Romney vs Obama Round 2 Commentary Thread

Who Won The Second Debate?

• Total voters
He who constantly uses the daily show for his political coverage ultimately loses at political discussion.

Its just comedy yo. Nothing more, and certainly not serious.
Indeed. No one ever uses comedy to make a serious point.

He who uses an ad hominem to dismiss a point however ....

The question is now, does the Daily Show educate its viewers better, or is it the educated viewers who become frustrated with traditional media and instead decide to take it all as comedy?

He who constantly uses the daily show for his political coverage ultimately loses at political discussion.

Its just comedy yo. Nothing more, and certainly not serious.
Were any of the clips from Fox News talking heads not completely accurate? Do you deny they made these statements on the air?

How is the Daily Show any different than Fox News, other than being far more truthful and factual and even less biased, of course?

The Daily Show's media commentary is usually spot on.
Many Republicans seem to have a very difficult time handling the truth. Just look at Romney's talking points. Many of them are disingenuous at best, and some of them are outright lies.

Romney looked ridiculously villainous during this debate. It was almost as though you could see a stereotypically industrial villain debating the President.

The saddest part is that both of them were trying to claim the mantle of pro oil and pro coal at the same time. Climate Change wasn't brought up during the debate.

If I thought she had any chance at all to win I'd vote for Jill Stein instead of Obama. There's still no way in hell I'd ever vote for Rmoney.

The question is now, does the Daily Show educate its viewers better, or is the educated viewers who become frustrated with traditional media and instead decide to take it all as comedy?

I think it's a little of column A and a little of column B.

Haven't seen all of it, but Obama's voice seemed unsteady and his thoughts disordered. Like he suffered a microstroke or an alien impostor.

Romney looked ridiculously villainous during this debate. It was almost as though you could see a stereotypically industrial villain debating the President.

The saddest part is that both of them were trying to claim the mantle of pro oil and pro coal at the same time. Climate Change wasn't brought up during the debate.

If I thought she had any chance at all to win I'd vote for Jill Stein instead of Obama. There's still no way in hell I'd ever vote for Rmoney.
Believe it or not, I'm voting Stein.

Believe it or not, I'm voting Stein.

I absolutely endorse this position. I'd like your third parties to grow.

... Well, I endorse it as long as Mitt doesn't win.

I'd like the Libertarians in before the Republicans right now.

Third parties will not win anytime soon, our system isn't set up to have multiple parties (unfortunately). I fully realize I am throwing my vote away into a void of righteous disgruntlement.

Our system is so screwed up over here that I really don't see any meaningful repair coming from either of the two main candidates or parties for decades.

Well that Libya exchange screwed the pooch. Not only was Romney right, but the moderator dared actually take sides (and be wrong to boot) and petty much reduced the whole thing to a laughing stock.

Even if that wasn't the case the thing was already a laughing stock. This whole dynamic of the debates has basically boiled down to both sides attempting to be "more aggressive" and each side alternating between ass and buffoon in a ham fisted attempt to accomplish that.

Obama had three minutes more talking time. That's three debates where they got more talking time, way to go moderation!

Bold is the wrong attitude. You may need to lose the battle to win the war. In my case, that's supporting Gary Johnson even if it means another Obama term.

Romney and Obama are both sick. They act like there's a mountain of difference between them. Its really just "Yeah, I'll do that, but better." No legitimate debate. Why not just run an Obama/Romney ticket and let Gary Johnson get in as the GOP nominee, becuase Obama and Romney really seem like they are on the same team but trying not to be:crazyeye:

Pretty ignorant statements concerning "assault weapons" by Obama.

I really thought he supported reinstating the failed "assault weapon ban" because it's a popular Democrat talking point but apparently he really is just ignorant on the subject like the majority of it's proponents.

Props to Romney for calling him on it, but Obama was right about one thing: Romney supported an Assault weapon ban in Mass. even though Romney claims it got support for both sides and that the law also included protections for gun owners.

It's funny how Romney only became a gun totin' 2nd amendment waving NRA member during this election campaign.

Its typical:rolleyes:

Coal is WAY too important in Ohio for either candidate to even pretend to care about climate change. I'm surprise Obama bothered defending alternative energy.

Bold is the wrong attitude. You may need to lose the battle to win the war. In my case, that's supporting Gary Johnson even if it means another Obama term.
In your case, it means sitting at home because you're not allowed to vote.

Well that Libya exchange screwed the pooch. Not only was Romney right, but the moderator dared actually take sides (and be wrong to boot) and petty much reduced the whole thing to a laughing stock.

Even if that wasn't the case the thing was already a laughing stock. This whole dynamic of the debates has basically boiled down to both sides attempting to be "more aggressive" and each side alternating between ass and buffoon in a ham fisted attempt to accomplish that.

Obama had three minutes more talking time. That's three debates where they got more talking time, way to go moderation!

That was Mitt Romney's fault. He used his time to ask the President a direct question, early in the debate, and the President answered. It took about 1 1/2 minutes, which leads to the 3 minute discrepancy.

That was Mitt Romney's fault. He used his time to ask the President a direct question, early in the debate, and the President answered. It took about 1 1/2 minutes, which leads to the 3 minute discrepancy.
Ha! Wrong!
It was Bush's fault.

Top Bottom