ROTQM8 - Rune Oaths Terrify Quarrying Midgets

Very well. I played 7 more. Not much happened. Killed two swordsmen with Stoneguard. Had to spend his promotion on forest fighter ++ because I wasn't expecting him run into the woods.

Anyhow, founded fish wheat and sent settler 2 toward cow fish copper, picking up some warriors on the way.

Sent Baraxus over west and he's just arrived in the area.

Founded the shrine in Dave's place.

Switched to Warfare right away. It came in and I moved to CoL.

All just as I was told. THank you, Jet. I really do need that sort of hand-holding in this game. Sorry.

Edit: It never did let me build Form of the Titan. Do you need to have the high XP unit present in the city at the time?

Attachments

• ROTQM8 AD-0217.CivBeyondSwordSave
    242.3 KB · Views: 73
My bad, you do need have gotten a high XP unit (any time, any place, just like for Heroic Epic in the unmodded game.) Our warrior Stonegard Stonginthejohn is only 3 XP away from L6, so if he makes it that will do it. Or, Bambur, has the Hero promotion, which means he'll gain XP automatically until 100 XP, so worst case we can wait until his XP get up to 26. Another :smoke: on my part is that to build National Epic, you need a Library, for which you need the Writing tech. So we should have waited a few techs to research Warfare.

Sorry guys, could not get to it yesterday after a long day in the lawyer's office. Will get to it tonight.

Played my set (23 turns to bring us to the nice round number of 240). Settled some cities and made some use of Barnaxus and Bambur. Dain is close to extinction, our troops are standing before the very gates of his proud capital. Our fellow dwarves will soon go on a campaign against the Sheaim. Looking at the quality of our land it's not too much emphasizing to say this one is won already. I will put up the report tomorrow at latest.

Imhotep

It were the swift years under the sun and the moon. After the Age of Ice was over and Erebus, the world that is, was warmer and more friendly again, the Dwarves began to prosper. They were almost frisky and eager for more lore and new lands.

However it was a world full of emnity and hatred, of deadly strife and merciless deeds. The Dwarves however were battle-hardened creatures who could wield their bronze weapons with a mastery no enemy could withstand.

At the foremost fronts in these days were two heroes of old - Bambur and Barnaxus. The fear of them was running in front of them on the battlefield, doing great damage to the morale of the enemy troops.

Bambur also had great renown as a healer and technician, as he was a mighty smith.

Happy were the days of the Dwarves, as they became the Lords of Erebus, uncontested within their domain.

The enemy however would not yield, and so the Dwarves had to pacify the regions in the West by force.

The fellow tribe of the Khazad was helping the Dwarves in these days, and sent a great host towards the South. But the Dwarves said that the South was their domain, but the North would be free for the Khazad to take...

The cries of the Dwarves are heard now in front of the gates of Cevedes. There is little hope for the defenders that they can withstand the onslaught of battle in the following days.

And so the Dwarves fight and build on to become masters of everything that is in this world...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OT: Dain is dead in the next set. For our FfH noobs: Spells like enchanted blade are one key to owning the AI troops. And don't forget to use the repair spell, it will heal Golems like Barnaxus and the Catapults. I have another Settler in the queue once Form of the Titan finishes in the capital. We have some excellent city spots in the West. As our maintenance costs are growing it's time for the switch to City States, therefore I researched Cartography (due in 2 turns). CoL and Writing came in too, and afterwards we should head via Knowledge of the Ether to Sorcery to unlock our Blasting Workshops. Fireball slinging Golems ftw! And remember to build more Sculptor's Studios too.

Imhotep

Awesome indeed. Way to kill tall people, Immy!

Fireball slinging Golems ftw!

I honestly believe you are the only lawyer in time, space, and transdimensional physics ever to say that.

I just realized we have a bit of a thin rooster...

Roster
Ozbenno Gravelrash -- camping with the wee ones
Jet Rockson
Rex Stronginthejohnson
Imhotep son of Gloin -- just played
pholkhero midgetson -- up, but probably oblivious to the fact

Pholk has real life kicking him in the nuts right now, so we can't count on him to pick this up. With Ozzy out, that leaves Jet next. Do we want to skip half the roster or wait until Pholk or Ozzy can come back online?

I am back in the loop i think and getting a Hoover-esque "return to normalcy" in my RL so i CAN get this in the next day. However, on the upside...brand new computer!! so i will need to know what patch to dl....g??

I started off by sending in the cats...

and renaming a warrior b/c i felt left out:

Carto came in; went with Ether

after a few more turns of catapulting and taking down the defenders 3 at a time:

We got some horsies:

And more fighting:

got signs meaning nothing:

built the titan and a settler in 3:

silly event:

I added the 36 gold or whatever to our treasury.

And their last city:

buh-bye

And we're 3rd in wealth:

I went with sorcery next not knowing what to do; this is also why i stopped after 12 turns or so.

ahh, cripes...i need a poem!!

Dwarves are mean
dwarves are tough
dwarven men love
dwarven mu--

G'night folks!!

:D

Attachments

• ROTQM8 AD-0251.CivBeyondSwordSave
    274.4 KB · Views: 66
Sorcery needs one of the mana enabling techs first - Elementalism for Fire Mana is the obvious choice.

Top Bottom