Random Raves XXXV: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
After I personally told Cracked in their comment section to pull their latest article trying to present Scientology as just another harmless religion they eventually did so. However, I am still not certain weather this wasn't some kind of overtly subtle and clever satire since only a day before that they posted an article talking about how terrible Scientology ws and how they stomp out criticism by harassing people with lawsuits.

Your spelling is far too consistent to be authentic. :)

Vnlike mine contemporaries, I taketh mvch pride and satisfacktione in the prackticalle applickatione of consistencie. Methinks it is proper, and prvdente, thate svch methodes be adopteth by learned men. Consistencie encovrageth the minde to be focvsed, sharpe, and disciplined, vvhich art importante skilles for anie aspiringe philosopher and theologiane. It is, alas, moste vnfortvnate that despite thy praises, thate mine writinge has not complete consistencie; if thov looketh moste closelie, and investigate these vvordes vvhich I hath committed to this greate forvm, thate I hath, dve to defeckte of mine mind and sovl, prodvced manie errores and inconsistencies.

(Plus points for putting a u in honour; minus points for putting a zed in apologiseth.)

I thanketh thee for thy wise covnsel, and shalle remembereth to forgoeth, and banisheth, the vile zed from mine speeche, to better pleaseth the wise and learned men and women of this greate forvm of thinkers.

this briefly confused the hell out of me

This is yonder trveste and avthenticke speeche of Sir Madvikinge I hath seeneth todaye. It is eloqvent in its brevity, accvrate in its poetrie, and lyricalle in its mimickrie.

I replaced my aging 2012 Nexus 7 with the newer 2013 model and holy cow, what an upgrade. Nothing short of fantastic, really feels like a flagship device – and I only paid $125 for it :D

Other rave is that I'm replacing my replacement phone for my broken S3 I've had for too long on Sunday with something else.

Life can be really simple at times. Other times, it can be extremely complex. The complex parts of life can be extremely interesting yet stressful, while the simple times can be relaxing yet boring. I wish there was a word to describe when life feels simple and complex at the same time, but I can't think of one right now. I don't think it really matters.

I asked her out, and she said yes. It was a pretty simple thing, but really complex. And now I'm dating someone. Pretty simple, yet very complex.

I'm also pretty happy.

Just one post on drunkenness is not enough, dear. ;)

Well, bundle, in the spirit of Cutlassicity I must tell you that all you need's some tush.

I've decided to believe there's a half-assed positive conspiracy to help me and anyone open to it. Whenever someone does something that hurts or frustrates, I'm considering part of the grand plan to make my life better. This has been very helpful the past few weeks.

It's like religion but the god hides in sociology or something.

I've decided to believe there's a half-assed positive conspiracy to help me and anyone open to it. Whenever someone does something that hurts or frustrates, I'm considering part of the grand plan to make my life better. This has been very helpful the past few weeks.

It's like religion but the god hides in sociology or something.

Or something.

You might want to be careful. What you are describing sounds dangerously close to karma, and you don't want to blow your hip and cool irreligiousness. ;)

Or something.

You might want to be careful. What you are describing sounds dangerously close to karma, and you don't want to blow your hip and cool irreligiousness. ;)

naw man he aint religious. hes spiritual

The official report on the emergency services response to the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing was released on Friday. Among the good news:

- The medical personnel deployed to the Marathon finish line (in anticipation of typical runner injuries & fatigue) transitioned quickly into a triage facility using established Mass Casualty Incident procedures.
- Area ambulance companies responded to the activation of a mutual aid system with 73 additional ambulances.
- All wounded were delivered to area hospitals within 50 minutes.
- All area hospitals successfully implemented mass casualty procedures.
- All wounded delivered to area hospitals survived their wounds.

- An ad-hoc Unified Command Center was quickly established in a nearby hotel.
- Boston police effectively controlled the area, providing for ingress & egress of emergency vehicles, civilian evacuation, bomb disposal teams, and evidence collection teams.
- Area police quickly upgraded security at other potential targets (mass transit, hospitals, etc).
- Explosive ordinance disposal teams from FBI, ATF, US Navy, US Air Force, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Rhode Island quickly integrated with their Massachusetts colleagues to clear the area of all bags and piles of trash abandoned by fleeing civilians. Hundreds of 911 calls about "suspicious packages" were also handled in the subsequent days.

Religion + (hip + cool) = Spirituality ?

:mischief:

Pretty much, yes? It's the "I don't play well enough with others to have a congregation" sort of religion. :p

Fiftychat is back, somehow!

A Weeping Angel night light is a fantastic idea. :lol:

Spoiler :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom