Random Raves : Tank Goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
At long last! Our system administrator has opened up to the idea of installing adblock.
Plase explain.
Got some sweet clothes tonight for Christmas. Dark blue skinny pants, some argyle socks, red chucks, and new flannel pajamas. I'm set.
Rants thread is that way --->

Plase explain.

Rants thread is that way --->

Eh, I'm reaching the age at which there's not much else one can get me. Books, I suppose, but I have a backlog already. Games? There's Steam now. Body armor? Too expensive. Archery kit? Already have plenty.

Well, he is not at that age. And there's always something people can surprise you with.

And we already have Christmas smileys. I know, I know, "Rants thread is that way --->"

Eh, I'm reaching the age at which there's not much else one can get me. Books, I suppose, but I have a backlog already. Games? There's Steam now. Body armor? Too expensive. Archery kit? Already have plenty.

Yeah, I know that feeling. My "Christmas list" can usually fit on a post it note and is usually limited to a pair of socks or something practical. Really I just as soon get the socks myself and dispense with the formalities. Holiday = "day off work" and that's about it. But like I said elsewhere, I think the peace and goodwill aspect of the season is nice. As an aging bachelor, though, the "family" part of it seems to get less and less important.

Well, he is not at that age. And there's always something people can surprise you with.

I dunno how old he is, but if I recall, he's not much younger than me.

Plase explain.

Well, you see, for some reason, our system administrator things all .exe files are virus-bringing death sentences, and did not want to install ad-block on any of our servers.

Up until now.

Sadly, it seems that it'll have to be manually installed, as the servers can't do it. For some reason. Servers are complicated.

My Christmas list used to be three or four things I really wanted. Nowadays it includes around a dozen albums, a few movies and maybe some book, which I dont need to specify because that's all I have been ever getting for Christmas. Not that I complain about that.

My rave is the semester is over.

My Christmas wish list is a very small list of impossible, very personal dreams, either that or I don't really care, just give me some money and I'll fogure simething out.

I went through a scotch appreciation phase. Malt whiskey all the way, it was for me. (With, for the connoiseur, just a small quantity of water to release the full flavour, apparently. Though to be honest I was never that fussy. But never with ice!)

I quite enjoyed it, as I recall.

Much better than my gin phase.

You can even join a scotch malt whiskey club. I knew a man who did. They send you regular samples of the stuff in return for your subscription.

An ever-changing sensory adventure

Join us for an ever-changing sensory adventure. Leave behind your preconceptions, open your mind and set your compass for absurdly intriguing variety.

As a member of The Scotch Malt Whisky Society you belong to a unique fellowship. Kindred spirits united by one abiding passion – exploring the world’s finest single cask whiskies…dram by dram

And members write to each other to relate how much they enjoy drinking it.

Rave: three days after writing my medical request, for this, got to see doctor, get immediate diagnosis, appointment for follow-up, and Rx for topical meds. Tomorrow, blood wotk.

ObamaCare can suck it, I got all this through my independent, non-government organization at zero cost.

CommieCare!

Wait, I thought we had Christmas smilies yesterday. Did they disappear?

:(

I dunno how old he is, but if I recall, he's not much younger than me.
He's young enough to still have dreams.

We should crush them under our iron fist.
Well, you see, for some reason, our system administrator things all .exe files are virus-bringing death sentences, and did not want to install ad-block on any of our servers.

Up until now.

Sadly, it seems that it'll have to be manually installed, as the servers can't do it. For some reason. Servers are complicated.
I think this means school connections.
No Christmas smilies this year.
Don't get my hopes up!

I'm seeing christmas smilies, what are you guys talking about?

For a second c_h made me think the ugly things had somehow been eradicated.

That's a considerable amount, then. I imagine because you're soon to be 65, rather than your current condition drastically improving?

No, I'm 30.

Too much health crap wrong with me to summarise into one post. I was getting Incapacity Benefit for many years, and then ESA since my reassessment in february. Then I filled in a PIP form and another £100 a week.

I kept trying with DLA in the past, they never gave me it. PIP was a lot easier because I already had the Atos assessment and they use the info from that towards deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom