1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Raves XXXV: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems

Discussion in 'Picture Threads Archive' started by Joecoolyo, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton Awake

After I personally told Cracked in their comment section to pull their latest article trying to present Scientology as just another harmless religion they eventually did so. However, I am still not certain weather this wasn't some kind of overtly subtle and clever satire since only a day before that they posted an article talking about how terrible Scientology ws and how they stomp out criticism by harassing people with lawsuits.

2. GreekAnalyzer

GreekAnalyzer Back from the Dead

I saw that too, really hate that religion is like that.

3. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Vnlike mine contemporaries, I taketh mvch pride and satisfacktione in the prackticalle applickatione of consistencie. Methinks it is proper, and prvdente, thate svch methodes be adopteth by learned men. Consistencie encovrageth the minde to be focvsed, sharpe, and disciplined, vvhich art importante skilles for anie aspiringe philosopher and theologiane. It is, alas, moste vnfortvnate that despite thy praises, thate mine writinge has not complete consistencie; if thov looketh moste closelie, and investigate these vvordes vvhich I hath committed to this greate forvm, thate I hath, dve to defeckte of mine mind and sovl, prodvced manie errores and inconsistencies.

I thanketh thee for thy wise covnsel, and shalle remembereth to forgoeth, and banisheth, the vile zed from mine speeche, to better pleaseth the wise and learned men and women of this greate forvm of thinkers.

This is yonder trveste and avthenticke speeche of Sir Madvikinge I hath seeneth todaye. It is eloqvent in its brevity, accvrate in its poetrie, and lyricalle in its mimickrie.

4. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

I replaced my aging 2012 Nexus 7 with the newer 2013 model and holy cow, what an upgrade. Nothing short of fantastic, really feels like a flagship device – and I only paid $125 for it :D

Other rave is that I'm replacing my replacement phone for my broken S3 I've had for too long on Sunday with something else.

5. Verarde

Verarde Pondering Wearing A Hat

Life can be really simple at times. Other times, it can be extremely complex. The complex parts of life can be extremely interesting yet stressful, while the simple times can be relaxing yet boring. I wish there was a word to describe when life feels simple and complex at the same time, but I can't think of one right now. I don't think it really matters.

I asked her out, and she said yes. It was a pretty simple thing, but really complex. And now I'm dating someone. Pretty simple, yet very complex.

I'm also pretty happy.

6. schlaufuchs

schlaufuchs La Femme Moderne

ooh boy im in full ron mode here gents

DRUNK ON CFC

Link to video.

7. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Just one post on drunkenness is not enough, dear. ;)

8. schlaufuchs

as far as you know

9. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Thov art mvche a merrie, goode drvnk, Sir Madvikinge.

10. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Well, bundle, in the spirit of Cutlassicity I must tell you that all you need's some tush.

11. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton Awake

I like my family. And it is fun. The fortune of having two intelligent brothers, maybe. And a mum who has been known to leave the bar as the latest gal. I don't know. Don't know many families. But I enjoy it.

12. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

I've decided to believe there's a half-assed positive conspiracy to help me and anyone open to it. Whenever someone does something that hurts or frustrates, I'm considering part of the grand plan to make my life better. This has been very helpful the past few weeks.

It's like religion but the god hides in sociology or something.

13. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

Or something.

You might want to be careful. What you are describing sounds dangerously close to karma, and you don't want to blow your hip and cool irreligiousness. ;)

14. schlaufuchs

naw man he aint religious. hes spiritual

15. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

Religion + (hip + cool) = Spirituality ?

:mischief:

16. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

I'm feeling pretty happy recently. I think things are looking up again, and that makes me happy :)

17. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

The official report on the emergency services response to the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing was released on Friday. Among the good news:

- The medical personnel deployed to the Marathon finish line (in anticipation of typical runner injuries & fatigue) transitioned quickly into a triage facility using established Mass Casualty Incident procedures.
    - Area ambulance companies responded to the activation of a mutual aid system with 73 additional ambulances.
    - All wounded were delivered to area hospitals within 50 minutes.
    - All area hospitals successfully implemented mass casualty procedures.
    - All wounded delivered to area hospitals survived their wounds.

- An ad-hoc Unified Command Center was quickly established in a nearby hotel.
    - Boston police effectively controlled the area, providing for ingress & egress of emergency vehicles, civilian evacuation, bomb disposal teams, and evidence collection teams.
    - Area police quickly upgraded security at other potential targets (mass transit, hospitals, etc).
    - Explosive ordinance disposal teams from FBI, ATF, US Navy, US Air Force, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Rhode Island quickly integrated with their Massachusetts colleagues to clear the area of all bags and piles of trash abandoned by fleeing civilians. Hundreds of 911 calls about "suspicious packages" were also handled in the subsequent days.

18. Farm Boy

Farm Boy You gave me my own tail?

Pretty much, yes? It's the "I don't play well enough with others to have a congregation" sort of religion. :p

19. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Fiftychat is back, somehow!

20. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

A Weeping Angel night light is a fantastic idea. :lol:

Spoiler :

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.