Random Raves : Tank Goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 days of trying to do the bare minimum possible and then I go on the holidays!

Εγώ είμαι ο Ταχίσης, Αυτοκράτωρ, Βασιλιάς, ϗ Μεγάς Τύραννος τους ράβες.

Τους ράβες και τους άραβες :p

(just some grammar mistake pointed, for the non-high language speakers here :) ).

I got accepted to work on the American Model United Nations secretariat next year, so that's good news during finals week.

Oh, you've got a bf now, Mr Garu? That's good. I'm happy for you.

My niece isn't even 2 years old yet, and she is already fluent in 2 languages! Sort of!

Yesterday she properly used the possessive form of the word "grandmother" in Polish, even though we've never taught her anything of the sort. We're not sure how she figured that one out.. It kinda blew our minds.. It just came out of her mouth and it was grammatically proper. She also seems to understand a lot of stuff we say to her.. almost everything. In 2 languages.

She also sings various songs she's heard, and she seems to get all the notes bang on, if not the words.

I know that I'm biased, but I think we have a genius on our hands. I am going to have to buy her some more books. :D and/or educational toys.

Based on only a few general details I managed to pick out a friend's favorite wine for a gift. Beginner's luck, I suppose.

Rave: My friends at my college are awesome, and I don't deserve them.

Rant: I'll be abandoning them when I leave country in March. :(

That's pretty impressive. Someone having a favorite wine means they put thought into it.

Folks I know mostly fall under the "15 USD wine that 'tastes' like 25 USD" wine

Rave: 2 days of pointlessness until im free

Finally the X-mas smileys are here! :D
(and i have a web connection again).

Also: i was offered a paying gig related to my prestigious philosophy seminars :)
  • :thumbsdown:
  • :thumbsup:
  • :thumbsup:
My niece isn't even 2 years old yet, and she is already fluent in 2 languages! Sort of!

Yesterday she properly used the possessive form of the word "grandmother" in Polish, even though we've never taught her anything of the sort. We're not sure how she figured that one out.. It kinda blew our minds.. It just came out of her mouth and it was grammatically proper. She also seems to understand a lot of stuff we say to her.. almost everything. In 2 languages.

She also sings various songs she's heard, and she seems to get all the notes bang on, if not the words.

I know that I'm biased, but I think we have a genius on our hands. I am going to have to buy her some more books. :D and/or educational toys.
That is great news! She would be a good instrument for my evil plans… tell me if you're willing to have her corrupted into a world-class sub-tyrant.

Rave: My friends at my college are awesome, and I don't deserve them.

Rant: I'll be abandoning them when I leave country in March. :(

That's what skype and facebook are for.

RAVE! The last three of the Cuban Five, true patriots held for 16 years unfairly by US authorities, are home.

Glory be to justice, though delayed, but hard fought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom