Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw a Canada Post van on the street... on a Sunday.

Mind. Blown.
More people are ordering more online, which means more parcels to deliver. They deliver on Sundays in December so they don't have quite as huge a backlog of Christmas stuff, and I guess this is another such situation. And things can happen quite suddenly. All it takes is one doctor going on CBC to remind people to moisturize their skin because of all the handwashing going on lately, and boom! next thing you know, the stores are out of lotion. The place where I buy my soap was down to 2 bars, and yeah, I snagged them. I feel not one shred of guilt, because due to allergy reasons, that's the only soap I can use.

I'm expecting a grocery delivery today. They started Sunday deliveries this week, which will really help as it was getting to the point of having to make an appointment to have your order taken days later, never mind an appointment to have it delivered (my grocery store is not set up for online ordering, though their weekly flyer is online).

Are they delivering Amazon parcels now?
Canada Post delivers Amazon parcels sometimes, but it depends on if you buy from Amazon itself or from a Marketplace vendor. These days you're apt to get stuff via Canada Post, (3-letter company), (5-letter company), (9-letter company), or several other courier companies (I'm not naming them due to the incident when one of them decided to make an account here - somehow evading the bot-detector - and wanted to handle my complaint right there in the then-current Rants thread). It wasn't Canada Post that delivered my most recent Amazon parcel (season 3 of The Handmaid's Tale), but rather some other company... thankfully not one that refuses to come inside the building. I'm desperately hoping London Drugs is sending the cat litter via Canada Post because the driver here does his best to bring stuff right to my door. There's no way that would fit in the parcel locker (London Drugs had a really good price, so I snagged the maximum number allowed).

The quarantine is mind-numbing.
I had many thoughts during that time, but they weren't random enough to mention. Some of them have been quite focused, but expressing them here would result in an inappropriate language infraction. Funny how the provincial politicians bring out that level of anger.

I am trying to investigate "Why do packets of peanuts have warnings saying "may contain nuts" on them?" Heck ! Why does everything have "may contain nuts" label ? Is there a nut conspiracy ? Why are they always adding nuts ? Why did I had nuts in my no-nuts vanilla ice cream today and in my potato chips and in my fish o.O ? I know people have allergies but this is nuts ! :crazyeye:

I am trying to investigate "Why do packets of peanuts have warnings saying "may contain nuts" on them?" Heck ! Why does everything have "may contain nuts" label ? Is there a nut conspiracy ? Why are they always adding nuts ? Why did I had nuts in my no-nuts vanilla ice cream today and in my potato chips and in my fish o.O ? I know people have allergies but this is nuts ! :crazyeye:

Technically speaking, peanuts are actually legumes. What I find more questionable is jars of peanut butters that say they "may contain peanuts."

What I find more questionable is jars of peanut butters that say they "may contain peanuts."

Maybe accidentally they have made a legitimate peanut butter instead of the usual mix of E-330, E-340, E-xxx with salt and substitues :D

Normally this indicates that the product was produced in a factory, where also nuts are processed.
Since you can't make the environment always 100% clean, they just put on the warning label, since you never know if some left over nut material was in the e.g. grinder (or wherever) before.

And, nut allergies can be a killer.

Like that. Nothing says focus and sequentiality like "banana."

And, nut allergies can be a killer.
There was a guy in the local SCA who reacts to garlic like some people react to nuts. It isn't easy avoiding garlic at large SCA events, but locally it was easy enough for the autocrat (person in charge of organizing events) to stipulate that garlic would not be used as an ingredient in the feast. It made for some interesting workarounds at times, as cinnamon is also a popular thing to use for flavoring. But this guy's immune system is really weird... garlic can kill him, but cinnamon makes him high.

Your post is #775. You responded to post #774.

Sequentiality is preserved. :scan:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom