morning sickness and martial artist in the belly is pretty great, though.

Feeling my baby moving around and kicking in my womb is one of the most wonderful sensations I have ever experienced in my life.
Just last night I rewatched the episode of Evil that features a pregnant woman. You probably shouldn't watch it. :lol:

bawwwwwwwwww

@MaryKB More and better ones are on the way. :)

I have won some skirmishes against the insurance companies this morning.

I believe it was either @Arwon or @Traitorfish that pointed out that the American insurance industry has become the largest make-work program on Earth and I can emphatically agree. There are not enough superlatives to describe how opaque, byzantine and awful our insurance bureaucracy has become. With my wife going to the doctor regularly now for prenatal checkups, it's become an ever-loving nightmare to deal with. The fact that we have two insurance companies did not mean that we gained more coverage, it instead meant we have twice as much insurance infrastructure to deal with and twice as much chance that billing and claims would be misfiled by either insurance company or the doctor's offices.

It has become a part-time job to stay on top of it all and of course the stakes are quite high with each doctor billing multi-thousands of dollars for routine prenatal checkups.

Last edited:
Wow @hobbsyoyo, I'm so sorry about your wife's experience and all the difficulty you're having. I'm glad you've had some victories, but really this should be so much easier for you.

I'm glad (lucky?) that so far my process has been incredibly simple and clean. My hospital had my insurance info on file and they just send me occasional bills for my part that's due.

I hope you both have a better time going forward. Nothing like some stressful bureaucracy to put a damper on what should be such a joyful period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom