ROTQM8 - Rune Oaths Terrify Quarrying Midgets

Spoiler :

I think you have ROTQM8 confused with a whole nother kind of succession game, Pepé Le Pew.

this has to be the funniest statement i've seen on CFC in my time here.

also, w(hen)tf are they going to get rid of these damn santa hats?!?

@pholkherina:

You could at least have read Jet's or my posts stating that Sorcery would be a good tech to get. But well, at least going 0% science didn't hurt us too much as we can run 100% now a while... ;)

i did a quick scan of yours, but i guess i didn't go that far back...i figured my number one rule was "do no harm"

The dwarves have gone a bit wonder happy.

Great Library and City of 1000 slums are nearly cooked as well. We also have a GE lying about. Maybe Winter Palace (equivalent of Versailles) in the Bannor territory.

Actually, to be more correct, I should say ex-Bannor.

Yeah, whatever, you're dead. :p

Research went Hunting, Priesthood and Sorcery (not sure what the big rush on this as we had precisely 1 adept, now 2). Set on Fanatcism but no beakers and haven't directed Dopey onto anything yet.

Founded another city to grab the wine and mana (building air for Maelstorm), building another city for incense and sheep down south.

We should direct our small but effective stack towards Jonas and maybe send some Gargoyles to help Sneezy up north.

Attachments

• ROTQM8 AD-0326.CivBeyondSwordSave
    330 KB · Views: 74
Got it 89.

I played 37 turns. I think I'm developing a Napoleon complex. "High"lights:
* I researched Trade and Iron Working, then shut off research for rush buying. Any cities we keep go [culture bomb with Thane of Kilmorph] -> Courthouse -> Market -> Blasting Workshop -> Iron Golem*.
* Now I'm researching Bowyers. We don't have a Longbow unit (the replacement is the Gargoyle, which we got at Engineering) but Bowyers is on the way to Machinery, which gives us better Windmills (that trigger the Financial trait), the Clockwork Golem unit, and the Crossbowman unit. Not that we need any of those things. In hindsight I guess Gunpowder would have been better, since it gives +1 hammer to mine tiles.
* One city is building Thanes of Kilmorph and another is building Adepts. The job of the Adepts is to take Mobility (just to move them around faster) and Enchantment I, and follow the Golems around casting Repair to heal them. The job of the Thanes of Kilmorph is to take Mobility and blow themselves up as culture bombs in any cities we want to keep.
* Tebryn is dead. Our hero stack is in the north, returning from killing him.
* Falamar is almost out and is under heavy pressure from Kandros. We have a golem stack on the way to Falamar's territory if needed.
* In the east are the Orcs and the Elves. That's where I'm spending most of our rush buy money now, because that's the front where we need units the most.
* We have a Golem-and-Adept stack outside the Orc capital ready to finish it off. Keep it or raze, it doesn't really matter.
* On the other side of the Orcs are the Dark Elves. We're holding a border city on that border. Don't leave any weak units in the open anywhere near the Dark Elves. Faeryl has the Raiders trait, which gives the Commando promotion to all her living units.
* The last civ is the Malakim. They might be on the other side of the Elves, but we don't have a clear view of how to get there.
* We have some Hawks that can do recon missions. Try it; it's fun. They can also rebase to any friendly city, or on to Hunter units. I think most of our Hunters have died to Bears, but we have one city that can build more Hunters and Hawks. I queued up Hunters there.
* Our dead hunters captured some Bears. You can add them to a city to make an entertainment building that gives culture and happy. Not that we need it.

Hooray!

Attachments

• ROTQM8 AD-0363.CivBeyondSwordSave
    361 KB · Views: 65
a wonka-themed sg??

only if it covered the genocidal forced-relocation of the oompa-loompas. Slave labor. willie wonka was a crazed despot.

Now we've done it. All this talk of chocolate factories has distracted our next player. We may never see the rest of our neighbors cut down to size.

So a funny thing happened on the way to this turn report...I played the wrong save. About two turns in, I started wondering why none of the stuff in Jet's report made any sense. That's when I realized that I truly am dumber than a bag of hammers, and loaded up the right save.

Just a check at the beginning...

We're a long way off from a domination. Close to a conquest, methinks. Press enter...

First blood went to Kandros...

Bowyers came in and Jet was kind enough to auto-set the tech path into machinery (though I did remember that from the report)...

Finally, it was my turn to kill something.

No more orcses, precious.

One of the things I was confused about was why we had these triremes on the move. So I saw the sea serpent and went after it. Unfortunately, a different sort of sea monster saw me.

Yay! That same trireme also killed the serpent a few turns later, so he ought to be promo-eligible.

After that, it was on to the Dark Elf lady. Here's where I think I might have hosed us on something good. I stepped on this wassyercallit thingy.

I thought it was just decoration, on some kind of wonder she built. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to step on it until we had something. I'm sorry, guys. I'm dumb.

We also birthed an engineer in Ahem.

Other than that, we're about to see what the other dark meat tastes like.

I do have a small stack in the west, with a few other troops joining up. (No adepts and missionaries, though.

I have left several units on long go-tos. I really don't care if that irks you. The next player can cancel them. Otherwise, just be content knowing that they're all going to kill something and leave it at that.

Attachments

• ROTQM8 AD-0370.CivBeyondSwordSave
    364.7 KB · Views: 75
Dave bustled into the doors of the Dwarven Palace. He ran over to guards and a servant, spilling a tray full with good mugs of ale in the process. It landed on the King. As the throne room roared with laughter the King turned scarlet and yelled: "I'll send you all to the fronts for this!"

Quite unimpressed the laughter continued, and Dave just said: "Really? May I? Because the front is where the festivities are, where the women are wild and the beer is a-plenty! I heard even our Golems join in the fray and have fun, now that the Fireballs are doing all the dirty work!"

The King just sat there in awe about this unlooked-for display of utter disrespect. Finally he broke out in tears, and said silently: "Have I ruled the greatest nation of this Earth just to find out at the end they are a bunch of lunatics whose only interest is partying and ale? And for this I sent my son into the wild because I thought he was too wicked with all his ideas. I'll go searching for him, and maybe we both can find a nice place away from the idiots where we can rest and go fishing..."

He took down is crown, and was never seen again in the great throne room. And with this the days of King Dumbford Underpants began...

------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------

I killed the Skeleton guarding the hut. And we pop Warhorses! Not that it matters much, but I staert the Ride of the Nine Kings in AHEM Visibility - "just because we can"™.

As this game draws to an end a last explanation for our FfH noobs. The Golems are obscenely overpowered once you reach Sorcery and Blasting Workshops. Why? Because of this:

You cast Fireball, and an armada of Fireballs appear. They can attack enemies. They have only strength 4, but they give collateral damage and can bombard citie defenses. Just throw them on the city, it doesn't matter - next turn you get new ones. The result: cities blasted completely free of any garrison without fighting a single fight with your main units.

New on the war front: Falamar is dead.

So is Faeryl...

I replaced all unit builds with buildings, set our workers to sleep and built the Ride of the Nine Kings and rushed the Catacomb Libralus. Why? "Just because we can!"™ Honestly, it's totally meaningless what we do now in this game - it's over and will be won via Conquest in the next 15 turns or so.

We have two armies converging on Varn Gosam - one from the East, the other from the South. Time to wrap this up gentlemen, for a record score of over 150k!

Imhotep

Attachments

• ROTQM8-AD-0385.CivBeyondSwordSave
    369.5 KB · Views: 55
wow...i get to win the game?!?

really?!?!

nice.

got it.

Top Bottom