I gave it a try some days ago. Rather an interesting project, and ideas.
The concept reminds me Majesty game, which is actually quite brilliant. It solves some issues of original game.

I am not sure if it is intended for AI to handle declarations of friendships?
I don't know, but it didn't feel like my tech decision mattered at all, so I just set one very far away and didn't bother about it.
There is also a bug with Production Notification, upon new city construction, production is set automatically and this notification stays forever.
Rebels spawning and grabbing their first city, absolutely lovely idea and execution. Obviously, somehow limited by game limitations (max players).

I didn't play long (no time recently), I randomly visited this thread and got interested enough to check it out. So I can't offer any deeper insight.
Anyway, good job. Thanks for sharing.

I gave it a try some days ago. Rather an interesting project, and ideas.
The concept reminds me Majesty game, which is actually quite brilliant. It solves some issues of original game.

I am not sure if it is intended for AI to handle declarations of friendships?
I don't know, but it didn't feel like my tech decision mattered at all, so I just set one very far away and didn't bother about it.
There is also a bug with Production Notification, upon new city construction, production is set automatically and this notification stays forever.
Rebels spawning and grabbing their first city, absolutely lovely idea and execution. Obviously, somehow limited by game limitations (max players).

I didn't play long (no time recently), I randomly visited this thread and got interested enough to check it out. So I can't offer any deeper insight.
Anyway, good job. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for giving it a try and the feedback.

What do you mean by AI handle declaration of friendships? You are in control of your diplomacy. There should not be a declaration of friendship without you wanting it.

I agree that research selection could be more important. I'm hoping in a future version to add bonuses that you unlock based on technology research order which will make research selection more important.

I'll look into preventing the production notification when founding a city.

Leprechaun updated Rule Through the Ages with a new update entry:

v8 Change Notes

Set up options:

No notifications about units (default true)

No notifications about starvation (default false)

Balance:

Made some World Congress projects more attractive to AI civs so there is more likely to be competition building them.

Several Libertarian policies have smaller gold penalty.

Added gold yield bonus to solar farms and wind farms when researching the battery technologies.

Slowed down unit maintenance cost increases.

AA units and SAM units can no longer attack....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Leprechaun updated Rule Through the Ages with a new update entry:

v9 Change Notes

Bug Fixes:

Some bonus yields from Great Works were lower than intended, fixed those.
Found and fixed a bug that could cause crashes when there were multiple rebellions in one turn.
Fixed crash in rare military AI edge case.

Tuning:

Town improvements have a maintenance cost of 1 gold.
Cargo ships cost more.
Missionaries and inquisitors cost more and have more religious strength.
Disabled civs asking you to not settle near them anymore. Borders still cause diplomatic tension....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom