[RD] Russia Invades Ukraine: War News Thread: Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now both Canada and Russia can do it, no problem for either (or was it: problems for both).
Perfect illustration of false equivalence used since the start by pro-Russians

1 = 400.

Country in the process trying to steal territory from Ukraine says what?

Does a private aviation company have anything to do with it?
And they are Russian - so automatically they can be robbed

There are no good Russians, bad Russians. Today they are all to blame. All 100500 of Russia's population are to blame for bombing Ukraine (as I understand it, including children). Andrzej Yermak, head of the office of the president of Ukraine

Budanov, head of the Main Directorate of Intelligence of Ukraine.
About the people in Crimea.
Very simple. Bringing to justice. Fair accountability, as we understand it, for certain people for their actions can only be their physical extermination.

Here are your heroes. Justice and the Law. Aha

Perfect illustration of false equivalence used since the start by pro-Russians

1 = 400.
The Antonov type plane isn't exactly civilian-sized.
Then again, if you rob 5 billion dollars, you aren't really less of a robber (or certainly you aren't a non-robber) than one who robbed 20 billion.

As to the ownership of the plane,

The aircraft, an Antonov 124, is believed to be owned by a subsidiary of Volga-Dnepr Airlines LLC and Volga-Dnepr Group, two entities against which Canada recently imposed sanctions due to their actions in the war against Ukraine, according to a press release from Global Affairs.

So I guess that's what a private company has to do with the war. It is well-understood that there is functionally no divide between the state and the 'private' sector in Russia. For example, Putin himself by some accounts is the richest man in the world with a net worth exceeding $200 billion. This wealth is of course owned and managed through a large network of shell companies. My guess is that the Volga-Dnepr group and associated LLC are shell companies concealing ownership by a Russian official or officials who are directly involved with the war, or alternatively they are real companies but are taking an active role in the war in some other way.

Yes, but let's try to pretend it isn't so, and that the point is about doing something illegal still being illegal regardless of who does it ^^

It is not illegal in either case. Russian appropriation of aircraft was explicitly done under a law passed by the Duma, and similarly confiscating the assets of individuals or entities under sanction is entirely legal under Canadian law.

As to the ownership of the plane,

So I guess that's what a private company has to do with the war. It is well-understood that there is functionally no divide between the state and the 'private' sector in Russia. For example, Putin himself by some accounts is the richest man in the world with a net worth exceeding $200 billion. This wealth is of course owned and managed through a large network of shell companies. My guess is that the Volga-Dnepr group and associated LLC are shell companies concealing ownership by a Russian official or officials who are directly involved with the war, or alternatively they are real companies but are taking an active role in the war in some other way.
Volga-Dnepr was the only airline whose planes were used to transport cargo to Afghanistan for ISAF forces. Since the start of the campaign to overthrow the Taliban regime in Afghanistan, the airline has been actively involved in the intervention in

good old days)

The Antonov type plane isn't exactly civilian-sized.
Then again, if you rob 5 billion dollars, you aren't really less of a robber (or certainly you aren't a non-robber) than one who robbed 20 billion.
Yeah, we perfectly know how it works now, when Russian soldiers rape hundreds of woman and children, when Russian soldiers torture and kill thousand of civilians, of course Russia is not more guilty than Ukraine, because, look, I found a video of an Ukrainian soldier shooting in the leg of a Russian prisoner.

I don't even process how the confiscation of airplanes can even register in the moral balance when what's happening is felonious invasion + mass murders + torture + systematic civlian bombing + ethnic cleansing + illegal annexation + I don't know how many more war crimes.
I mean, I don't expect anything when it comes to dignity from the Kremlin toads so I'm not surprised they try even such comically pathetic attempt at derailing, but why even bother fighting on that hill ?

Volga-Dnepr was the only airline whose planes were used to transport cargo to Afghanistan for ISAF forces. Since the start of the campaign to overthrow the Taliban regime in Afghanistan, the airline has been actively involved in the intervention in

good old days)

What does that have to do with the matter at hand?

I don't even process how the confiscation of airplanes can even register in the moral balance when what's happening is felonious invasion + mass murders + torture + systematic civlian bombing + ethnic cleansing + illegal annexation + I don't know how many more war crimes.
I mean, I don't expect anything when it comes to dignity from the Kremlin toads so I'm not surprised they try even such comically pathetic attempt at derailing, but why even bother fighting on that hill ?

4 the lurkers!!!!11

Yeah, we perfectly know how it works now, when Russian soldiers rape hundreds of woman and children, when Russian soldiers torture and kill thousand of civilians, of course Russia is not more guilty than Ukraine, because, look, I found a video of an Ukrainian soldier shooting in the leg of a Russian prisoner.
billions, actually

We were talking about selling foreign plane property. I think it is a bit different than raping/killing and pretty straightforward to accept it is a crime by whoever does it.

We were talking about selling foreign plane property. I think it is a bit different than raping/killing and pretty straightforward to accept it is a crime by whoever does it.
what does the stealing of a civilian plane have to do in a thread on a war ?

billions, actually

There are thousands of direct murders of Ukrainian civilians confirmed. There are millions displaced, millions more living in fear with inconsistent access to basic necessities.

Is that all just a joke to you?

what does the stealing of a civilian plane have to do in a thread on a war ?
because it's happening because of the war?

There are thousands of direct murders of Ukrainian civilians confirmed. There are millions displaced, millions more living in fear with inconsistent access to basic necessities.

Is that all just a joke to you?
I have acquaintances who died in this war. who suffered (Ukrainians). I have already written about it.
I joke about your (western, which is a copy of Ukrainian) propaganda.

from mass media:
The Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine reported that many public statements of the former Commissioner for Human Rights in Ukraine Lyudmila Denisova did not correspond to reality and misled the investigation. In particular, a number of Ms. Denisova's reports about rapes of children in Ukraine by the Russian military were not confirmed.

"The law enforcers tried to dig on their own. They pulled up all the appeals to doctors, statements to the police, data on the dead, trying to find the cases Denisova described...looking for two-year-old twins from Kherson, who, according to the ombudsman, died of rape. However, all this work was futile," Ukrainska Pravda reports.

The prosecutor's office explained to the newspaper that, according to the Ukrainian supervisory authority, between April and June, the Ukrainian authorities registered only two confirmed cases of child abuse. Ms. Denisova's publications in social networks indicated a much larger number of child victims.

As Liudmila Denisova later told the prosecutor's office during her second interrogation before her dismissal, most of the rapes allegedly occurring in Ukraine were reported to her by her daughter on the basis of unverified information.

Although the Ukrainian prosecutor's office has recognized a number of former ombudsman's statements about child rapes as fakes, the office confirms the existence of such precedents in the country. According to the prosecutor's office, since late February there have been dozens of cases of rape of citizens of all ages in Ukraine.

I have acquaintances who died in this war. who suffered (Ukrainians). I have already written about it.
I joke about your (western, which is a copy of Ukrainian) propaganda.

from mass media:
The Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine reported that many public statements of the former Commissioner for Human Rights in Ukraine Lyudmila Denisova did not correspond to reality and misled the investigation. In particular, a number of Ms. Denisova's reports about rapes of children in Ukraine by the Russian military were not confirmed.

"The law enforcers tried to dig on their own. They pulled up all the appeals to doctors, statements to the police, data on the dead, trying to find the cases Denisova described...looking for two-year-old twins from Kherson, who, according to the ombudsman, died of rape. However, all this work was futile," Ukrainska Pravda reports.

The prosecutor's office explained to the newspaper that, according to the Ukrainian supervisory authority, between April and June, the Ukrainian authorities registered only two confirmed cases of child abuse. Ms. Denisova's publications in social networks indicated a much larger number of child victims.

As Liudmila Denisova later told the prosecutor's office during her second interrogation before her dismissal, most of the rapes allegedly occurring in Ukraine were reported to her by her daughter on the basis of unverified information.

Although the Ukrainian prosecutor's office has recognized a number of former ombudsman's statements about child rapes as fakes, the office confirms the existence of such precedents in the country. According to the prosecutor's office, since late February there have been dozens of cases of rape of citizens of all ages in Ukraine.
of coz evem 2 case is terrible, but that happen in normal life with about the same frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom