SGOTM 22 - Anti-TSR

Do you have a Rome screenshot from when we settled IC? Or does our uploaded save count?

Brilliantly well done on lucking out and
settling IC on T107!!! :goodjob:

Unordered thoughts. Keep an eye on Angle growing to pop2. We might want to capture that for ivory, if needed temporarily for Zeus. Hannibal might beat us to Angle, of course. Maybe we should plan on sending 3 prats to Angle and building Zeus before Paya, if we can't trade for ivory. Zeus is much cheaper. We don't even need to road that ivory tile.

Did your calcs include 1t revolt to OrgRel?

Extending the chain one galley and adding three roads lands us at Mecca 1t sooner. Are we planning to steal Darius' worker on T110? If so, be sure to run the spy mission first (knock on wood).

Judging from Zara's land, 100-unit galley-chaining is absolutely the way to go.

What are we waiting for on trading for marble?

Do you have a Rome screenshot from when we settled IC? Or does our uploaded save count?

crap, I forgot. I hope that counts.
Funny tho, I just imagined we got DQ's, and I had this huge sense of relief.

Our 10 defenders were all in place on T106, so I could show that too.

Brilliantly well done on lucking out and
settling IC on T107!!! :goodjob:

Unordered thoughts. Keep an eye on Angle growing to pop2. We might want to capture that for ivory, if needed temporarily for Zeus. Hannibal might beat us to Angle, of course. Maybe we should plan on sending 3 prats to Angle and building Zeus before Paya, if we can't trade for ivory. Zeus is much cheaper. We don't even need to road that ivory tile.

Did your calcs include 1t revolt to OrgRel?

Extending the chain one galley and adding three roads lands us at Mecca 1t sooner. Are we planning to steal Darius' worker on T110? If so, be sure to run the spy mission first (knock on wood).

Judging from Zara's land, 100-unit galley-chaining is absolutely the way to go.

What are we waiting for on trading for marble?

Ivory: it'd be nice if that worked out. We'll keep an eye on it.

No, my calcs did not include 1t revolt :blush:

Darius, Let's see where the worker goes. I'd rather not start a war unless it was 2+ workers and we could get peace pretty quick.

PPP T107-112

Research

Aes at 100%
T111 adjust slider to finish Aes with minimal overflow?
T112 0% Literature

Steal
T108 Mono
Currency at -50%

Misc
Sal, Wine for 4 gpt
Send 0xp warrior to HC for MP duty
2xp warrior? try to get more xp? or just make FC more happy?
1st Galley: head to FC
new galley: do what? if we sail around, it will likely cost us 'unit supply'
WoodyII: keep an eye on barb cities? or go exploring? or think about upgrading? I'm not sure I like the delay in Lit/Music if we spend 80 to upgrade. Conquer gold would be nice.
Chariots: send 2 to Mecca (with the goal of getting a 5xp healer on the way)
send some more to scout Darius' direction for workers.
also peek at the barb cities.
open to more ideas.

City plans:

Bovino
: 1 Praet
1 worker will chop T109 then 1whip a Praet or possibly a cat.
Then chop granary T113

HC : Rax + 2 Praets
Had to drop my plan for 1whip in order to get the units out before anarchy.
t107 pPraet
t108 Rax
t109 chop Rax
T110 2whip Praet
T111 Praet
112 anarchy

Rome : 2 Praet (or Cat/Praet)
T107-109 Praet
T110: put less than 15h in a praet (or less than 20h in a cat)
T111 2whip Praet
anarchy
T113 Parthenon

FC: 2 galleys, cat, Praet
T107 pCat
T108-110 pPraet
T111 Galley3 (chop)
112 anarchy
113 2whip Cat (work the Food tiles)
114 Praet (chop)
115 Galley4 (chop)

Total Army leaving T116 or earlier is 4 galleys, 7 'big' units, chariot...unless we find another big unit.
plus 2 chariots over land.

I think Woodie should go to Sal to peek into Mecca and Baghdad so we know where to attack first. Preferably Mecca.

Bear in mind that Baghdad will get neither of the two rice tiles till Medina is razed. Same with gold and Najran. Likewise, Mecca won't get iron without capturing Damascus and Medina will dominate the Mecca sugar and one village.

I was targeting Mecca>Damascus because that would enable us to capture Mecca at Rome-pop12, then gift away IC just before capturing Damascus at Rome-pop12, giving us back iron.

If we capture Baghdad at RomePop12, then we need RomePop14 for Mecca, and still want Damascus to get the Mecca iron tile. That would leave us with very few units to also capture/raze Medina and Najran.

In short, I don't really see any benefit of capturing Baghdad first, other than a military outpost for capturing Mecca.

What's the spy plan? Mono t108. Then Archery t110? I think it would be better to try to steal Currency with 50% fortification bonus. Archery t116.

x-post

In short, I don't really see any benefit of capturing Baghdad first, other than a military outpost for capturing Mecca.
+1

I'm concerned that Baghdad first would give Sal too much time to get Feudalism, upgrade archers, build more defenders, etc.

The difference between -30% on currency and -50% on currency is ~130 EP.

I don't think we need archery before t116.

+1

I'm concerned that Baghdad first would give Sal too much time to get Feudalism, upgrade archers, build more defenders, etc.

We can play it by ear. But I'd rather get something with our first wave army if Mecca is too strong. Could we whip Baghdad to the ground and get peace, gift it back to Sal, and then hit Mecca? That way Rome doesn't need to be 14. Or, we could ditch Bovino. I've been toying with this idea. Skip the granary and chop it clear and gift it. Some AI should be close enough to take it. So far, my thinking on that is we can get more use out of it with the granary first and gift it later.

I think Woodie should go to Sal to peek into Mecca and Baghdad so we know where to attack first. Preferably Mecca.

We are sending 2 chariots that can reveal Mecca, then go to attack Bagdad if we choose.
I don't think we need to send woody also. He might come in handy if we find 2-3 Darius workers. I'm still hoping some arrive from our NW

I saw a number of Sal workers around Najran, btw. He also had a settler en route, so there's another city up there with workers probably.

I think it's better to focus on Sal workers with extra units than Darius workers. I'm sick of losing spies at 1%.

Sal has 7 cities, we know of 5.

What's the formula for turns for a captured city to come out of resistance?
Code:
		if (iTeamCulturePercent < GC.getDefineINT("OCCUPATION_CULTURE_PERCENT_THRESHOLD"))
		{
			pNewCity->changeOccupationTimer(((GC.getDefineINT("BASE_OCCUPATION_TURNS") + ((pNewCity->getPopulation() * GC.getDefineINT("OCCUPATION_TURNS_POPULATION_PERCENT")) / 100)) * (100 - iTeamCulturePercent)) / 100);
		}
Population: = city population after we capture the city (=old population - 1 for cities we never owned)
BASE_OCCUPATION_TURNS: 3
OCCUPATION_TURNS_POPULATION_PERCENT: 50
iTeamCulturePercent: 0 (for cities without our culture)

turns= (3+Pop*50/100)

old city pop -> turns
1 -> 3
2 -> 3
3 -> 4
4 -> 4
5 -> 5
6 -> 5
etc.

Top Bottom