Random Raves LII: Years May Come, Years May Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, Irish had a cadre of her college friends over to work on a school project. I bought them a cake. [party]

One of the girls is the daughter of the guy who gave Rudy to my driver. The dog still remembers her. :hug:

The girls loved Mouse and Easy, but Poseidon and Boots ran and hid.

Yesterday I got a call from a stranger who is tasked to research the heirs of Andrew Poage Woods. He apparently died in 1862 intestate and left reserved mineral rights on WV land to his 9 children. One of those children was my great great grandmother. Those rights have apparently been passed down through the generations unknown to any of his descendants. Now an oil company is looking to lease those rights from all the living heirs so they can drill for oil on those properties. :lol: I cannot imagine just how many living heirs there might be, probably a bunch. In any case it is interesting that such a research is taking place since the knowledge of those mineral rights has been long lost among our family. In fact my first thoughts were that this was some sort of scam. I wonder how it will unfold.

You sure it's not a very elaborate Nigerian prince scam?

What does it do, besides sit there, waiting to vaporize Alderaan?

It's a lamp, and you can change the colour, and it comes with 3 motives (death star, millenium falcon, R2D2).
That's enough for me :D.

It's a lamp, and you can change the colour, and it comes with 3 motives (death star, millenium falcon, R2D2).
That's enough for me :D.

I hope you meant motif there.
When lamps start having motives they stop needing people.

Yesterday I got a call from a stranger who is tasked to research the heirs of Andrew Poage Woods. He apparently died in 1862 intestate and left reserved mineral rights on WV land to his 9 children. One of those children was my great great grandmother. Those rights have apparently been passed down through the generations unknown to any of his descendants. Now an oil company is looking to lease those rights from all the living heirs so they can drill for oil on those properties. :lol: I cannot imagine just how many living heirs there might be, probably a bunch. In any case it is interesting that such a research is taking place since the knowledge of those mineral rights has been long lost among our family. In fact my first thoughts were that this was some sort of scam. I wonder how it will unfold.
They do dig for oil in Nigeria.

Could be, but the guy has an OK linkdedin profile with a working phone number in WV. But as soon as he askes me for a bank account number I'll bolt.

They do dig for oil in Nigeria.
I'm sure in Nigeria they still dig for oil. In the US we mostly drill.... :p

Could be, but the guy has an OK linkdedin profile with a working phone number in WV. But as soon as he askes me for a bank account number I'll bolt.

That sounds reassuring, although it could be really elaborate.
(given from what I know, I assume you're not on the poorer side of people lol, so it might be worth it)

A whole new panel sounds appropriate and while doing that, think about upping the amp service to meet modern needs.
The electrician replied
"The Panel replacement will be the same size panel of 150 amps, if we change the panel size to 200 amp would be considered a service change which we would have to change panel and outside service which would be much more expensive.

The panel replacement would correct the serious problem of a shorted panel

I can only guarantee the price i quoted for only so long that's why the quote says 8 days because material price changes often."

Everything still seems to be working fine inside. (The outside lights that had not worked for a years still don't work. I thought the front porch light could have just been a burnt out bulb, but it turns out the bulb was fine. That light started flicking like a strobe lamp a couple nights ago, but otherwise just stays off. The electrician had said there is no point trying to address it before changing the panel.) I guess we could wait for my Habitat associate to get back next month to give a second opinion as to whether we really need to replace it. I guess the $1500 price we were quoted is technically not guaranteed anymore now anyway, as 8 days from the proposal was yesterday.

It will be great to get that box fixed. :)

My boss gave me a bonus check, about equal to a week's pay. I guess I'm not a donkey? Well, not at work, anyway. :D

My boss gave me a bonus check, about equal to a week's pay. I guess I'm not a donkey? Well, not at work, anyway. :D
Are you going to spend it on something cool or save it?

I'd suggest buying something small (less than 20-25% of the bonus) and putting the rest in your savings account.

So, you've lost weight? Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom